Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
SS/OC

Game Over by er121876 [Reviews - 1]

<< >>

Would you like to submit a review?


“Draco, by any chance?”

“I can’t believe him,” Emma muttered, throwing the magazine aside and putting her head in her hands. “I can’t believe it didn’t even occur to him that I might not want everyone knowing I’m engaged to the Headmaster. What a dick.”

“Millie wants to know if Snape’s let you go to Hogsmeade, and if she can come.” Daphne looked up at her. Emma stared.

“Do you not even care?” she asked.

Daphne shrugged.

“Well, yeah, obviously, but come on, Em, there are bigger things to worry about.” She flapped the catalogue at her, eyeing her critically. “You really think you can afford these?”

“They’re Narcissa’s,” Emma snapped.

Daphne scowled.

“No need to bite my head off.”

“Emma?” Emma jumped at the newcomer’s voice, and turned to see Millicent standing in the doorway, looking in at the magazines with an air of exasperation. “Snape wants to see you in his office.” She said it tonelessly, as though she were tired of hearing those words. Emma, for one, agreed with her. She sighed and stood, brushing herself down and glancing back at Daphne.

“Sorry, Daff. But, you know… when you’re marrying someone because You-Know-Who told you to, see how long it takes you to get pissy with people.”

She pushed past Millicent, who yelled something after her, and left quickly so that she wouldn’t have to hear Daphne’s retort. Had she known that Daphne’s eyes had filled with tears at the thought of the Marriage Law, in her anger, she still might not have cared.

*


In the past, if Emma had wandered into Snape’s classroom or his office in a bad mood, that mood would have vanished instantly at the sight of him. But now that they were to be married – sooner rather than later, she expected, considering his stance on extravagant wedding plans – she could only offer him a disgruntled ‘hello’ when he opened the door and beckoned her inside. To her surprise, he snatched a travelling cloak off of its hanger, downed a drink on his desk in one, and nodded that she go back outside.

“Are we going somewhere?” she asked, after a moment’s hesitation. He scowled.

“London,” he said, as though the word tasted foul in his mouth. “Narcissa suspects you have not had ample opportunity to look for wedding dresses in Hogsmeade.” Emma started.

“Wedding dresses – we’re going to look now? It’s nearly eight –”

“So?”

“Well, won’t the shops all be closed?”

“We’re not going to Muggle London, Miss Russon – Emma. Wizarding shops stay open as long as you like, and I suggest you start researching such obvious facts as that one, if you hope to remain alive during the course of our marriage.” As he walked briskly past her down the corridor, she could have sworn she heard him say, “If he doesn’t end up killing her, I very easily could.”

Game Over by er121876 [Reviews - 1]

<< >>

Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Copyright © 2003-2007 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved