Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
SS/OC

Bibliomancer by bibliomancer [Reviews - 2]

<< >>

Would you like to submit a review?

A moment later, Snape and Adoxa manifested in the dingy sitting room of Spinner's End. It was the hour before dawn, the room lit by nothing more than a thin crack of moonlight peeking around the edge of the dark curtains.


Adoxa let out a feral scream and sunk to her knees on the floor, tears pouring down her cheeks as she replayed the horrific night in her mind's eye.


“Silence,” Snape spat coldly, striding past her to the front door, wand drawn, checking his wards. “We haven't much time.”


He stooped to retrieve a toppled pile of correspondence, which had accumulated beneath the mail slot. Returning to the sitting room, he tossed the letters angrily onto the floor in front of the sobbing woman and sank into his armchair.


Adoxa forced her composure, drawing a hand across her cheek to catch the tears, as she retrieved the letters. Atop the pile was a red envelope, bearing a Ministry of Magic seal. Beneath it, a letter from Hogwarts.


“Oh, Severus,” Adoxa gasped.


Snape buried his head in his hands, closing his eyes.


“We must go! Now, as planned.” Adoxa retrieved the satchel from where it had landed beside her. “I've the necessary documents prepared. One for you, one for me, one for Dra ...”


“No.” Snape cut her off. “It ends now. I am no coward. I shall not run. If Draco were alive, then it would be different. Now, it is only you and me.”


“But ...” Adoxa choked. “They will have your wand … or worse!”


“Have you no faith in me?” Snape opened his eyes.


“You evaded Azkaban once. It will not happen a second time. The Wizarding world is filled with those who would make you a scapegoat. You've many enemies.”


“You needn't remind me.”


“They will see you locked away for life!”


“Under what pretence?”


“For Dumbledore's murder. For being a spy, a Death Eater. Destruction of property …”


Snape laughed bitterly. “You may need to answer for that yourself, my wandless wonder.”


“I …” Adoxa began.


He shot her an irritated glance in reply.


“Your mother's wand is safe. You'll find it here, among the belongings we sent over the Floo Network earlier. I thought …”


“No, I am quite certain that you did not. Whatever possessed you to take such a risk, Adoxa? You might have been killed!”


“What of you?” Adoxa rose to her feet and walked toward Snape's chair. “I can't bear the thought of it. I can't live without you!”


“You'll get used to it,” he muttered, suddenly pushing to his feet. Her tearful pleas dismissed, he stalked toward the kitchen.


“Severus ...” Adoxa begged, trailing behind.


“Go to bed, Adoxa. I need time to think. Alone.”


“Come. Please. With me.” She stared at him urgently, her black eyes glistening with fresh tears. “This may be the last night that we spend together.”


“It bloody well will be if you don't leave me in peace!” Snape exploded, slamming a hand down on the kitchen counter, startling Adoxa and making the dishes rattle. He turned away from her, his shoulders wracked with tension, his hands clenching into white, trembling fists.


With a resigned nod, Adoxa left the kitchen, heading to the bedroom. Crawling into bed, she proceeded to cry herself to sleep, a pillow over her head.


From the kitchen, curses and clatter filled the air as Snape pillaged his potions cabinet, desperate for hope.


Bibliomancer by bibliomancer [Reviews - 2]

<< >>

Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Copyright © 2003-2007 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved