Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
SS/Canon > Het

The Moment It Began by sindie11 [Reviews - 3]

<<

Would you like to submit a review?


Eleven Years Later

The Muggle and Wizarding Worlds after the fall of Voldemort became one world, more or less. With the breach of the Statute of Secrecy, the Ministries had worked together in the hopes of coming to an agreement. The biggest threat to Muggles had been the biggest threat to wizards and witches as well, and if Muggles understood that, it would help pave the road to peace.

Platform Nine and Three-Quarters had since become a place of great awe to Muggles, especially on the last day of August every year. The magical folk gathered there and mysteriously disappeared through the magical barrier.

Among those standing on the platform on this last day of August was a family of three: Severus, Lily, and their son, Evan, who would be starting his first year at Hogwarts.

"When d'you suppose they'll be here?" Evan asked, practically begging, his large green eyes staring hopefully up at his parents.

"I always thought you should've taught him a little more patience," a strict voice intervened.

Lily turned around to find Petunia standing there. She smiled at her sister.

"Ah, Tuney, I'm glad you could make it," Lily said. "Of course, you know Evan has always been on the anxious side."

"I'm always telling her to relax more," a male's voice teased, and Lily and Petunia pivoted to see Sirius joining them, two children in tow.

Evan was surveying his cousins, Torsten and Alexandria. Torsten was a boy of eight, who had light brown hair and his father's handsome looks. He was like a Sirius Junior, much to Severus's dismay. Alexandria, who went by Lexi, was only six, and resembled Petunia at that age, only she was surprisingly shy.

"Were you inquiring after your cousins, Evan?" asked Severus dryly, smiling.

"Well, no... Oh, Dad, you know who I mean!" Evan exclaimed indignantly, jumping in place.

Severus stilled his son by placing a hand on his shoulder. "Calm down, Evan. I'm sure the Potters will be here any moment."

Severus refrained from rolling his eyes, although just barely. Evan was quite a mix of his parents, both in looks and attitude. His hair was long and black, just like Severus's, but every time Severus saw his son's eyes, he was happy to see he had inherited one of Lily's best features. As the boy had grown older, Evan's nose had taken on its form more, and although it was noticeably smaller than his father's, it curved in a way just enough to be called hooked. Still, Severus thought Evan to be a handsome boy.

Lily was talking with her sister, and Sirius was caught up with the kids. Severus shook his head, remarking, "Got your hands full, do you, Sirius?"

"Always," Sirius replied as Alexandria quietly whined about something.

"They're not going to Hogwarts for a long time yet," Evan stated proudly. "What house do you think I'll be in?"

This got Lily's attention.

"It doesn't matter to us, Evan, dear. You know that. Of course, I think your father would be very proud if you were in Slytherin. He wanted me to be, you know," she said with a wink.

Severus didn't think Evan would be in Slytherin. He was a mixture of a Ravenclaw and a Hufflepuff, more likely.

"Considering your best friend will probably be sorted into Gryffindor, you had better make sure you're prepared," Severus intoned seriously.

"But you and Mum got on just fine being where you were," Evan pointed out.

"Sev," Lily whispered into his ear, "don't frighten him."

"He's not frightened," Severus replied, watching as the Potters walked up to Evan.

Severus would never quite get over what he had already witnessed so many times. His son was best friends with the Potters' son.

Who would have thought, my son and Harry Potter, best friends? Severus wondered.

The Weasleys weren't too far behind, nor were the Longbottoms. Although Ron and Ginny had been friends with Evan and Harry, the two boys had been inseparable for years. A bossy voice caught Severus's attention, and he turned to see a bushy-haired girl with large front teeth ordering her parents along.

"Come on, Mum and Dad! We don't have all day! I can't possibly miss the train!" she was shouting.

Evan exchanged a look with Harry and burst out laughing. "Nutters, that one," Evan remarked.

"Be kind, Evan," Lily admonished. "You may become friends with that girl yet. From the looks of it, she's Muggle-born. I know what that's like. She's probably just trying to fit in."

"I was only joking," Evan replied innocently.

"Did you see her teeth?" Harry asked Evan, laughing.

Severus raised his eyebrows. This Harry Potter was most certainly a lot more like his father than the original one - both in looks and because of his teasing of others and joking at their expense. He sometimes wished Evan wasn't as close to him, but he knew Evan was a good influence on Harry.

"Be kind, Harry," Evan parroted at his friend.

Taking notice of the time, Lily said, "You'd best be getting on board." She kissed Evan, saying, "Be good. Write as soon as you can."

"I will. I promise, Mum." Evan gave Lily a quick hug and turned to his father.

While others were saying goodbye to their children, Severus and Evan faced each other. Severus gave his son a hopeful smile.

"You'll be brilliant, whatever house you're in," Severus told him. "I know you'll make us proud. You already have."

"Thanks, Dad." Evan hugged his father, and Severus patted the boy on the back.

"Run along, now," Severus said, watching Evan do just that, as he suddenly seemed eager to catch up to his friends.

Severus then watched as an eleven-year-old Draco Malfoy ran to get on the train before it left. Narcissa had been fussing over him as she always had before, and Severus silently shook his head, reflecting how some things never changed.

The train whistled as the clock struck eleven o'clock and pulled out of the station. As parents waved goodbye to their children, Severus wrapped an arm around Lily and pulled her close.

"Can you believe it? He's already going off to Hogwarts," Lily said.

"He has grown up fast," Severus replied. "Sometimes too fast."

"I always thought time a rather strange thing," Lily stated.

Somehow, Severus thought he knew exactly what she meant.

"It's like coming full circle... back to the moment it began."

The End


The Moment It Began by sindie11 [Reviews - 3]

<<

Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Copyright © 2003-2007 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved