Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
SS/OC

Hope for Snape by ARWoW [Reviews - 0]

<< >>

Would you like to submit a review?


Chapter 15 - Lily Always


Severus smiled broadly. This Diana woman -- she would apparently stop at nothing to satisfy her own selfish desires. But he didn't care -- he truly, really, absolutely didn't care. She was too late! If he had been a cold fish before, if to the whole world it appeared that nothing could penetrate his armour, then oh, how invincible he was now. He felt emotions surge through his body, the like of which he had never before experienced.

Joy.

Anticipation.

Happiness.... He tested that feeling -- yes, happiness seemed to express it satisfactorily. He let the feeling linger in his mind, savouring the hitherto unknown peace it brought to his inner self. The total union of mind and body he had achieved moments earlier with his beloved Jillian, the unmistakeable certainty that she loved him for himself, gave him strength of purpose surpassing anything that had gone before.

He waved mockingly to Diana, then, turning to Jillian, whispered gently, "Trust me, my love." And on those words, he held her close and Apparated them both to Lucius Malfoy's drawing room.

"Excuse me, old chap," said Severus, smirking. "Must dash - a bird in the hand and all that..."

With a mocking bow to Malfoy, Severus opened the snuff box on the mantelpiece, took a handful of Floo powder from it, threw some into the fire, and stepped in after it. Lucius, too stunned to speak, thought he faintly heard the words, "Professor McGonagall's study", as the naked Severus Snape and his companion vanished. Severus? Naked? And with a woman? (Who was she? - dammit, he could not see, her face had been pressed into Snape's neck). What the hell was going on?

Leaving Lucius to his unprofitable thoughts, Severus and Jillian appeared in Minerva's study.

"Severus, why....what...?"

"Hush, my love, we must act quickly. I'll explain as soon as I can." Severus moved swiftly to a locked cupboard, felt over it for wards, then whispering softly to it, he brushed his hand over the lock. The cupboard door swung open. Severus reached in and grabbed a small box. He opened it and tipped a small golden pendant into his hand.

"What is it, Severus? What's happening? Where are we?"

Severus smiled at Jillian and held up the pendant for her to see. It had been fashioned as an egg timer in a frame. As he held it, he twisted one end of the timer against the other, three times. Then he returned the pendant to its box, replaced the box in the cupboard, and closed the cupboard door. As his hand brushed over the surface of the lock, Jillian heard the whoosh of the lock wards dropping into place again.

Still smiling at her questioning face, Severus gathered her into his arms again, threw another pinch of Floo powder into the fireplace, and stepped in. Before she could even wonder where next, Jillian found herself back in the sitting room of Severus' wilderness hideaway.

She opened her mouth to speak, but Severus closed it with a kiss.

"We have three hours, my love. The device I used in Minerva's study was a Time-Turner. Three hours is not long, but when altering time one must always be as frugal as possible, to minimise any possible complications. Now we need to get you a wedding dress."

"What?!"

"Well, we're getting married, aren't we? I have no intention of anything other than a truly honourable future with you by my side, as my wife. Professor and Mrs Snape."

"But you haven't even asked me," she stammered, torn between laughter and confusion. "Supposing I don't want to?"

"But you do want to, don't you?"

"Yes, of course, but...."

"Well, that's that then."

"Severus Snape, if you think I'm just going to pass up the opportunity to experience something I've waited for so long, you've got another thought coming." She smiled up at him. "Ask me, Severus."

He looked down into her eyes and his heart leapt with love for her. He got down on his knees in front of her and, taking her hands in his, he spoke gently.

"Jillian, I offer you my love, my life, and my whole being. I will honour you always and will care for you, provide for you and protect you to my dying breath. All I ask in return is your love. Jillian, will you please be my bride? My wife? Will you marry me?"

"Yes , yes and yes. Oh, Severus, I love you so much." She pulled him to his feet and kissed him.

"But what are we doing right now?"

"First we get some clothes on. Then we're going to Diagon Alley to get you the best wedding dress ever. Then we're going to the Ministry -- Registrar's office. Then back to my home -- our home now -- to await the arrival of Minerva, Diana, and Rigorus. And if we're lucky, we'll have time before they arrive for a bit of marital consummation."




Diagon Alley -- Madam Anuschka's Wizard Weddings -- a roomful of dresses, white, off-white, cream; lace, net, satin; long train, short train; wide skirt, Grecian style; off the shoulder, long sleeves, short sleeves....

Jillian looked around, becoming more and more dazed.

"Choose anything you want, my love."

"Which do you like, Severus?"

"You look wonderful whatever you wear, dear heart."

"You're not helping." She smiled at him. Turning to Madam Anuschka, she spoke quietly. The two women went into the dressing area, returning some twenty minutes later with a large carrier bag apparently stuffed with tissue paper. Severus reached for his wallet.

"No, Severus, the bridegroom does not pay for the wedding dress. It is taken care of."




Ministry of Magic -- Registrar's office -- Severus waited with the Registrar. The door opened, and a vision of beauty walked in. Severus drew in his breath. She looked...simply beautiful. Jillian had chosen an unadorned, demure dress in pure white, the soft folds of spun silk shimmering gently as she walked towards him. Her hair was the way he liked it, shining and loose, natural. The smile on her face was one of pure joy. He matched that smile with his own.

Words spoken, vows exchanged, who can describe the intensity of those moments in mere text? Suffice it to say that for Severus, almost bursting with pride as Jillian took him to be her "lawful, wedded husband", it was the happiest day of his life.

Dizzy with happiness and love, the couple left the Ministry and Apparated back to the place that had been their home together for the past weeks.

Return to the house returned them also to the problem of the imminent arrival of Minerva, Diana, and Rigorus. Severus told Jillian about the three faces at the window, noting her blush with embarrassment as he did so.

"No need to blush, my dear. We are married."

"But we weren't then, were we?"

"No, but we will be by the time it happens."

"Do you mean we haven't actually made love yet?"

"In one sense, no. That is still to come."

As he said this, Severus glowed with inner pleasure at the thought that he would get to experience a second time the intense pleasure of making love to Jillian for the first time. This Time-Turning could become addictive, he thought. No wonder usage is strictly controlled.

"Okay, back to stage one. Severus, we did not Apparate directly to Minerva's office. I take it that's because of the impossibility of Apparating into or out of Hogwarts. But why did we go via Malfoy Manor?"

"We had to Apparate somewhere to get away from our onlookers, and it had to be somewhere I knew we could get Floo powder. As for why Malfoy Manor rather any other possible location -- I simply wanted to...er...annoy Malfoy. A small downpayment on what he will receive from me for the dishonour he has shown to my wife."

"And Minerva's cabinet? The Time-Turner was locked inside. How did you know she had it? How could you break her wards?"

"Minerva is one of the few licensed users of Time-Turners, licensed by the Ministry for use when school needs arise. As for the ward breaking.... Well, my dear, you may remember that I was once Headmaster of Hogwarts. And every Headmaster is known to Hogwarts, in the very fabric of its stone walls and throughout every part of the school. Each Headmaster becomes, in an indefinable way, a part of the physical entity of Hogwarts, and the school thereby responds. No part of the school is closed to a Headmaster."

"And happy as I am to be your wife, Severus, why so immediately? Why did you turn back time to do it?"

"I do not know why Diana arrived, accompanied by Minerva. But I do not trust her. And our...er...situation at the time was somewhat delicate. When we open the door to her next time, I want it to be as man and wife. That way, Diana will have to accept that it is you, and only you, in my life. Whatever else is about to happen with Minerva, that much will be plain."

As he spoke, he led Jillian through to the bedroom. Taking her in his arms, he whispered into her hair.

"I love you, Jillian, and I always shall. You have made life worth living again."

Lifting her gently, he laid her on the bed and sat beside her, holding her hands in his. Almost on cue, something snagged at the periphery of his vision. He looked up at the window to see Minerva, Diana, and Rigorus Mundrukor looking in at them.

Severus smiled broadly. Standing up, he motioned the visitors to the front of the house. Opening the door, with Jillian standing by his side, he welcomed them in.

"Ah, Minerva, I am honoured to welcome you to my home. Diana. Good day to you. Mundrukor, whatever your business here, you are welcome. Pray come in. Allow me to present to you my wife, Jillian Snape."

Severus looked only at Rigorus as he said this, but out of the corner of his eye he saw Diana's look of disbelief, then anger. Good...bitch!

Minerva, bless her, always the statesman, smiled at Jillian and said, "Congratulations to you both, my dear." Turning to Severus, her face took on a more serious cast, but her tone was neutral.

"Severus, you no doubt wonder what I am doing here uninvited. I come to you with the hand of friendship."

Severus noticed that at this, Diana threw a look of panic at Minerva. What was going on?

"I was approached by Diana Felix, who offered to reveal to me the whereabouts of a certain "wanted" person, one Professor Snape, whom she claimed had dishonoured her. She wanted me to trick you into marrying her, claiming that under tribal law, marriage to you was her right in such circumstances. Why me? Because of the Tribe. Oh yes, I know all about them -- and her. My position as an Animagus is well known. I am openly registered as such with the Ministry. Diana learned of this and that my chosen form is that of a cat. She erroneously believed that this meant I had some affinity with the Tribe and would support her in her nefarious scheme. I ...er...failed to put her right about that at the time. I am doing so now."

Diana was shaking with impotent fury. Mundrukor simply looked from one face to another, not quite following what was happening.

He managed to find his voice. "Professor McGonagall, you asked me to accompany you here today to act as an independent Ministry witness to whatever may transpire between the Wizarding World and a member of the Tribe. What is it exactly that you require me to witness?"



Hope for Snape by ARWoW [Reviews - 0]

<< >>

Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Copyright © 2003-2007 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved