Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
SS/OC

Bibliomancer by bibliomancer [Reviews - 2]

<< >>

Would you like to submit a review?

Twilight approached as Snape, Adoxa and Nefas arrived at Spinner's End from London, by way of a brick fireplace at the back of the vintage shop.


“Nice place you got here.” Nefas looked around the sitting room approvingly.


“You must be joking,” Snape scoffed.


“Nah, better than me. I squat in an old warehouse.” He added, with obvious delight, “Blimey! You've even got electric!”


“The rings, Adoxa,” Snape requested, steering the conversation away from Nefas' glowing praise for his gloomy terrace house.


She dropped the bands into his outstretched hand, one large and thick, the other small and thin, both made of a dull, silvery metal.


“Draw your wand, Mr. Lovegood,” Snape commanded.


“Right.” Nefas withdrew the wand from his trench coat and waited awkwardly, unsure of what to do next.


Snape slid the rings down the length of Nefas' wand and turned to face Adoxa. Extending both of his arms, he took her hands in his. Slowly, he knelt before her and she followed his lead.


Nefas cleared his throat. “Umm, alright then. Do you …” Pausing, he whispered, “Oy, what's your name?”


“Severus Tobias Snape,” the kneeling groom responded coolly.


“Do you, Severus Tobias Snape, take … Doxa, what's your full name?”


“Adoxa Maria Lathraea Clandestina Flourish Muir,” the blushing bride offered.


“Right then.”


“I do,” Snape interjected.


“And do you ...” He paused, preparing to repeat the bride's name but thought better of it. “Do you, Adoxa, take Severus here to be your husband?”


“I do.” She smiled, her eyes sparkling.


Turning to Snape, Nefas stated, “Will you, Severus, vow to love this woman for the rest of your days?”


“I will,” the groom replied, staring deeply into Adoxa's eyes.


The self-proclaimed Priest of the Moon turned to the bride and repeated the question. “Will you, Adoxa, vow to love this man for the rest of your days?”


“I will.” She blinked, clearing the mist from her vision.


Nefas lowered his wand over their joined hands, grinning with surprise as cords of magical light swirled down its length and coiled around their hands.


“I enchant these rings with your mutual love and affection. Wear them as a symbol of the promises you made today. This Vow will not be broken until your lives end and if broken,” he swallowed, “will result in … death.”


Nefas lowered his wand, the magical cords fading from sight. Snape unclasped his right hand from Adoxa's and extended it. From his wand, Nefas let the small ring slip down into Snape's waiting palm.


“Adoxa, I take you as my wife,” Snape whispered, sliding the band onto her finger.


Into Adoxa's palm, Nefas dropped the larger ring.


“Severus,” she breathed, “I take you as my husband.”


They joined hands once more and Nefas raised his wand. “By the light of the Moon and the power of this Unbreakable Vow, I pronounce you husband and wife. So mote it be.”


Adoxa closed her dark eyes and leaned forward, Snape meeting her halfway and pressing his lips to hers in a light, chaste kiss.


Nefas pocketed his wand and Snape rose slowly to his feet, offering a hand to Adoxa.


“Congrats!” Nefas beamed at the couple. “I hope that worked.”


“I expect that it did.” Snape nodded. “Thank you.”


“Yes, thank you, Nefas.” Adoxa smiled pleasantly, walking toward him. “You did a lovely job.”


“I … did?” He gaped.


“Yes, it was truly beautiful.” Noticing Snape's intense gaze toward the hearth, Adoxa began to point Nefas in that direction. “But I expect that you need to be getting back now,” Adoxa suggested, nudging him toward the barren hearth from which they had emerged but a few minutes before.


“Yeah,” Nefas laughed. “You'll be wanting to get shagged by that husband of yours, won't you?”


“Quite,” Snape droned, discreetly drawing his wand.


“Thank you again, Nefas.” Adoxa gave him a gentle push into the hearth.


“Confundo!” Snape intoned, pointing his wand at the befuddled rogue-priest-wizard.


Adoxa grabbed a handful of Floo powder from atop the mantle and chucked it into the hearth, shouting, “Noxious Nocturne Vintage Cafe!” She offered an apologetic wave as a Confunded Nefas Lovegood, High Priest of the Moon and Seeker of Celestial Truths, vanished into a burst of green fire.


The triumphant groom pocketed his wand, a smug expression on his face, as he strode across the room to his bride.


“Well done, Madam Snape.” He gazed down at her, his black eyes sparkling.


“And you, Professor Snape.” She blushed.


Resting one hand on her waist and curving the other around the back of her neck, he tilted her chin with the lightest touch, claiming her lips with his own.


The kiss deepened, her mouth opening to him as he thrust his tongue, tangling it with hers. They were locked in a passionate embrace, all wandering hands and insatiable lips, when Snape broke away.


“Not here, Adoxa,” he managed hoarsely. “Collect your belongings. We leave tonight.”


Adoxa paused a moment, staring at him with her head tilted to the side, before rushing off to collect what few possessions she had: the sack of purchases from the vintage shop, her shawl, wand and original set of clothing. She rushed into the kitchen and tossed the groceries she had obtained back from the cabinets into the paper sacks on the floor, returning to the sitting room, her arms full. Save for the grandfather clock, and it could stay, she owned nothing else.


Snape paced through the house, collecting some rare books, his journal and the letter from Flourish, which he tossed into his satchel. Passing through the kitchen, he retrieved the crates of books and supplies he had recently rescued from the Potions classroom. From his bedroom, he packed few items, since most of his teaching regalia remained at Hogwarts over the summer.


“Severus ...” Adoxa asked suddenly. “I think I know why you did it but was it truly necessary? To Nefas, I mean. I hardly know the man.”


“Yes,” Snape replied harshly as he entered the sitting room. “We haven't time for paperwork and there are few people in this world whom I trust, fewer still who trust me in return. I'll not have our words used against us or our vow corrupted in some way. Mr. Lovegood will remember nothing of this night and our promises will remain between us alone.”


Adoxa gave a resigned nod and began stacking her meagre belongings into the hearth.


“Do not fret, my love,” Snape said as he added his boxes, crates and luggage to the pile. He grabbed his satchel and, after giving the room a final once-over, stepped into the hearth, motioning for Adoxa to follow.


“I must ask. Where are we going? This is our wedding night, after all.”


“Ah, yes. Yes, it is.” Snape smirked as he reached for the Floo powder. “And as Mr. Lovegood so eloquently put it, you were hoping to get shagged by your husband. Am I correct?”


“Mm-hmm,” she purred, concern for her Confunded acquaintance quickly forgotten amid the growing anticipation of her first night as Snape's wife.


“And so you will. But not here.”


“Where then?” Adoxa bit her lip impatiently.


“Slytherin Dungeons, Personal Quarters,” Snape intoned, tossing the Floo powder to the floor.


And the newlywed Professor and Madam Snape, along with the better part of their worldly goods, vanished in a burst of green flame.


Bibliomancer by bibliomancer [Reviews - 2]

<< >>

Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Copyright © 2003-2007 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved