Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
SS-Centric

Cherokee Camp by grugster [Reviews - 1]

>>

Would you like to submit a review?

Thanks a lot to my beta-readers, Tori and Leona, for correcting my mistakes.

Disclaimer: All recognizable characters belong to J.K. Rowling, and I am not earning anything by writing this story.

I’m not a native speaker of English!

Dear readers,

The story is canon conform until book four, and from then on it is AU!!

I'll mention rape and torture in this fic, but it won't be described in too much details. All the characters are OOC because of the changes in Harry's fifth year.

The Character death warning I only included because there will be mentioned the death of Neville and Ron. No more characters will die in this story!

You can find a description and drawing to each character on my homepage and a group photo of all the people in the camp by Amandine as well.

Sunny


Chapter 1 – On the Plane

Harry watched Severus glare at the seat in front of him as if he wanted to set it on fire; surely he wasn't still angry with Dumbledore for forcing them to fly?

“It would be a great experience for the boys, a good start to your adventure,” the old man had said.

Adventure? The man had nerve forcing them to go to this ridiculous camp!

On the other side of Severus, Draco was fast asleep, drooling on Severus' shoulder. He looked more peaceful than Harry had ever seen him. Besides Hermione, Draco was now his best friend. Draco was the only one who understood Harry because they had experienced the same horrible events. Maybe this camp would help Draco, but Harry wasn't sure it would help him. It was just stupid! The fact that he was still under-age meant Dumbledore could still force him to do this. Harry was just grateful that it was Severus and Draco who were coming with him; it would have been embarrassing if it was Minerva or Dumbledore himself.

Harry could just see the headlines now: Harry Potter, Insane after Torture in Malfoy Dungeons; Killed Voldemort, Now Insane or Potter Sent to Camp for Insane Teenagers After Tragic Loss of Close Friends.

Harry's throat felt tight whenever he thought about Ron and Neville. They had been tortured and killed in front of him, just to terrorize him. He had pleaded with the Death Eaters to let them go and take him instead. One of the Death Eaters even held his head up so that he had to watch them rape and torture his friends. In the end, they went too far, and Neville and Ron had died. Harry would never forget their faces screwed up in pain and their pleading eyes. He couldn't help them. Never would he forget, lying in his own blood and piss and seeing the life go out of Ron's eyes. At least Neville died with his back to Harry.

Draco had been raped and beaten. The Death Eaters also enjoyed cutting him; he was covered in scars now. The formerly beautiful boy was now a monster in the eyes of most girls. Even his damn father had had taken his own son. Draco had pleaded with them to kill him, but they enjoyed his agony too much.

They had played their sick games with Harry too, torturing him until he couldn't move anymore. They had forced him to call them “master,” promising that they would let his friends go if he did, but nothing helped; they tortured them nevertheless. They had found the perfect torture for each of them. The Death Eaters' evil laughter would follow Harry to his grave.

Harry could still hear his friends' cries when he tried to fall asleep at night. Each night he tossed and turned, unable to rid himself of the sound of their pleas for help or the image of Draco being taken by one of the Death Eaters. This would go on until he finally passed out from exhaustion, but the nightmares reliving the horror of what the Death Eaters had done woke him every night. The guilt about not being able to help his friends gnawed at him relentlessly. Everyone should have been free and happy after Voldemort's death, but the Death Eaters had destroyed it all.

Now, he could only feel hate. Hate for the Death Eaters and hate for himself. He couldn't say which one was more prominent.

Harry shook his head; he didn't want to think about any of this right now. He would just have to survive this damn camp, and then wait until he was of age. Then he could storm Azkaban, and make them pay for what they did. He didn't care that it would land him in prison as well; life had lost all meaning for him. All he wanted was revenge. Damn, he needed to stop thinking like this so openly. That's what got him sent to the camp in the first place. Dumbledore and the rest of the adults thought he was insane. They thought sending him to a camp where he wasn't allowed to use magic would help him. They were just stupid.

“Stop brooding, Harry,” Severus scolded him.

“I'm not,” Harry said sullenly.

“Of course, you are. I can see the smoke coming out of your ears.”

“I'm not! Besides, who are you to tell me to stop brooding? You have been looking daggers at the seat in front of you for the last two hours.”

“I hate planes. Nine hours in here is pure horror. I'm really looking forward to arriving at the camp.”

Severus' open character was something Harry had gotten used to. He was still surprised about how calm Severus could stay even when he yelled at him.

Things had changed a lot after that damn day at the Ministry. Draco had changed sides and had informed Dumbledore about his father's plans as well as those of Voldemort. He had fought side by side with Harry and the others.

Nobody would have thought Harry capable of killing Voldemort at the age of fifteen, but when Voldemort's ghost had possessed Harry and confronted Dumbledore, Harry pointed his wand at himself, killing them both. At least that was Harry's plan, but minutes later, he awoke in the arms of Dumbledore. By freely sacrificing his life for the others, he had activated his mother's protection of his soul, and only Voldemort's two pieces of soul had been destroyed. Harry hadn’t even believed Voldemort was gone until he saw that the Dark Mark on Severus’ arm had vanished.

Afterward, they had enjoyed two wonderful months at Headquarters and although Harry had mourned the loss of Sirius, the happiness of the others around him infected him. He was able to enjoy his freedom, at least until the day when some at-large Death Eaters had captured them. Draco, Neville, Ron and Harry had been on their way back to the Headquarters after meeting Hermione and Luna in Diagon Alley. The Death Eaters Stunned them in broad daylight and Disapparated with them to the Malfoy Manson. There they had to live through almost two weeks of torture. When finally freed and back at the Headquarters, the adults tried their best to help them cope with what had happened.

Draco and Harry had stuck together since then as if they had been friends for years. Only they could understand each other and only they knew the horror of the two weeks spent in the Malfoy Manson. They hardly spoke about what happened. Just being near each other gave them comfort. They had shared a room from then on, and when one woke up with a nightmare, the other was there to comfort him. Because the adults were concerned that they may not be coping well, some therapists had been enlisted, but while Draco opened up to one of the female therapists, Harry never spoke to any of them. Severus was really the only person they both opened up to.

In addition to Severus, there was Hermione. She was still a good friend, but Harry found it hard to speak with her about what happened. Hermione, however, wouldn't be Hermione if she couldn't come up with something to help in just about any situation. She had given Harry a notebook* which worked like a messenger; when he wrote something in it, Hermione could read it in her own notebook and then could reply. Writing to her was much easier for Harry than speaking face to face with her. He still didn't tell her everything, but at least it was a start.

Harry rummaged in his backpack for the messenger and finally found it.

“I’m going to write to Hermione,” Harry explained to Severus, who still was eying him.

“Good idea.”

Hi Hermione,

I'm on the plane now. Funny story: Severus is brooding beside me because Draco is asleep and drooling on his shoulder. But instead of waking him, he looks like he is trying to set the seat in front of him on fire.

Can you believe Severus still has his wand? That's so unfair! Dumbledore took ours away when he waved us goodbye at the airport.

Severus looked so mad at the airport that I had hoped that Severus would convince Dumbledore that this was a stupid idea, but you know something? Severus was just mad because of the plane. He hates planes. The camp he likes. Great! He even has friends there; maybe the camp was even his idea.

Now I’ve run out of things to say. Write if you have the book in your hand. I need some distraction.

Harry


The page went blank immediately which meant Hermione was reading it, so the chances where good that she would answer soon. She would be returning to school in two weeks for their sixth year. Harry and Draco wouldn’t be back by then, but Harry didn't care about that. What did he need school for? After all, he planned to kill the rest of the Death Eaters and then spend the remainder of his life in Azkaban. As for Draco, he wasn't able to concentrate on anything lately so school would be senseless for him. Dumbledore had let Charlie Weasley take over Severus’ job as the Potions teacher so that he could take Harry and Draco to Oklahoma.

Hermione's reply soon shimmered onto the page:

Hi Harry,

I would love to see Draco drooling on Severus' robes. He must look cute. I'm glad Severus still has his wand; at least he can rescue the two of you from any stupid things you try while in America. I want you two back in one piece! Tell Draco he should write me when he wakes up.

Please behave, Harry. Severus is just trying to help. I know you don't think you need help, but you do.

I have to go for lunch now. Write when you know something new.

Love, Hermione


Harry shut the book with a loud thud, waking Draco with a jolt.

“Thanks for rescuing me from drowning, Potter,” Severus said sarcastically.

“Sorry, Severus,” Draco said, blushing. He looked over at Harry, grinning. “Have you already written to your girlfriend?”

“Very funny, Draco. Hermione said you should write her, or she will break into our room and destroy your poster collection of the Falmouth Falcons,” Harry said dryly.

“She wouldn't…” Draco said, but after a few seconds he rummaged in his backpack for his own messenger.

Harry just grinned.


Please review!

Cherokee Camp by grugster [Reviews - 1]

>>

Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Copyright © 2003-2007 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved