Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
SS/OC

A Spy's Fate by debjunk [Reviews - 1]

<< >>

Would you like to submit a review?

Chapter 28: Sweet Revenge

Bree was slowly waking up. She felt stiff and didn’t know why. She tried to move her hands, but they wouldn’t move. She kept her eyes closed and tried to assess her situation. She thought back to the beginning of this nightmare. Her doorbell had rung. It had been Brian. At least she had thought it had been him. It had been that stupid Jack Davis, Polyjuiced to look like Brian. She had readily let him in, thinking he had news on Davis.

He had attacked her when her back was turned. She had struggled and managed to Accio a vase to her, which she smashed over his head. He had stumbled back but had sent a stupefy curse at her, and she had been knocked unconscious. She had fallen on one of the shards of glass, tearing a gash in her shoulder. Stupid shoulder, it flared with pain as she thought about it.

She remembered nothing more until she had awakened in this room. She had been petrified, lying on the floor for what seemed like hours. Then finally Davis had returned. He had tied her up to a chair and left again.

She felt around her. She was still in that chair. She could feel her hands tied behind her back with her legs strapped to the legs of the chair. She deftly tried to twist the bands off her hands, but that aroused attention she had not planned.

She felt a hand slap her in the face, and she opened her eyes as her head recoiled to the side. Davis was standing over her, sneering at her. Her heart filled with fear, but she showed none of it to the maniac in front of her. Calmness was what would get her out of this alive.

“So, you’re finally awake!” Davis growled. “I have been waiting for this moment for five years now!”

“What do you want with me, Davis?”

“Why, I want revenge,” he said calmly. “Sweet revenge.”

He put his face right up to hers.

“I spent five awful years in that hole. I want you to know what it was like. I sat tied to a chair sometimes, like you are now, when they felt I needed to be punished more than the daily Cruciatus curse. Yes, that’s right, daily curse. I intend to show you how that felt too in a moment. But for now, think of how I felt, all alone in a cell, no one to talk to, unable to move at times because I was bound to a chair.”

He gave her an evil look and continued. “Now think of what it was like for me to receive the Cruciatus daily. How much pain can one man handle, I ask you. Maybe we should try it out on you and see how great you feel after it! Crucio!” he screamed and cast the curse.

Bree’s body was wracked with pain as she threw her head back and screamed. He held the curse for what seemed like hours but could have been no more than a minute. Finally he let her go. She slumped against the chair whimpering.

“Yes, I see you can now sympathize with my plight, Miss Corwin. Tomorrow we shall start the beatings.”

He turned and left the room, leaving Brianna to cry in pain until she fell back into a fitful sleep.

oooOOOooo


Severus entered his hotel room and flopped on the bed. He put his hands behind his head and stared at the ceiling. He was exhausted, and he felt helpless. He would have scoured the city himself had he any inkling as to where to start.

Was she still alive, or was she lying dead somewhere, all alone? He grimaced. They had to find her alive. He didn’t know if he could go on with a different outcome. He lay there, rehashing everything they had done that day, looking for anything that they might have missed. There was nothing. Pat had been very thorough.

Severus reached into his pocket and withdrew a vial and a small disk. He enlarged the disk to reveal a Pensieve. He unstopped the vial and poured Brianna’s memories into the Pensieve. He quickly fell into them. The memories she had put in the vial were much the same as he remembered them, but they were from her point of view. He watched as they conversed on the park bench after she had admitted that she and Lupin had broken up. He felt her amazement that he had been attracted to her and felt how much love she had for him when they had kissed.

The memory dissipated and turned into a night shared in the study at Grimmauld Place. Again, Severus was struck by the intensity of her feelings for him. She truly loved him, even when she was unable to be truthful to him.

Finally the last memory appeared. It was the two of them in the Horse drawn carriage. She snuggled up to Severus as he kissed her. She couldn’t believe that this man actually loved her. His heart constricted as he watched himself with his love. He loved her more than anything. He could never survive if she didn’t come out of this safely. He emerged from the Pensieve, filled with her love, but also filled with trepidation.

Severus remembered he hadn’t eaten in over twelve hours. He arose and went out to get something to eat. He would need to be fully refreshed for the search tomorrow. He just hoped he would be able to sleep tonight.

oooOOOooo


Brianna regained consciousness in the middle of the night. She raised her head and stared around in the blackness. She couldn’t see anything. The darkness was so thick she could almost feel it pressing against her. She struggled to get her wrists free, but the only result was that her wrists began to hurt from the chafing of the rope. These were magical binds, she knew they were impossible to break through, but she had to try. She continued for a while before she sunk down in defeat.

Mulling over her situation, she knew she was in serious trouble. No one knew her whereabouts, and she was incapacitated, unable to fight against her captor. She needed to get some real information out of him. It could prove useful if she could overpower the creep. She closed her eyes and tried to get some sleep so she could conserve her energy.

A few hours later she was awakened by a fist making contact with her cheek.

“Mmmph,” she cried as her cheek stung from the blow.

“Good Morning, Miss Corwin. I hope your rest was satisfactory,” Davis grinned evilly at her.

She eyed him with a look of hatred. He smiled back at her again.

“I thought you might like a bite to eat,” he scowled, throwing a chunk of moldy bread at her.

She looked down at the bread, which had fallen onto her lap, and then back up to Davis.

“Are you going to untie me so I can eat that?” she snorted.

Jack Davis looked shocked. He thought she would shy away from the molded food, but she was going to eat it. He sneered at her. Grasping the bread once again, he held it to her mouth. Forcing down her revulsion, she took a bite. Glaring at him, she chewed and swallowed it. It would do no good to lose strength because she refused to eat moldy food. Within a few minutes, the entire chunk of bread had been finished.

Davis sneered at her again. “So, the princess has eaten her breakfast, now it’s time for some fun.”

“I need to use the bathroom,” Bree said sharply. She did not want the man to think she was intimidated by him in any way, so she put up a strong front.

“Just go there!” he demanded.

“I will not soil myself. Release me, and take me to the bathroom now!” she ordered.

Davis was outraged. He slapped her across the face and then pointed his wand against her chest.

“You will never speak to me like that again, is that understood?” he screamed.

Bree filed his rage away for future use and gave him a quick nod.

“I will release you, but my wand will be trained on you. If you so much as sneeze, I’ll kill you.”

She only stared at him, saying nothing. With a tap of his wands, the ropes fell away. Davis kept his wand aimed right at her chest as she pulled her arms in front of her and flexed them.

“Hurry up! This isn’t time to stretch; it’s time to use the facilities. Now stand up and turn around.”

She did as he said. Seeing a door along the wall she headed for it, assuming that was where the bathroom was. Bree walked as quickly as her stiff muscles would let her. She could feel Davis trailing closely behind her and knew his wand was pointed at her back. She entered the lavatory and was going to close the door. Davis’ hand slammed into it sending a jolt through Bree’s body.

“Leave it open,” he sneered.

She grimaced at him. “I am a woman and need some privacy.”

“You are a prisoner and have no privacy! Leave it open!”

“May I shut it part way?”

Davis hadn’t expected a compromise. He thought it over. “All right, but no funny business.”

She closed the door part way so her body was shielded from Davis and relieved herself. She wondered if she walked out quickly whether he would be taken unawares. It would be an opportunity to attack him if he was. She stood and did her jeans up. She flushed and immediately strode out into the room and past Davis. He seemed a bit taken aback at her quick exit. She could use that next time he let her go to the bathroom.

“Stop right there!” he demanded. “We might as well make this fun and give you your daily Cruciatus curse while you’re up. I so much enjoy seeing you writhe. Crucio!

Bree fell to the ground in agony. Again it was held for a minute. She screamed until her voice was hoarse. It felt like every muscle in her body was on fire. As he lifted the spell, she curled into a ball and moaned. She felt his harsh hand take her arm and pick her up. She was unable to bear her weight and slumped back to the ground. Both of his hands grabbed her and lifted her. Dragging her back to the chair he deposited her into it unceremoniously and within an instant had cried "Incarcerous." She was bound again, this time somewhat tighter. She couldn’t even move her hands now. Not that she would have been able to after the curse he had put on her anyway.

Bree managed to lift her head and look at Davis. “Where are we?” she asked.

He grinned. “Somewhere no one will think to look for you.”

Bree took in her surroundings again. The room she was in was rectangular. As she looked up, she noticed that the walls came closer together as they rose to a low ceiling. She really didn’t have any idea where they were.

“What is this place?” she asked again.

“I guess it wouldn’t hurt to tell you. We are at the old abandoned parachute ride in Coney Island.”

A picture came to Bree’s mind of an incredibly tall structure that somewhat resembled a mushroom. It was made up entirely of metal bars that criss-crossed one another. It sort of brought to mind the Eiffel Tower when seeing it. The tower stood some 250 feet high and was topped with a flat piece, where, when the ride operated, riders dangled under parachutes before they were dropped and glided to the ground. The base had been walled off to avoid vandals. She assumed that that was where they were now.

“What are you going to do to me?” Bree croaked. Her voice had lost its usual vibrancy from the pain she was enduring.

“I already explained what I’m going to do to you. You’re going to see what its like to be in jail.”

“Davis, just let me go. I’ll vouch for you, you’ll get off lightly, but only if you let me go now.”

Davis threw his head back and laughed. “I will never let you go,” he cried as he came close to her and stuck his face right in front of hers. “You are my prisoner until you are dead. I will treat you as I was treated and slowly watch you die, like I died inside a little bit every day.”

She stared at him, not showing any emotion. He would not know how much his words frightened her to her core.

“Oh, it should take about a week, I figure. Then I’ll leave your broken body here, and maybe you’ll be found, but I doubt it. Get used to your grave, Miss Corwin.”

“They’ll find you,” she responded menacingly. “They’ll find you and take you away again, and you’ll never get out this time! You’ll die in your own self-made prison because revenge has consumed you. Why don’t you just come to your senses and let me go?”

He slapped her across the face and ordered her to shut up.

“Aren’t you the brave soul, hitting a defenseless woman? Does that make you feel macho?” she taunted.

His fist came down at her this time, and her head reeled back. She saw stars for a minute and shook her head to clear them. It had almost been worth it to drive that barb at him. She felt her eye swell. That was going to smart for a while.

Davis leered at her. “Should I give you a matching one on the other eye?” he shouted, hoping she would say something to make him mad.

Bree remained silent and just gazed at him. It was hard to see out of her left eye as it had swollen quickly and cut off her vision to a slit. She vowed then that she would pay this monster back as soon as she could.

He released her binds and pushed her to the ground. She was so weak that she just collapsed onto the floor. She felt his foot make contact with her side and stifled a groan. He kicked at her for a little while, but her lack of response seemed to bore him. Soon he was levitating her back into the seat and replacing the ropes. He noticed she had passed out, as her head lolled forward and her eyes were closed. He smirked as he turned and left the small room that was to be Brianna Corwin’s tomb.

oooOOOooo


Severus had arrived early and was waiting impatiently in front of Brian’s office for the other two men to arrive. Soon enough the three were gathered in his office while Brian received a report of the search that had gone on the night before. No one had come up with any new leads. Brian frowned and looked up at the two men standing in front of his desk.

“I guess the only thing to do now is to begin to search abandoned warehouses,” he told them.

Pat rolled his eyes. “That could take us ten years, there’s so many of them!”

Brian narrowed his eyes as he thought. “Let’s start in Brooklyn. He has ties there. Perhaps that’s where he went. I’ll send teams to each borough and we’ll go through every one if we have to.”

Both Severus and Pat nodded and departed from Brian’s office. On the elevator ride down to the main floor, Pat shook his head.

“What is it?” Severus asked.

“I feel like we’re wasting our time. I was serious when I said it could take ten years to search every abandoned warehouse in New York. There are thousands of them.”

“Do you think she’s even in a warehouse?” Severus asked.

“Could be, but there are so many other possibilities, like those abandoned tenements that we went to yesterday. There are thousands of those around the city too. I hope another lead surfaces soon, we’re running out of time.”

They descended the rest of the way in silence. Severus’ insides had turned themselves into knots. He had taken a sleeping draught the night before, so he felt awake and refreshed, but he was filled with worry for Brianna. He knew that every minute she was missing could mean further injury to her. He concentrated on positive alternatives. He couldn’t dwell on what horrid things could happen, he had to hope that she was all right and that they would find her.

Before he realized it, Pat had taken his arm, and they had Apparated to an old run-down building. They both entered it with wands drawn. It took a little while to search the building as it was made up of three floors, each with walled off parts. They had to cautiously sneak up to each walled partition assuming that someone was there. After quite a while, the entire building had been searched, revealing nothing but scurrying rats. They left the building and headed for another. It was going to be a very long day.

oooOOOooo


Bree cracked her eyes open, looking for Davis. It seemed he had left her alone again. She opened her eyes fully and looked around. She groaned in pain. Her midsection felt a lot mushier than it used to. She knew he had broken a couple of ribs and hoped her internal bleeding wasn’t too bad. Her entire body felt like it was one mass of pain. Even her legs hurt. He must have kicked her there too. She definitely wouldn’t last even a week if he continued these beatings. She needed to try and escape as soon as possible.

Bree calmed herself by using some meditation methods she had studied at the Ministry. She tried to remove the pain from her body and make it a much smaller part of her being. It worked somewhat. Bree was hoping to regain some of her strength so she could mount an attack on Davis. She sat in a trance-like state for a while until she heard a door slam. Her captor had returned. Another slap to the face and her eyes snapped open at him in hatred.

“Welcome back to consciousness, Miss Corwin,” he spat.

“I have to go to the bathroom,” she croaked.

He sneered at her. “Not so high and mighty now, are you? You can’t hide behind your witness stand glaring at me like I’m some sort of freak now, can you? It’s nice to see you taken down a peg.”

He backed off and released her bonds. She pretended that she couldn’t stand. He waited. He certainly wasn’t going to help her. Brianna tried again, but was unable to stand. Davis sneered at her and grasped her arm, lifting her off the bench. He mercilessly dragged her to the bathroom and threw her into it. She collapsed onto the floor, playing the wounded captive as best she could. She scrounged around on the floor for a minute and closed the door part way so she could relieve herself.

She would make her move in a minute, storming trough the door without warning. Hopefully she would be able to get his wand from him. She could send for help with it. Her strength had been diminished enough that she was unsure she could take him all by herself. She stood straight and braced herself to do what she needed to do. Storming through the door, she caught Davis by surprise and tackled him to the ground. In his amazement, he hesitated for the time she needed to pry his wand from his hand.

"Expecto Patronum," she cried as a lioness leapt from the wand and bounded away to the Ministry. She got ready to stun Davis.

He attacked her then, sending her crashing to the ground as his wand flew away from them. In her weakened state, she knew she couldn’t fight him off for long, her insides were screaming in pain. She hoped someone would come soon.

Davis’ hands were around her throat. He was trying to strangle her. She knocked them away and scrambled to get up, but he was on her again before she could. They rolled over and over throwing punches and kicks as they fought. Davis looked around and spotted his wand. He needed to get to it, she was winning. She would die today.

oooOOOooo


Severus and Pat had been searching another warehouse when the call came. Pat opened his cell phone, standard issue among American Aurors, and listened intently.

“We’re on our way,” he said into the phone.

He snapped it shut and looked over at Severus.

“They just got her Patronus. She’s at the Coney Island parachute ride. We were so close yesterday!”

Without another word, he grabbed Severus’ arm, twirled, and disappeared. They were the first to arrive. They withdrew their wands and raced to the door. Extending their wands, ready for anything, they burst through the door. The sight they saw scared them both to death.

Davis stood over an unconscious Brianna, his wand extended. He looked like a madman. Severus knew that he was about to kill her and was filled with rage. He ran toward the psychotic man without thinking.

Davis looked up and saw a furious man in black approaching him. It was the last thing he ever saw as Severus killed him where he stood, sending an "Avada Kedavra" at him. Without taking a second to watch the man’s body crumple to the ground, he raced to Brianna’s side. He scooped her up and cradled her in his arms. She was badly beaten, but she was alive.

The movement brought Bree back to consciousness, and she cracked her eyes open. She was filled with relief at the sight she saw. Her vision was fuzzy, but she could see Severus was holding her. Was this real? Perhaps it was a dream. Maybe she had died.

“I’m here,” he whispered, and she knew he was real.

She smiled weakly. “I knew you would come,” she muttered before she passed out again.


A/N: Next up: Bree recovers.

Thanks for reading and reviewing. Kudos to Lilith Kayden for her beta work.




A Spy's Fate by debjunk [Reviews - 1]

<< >>

Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Copyright © 2003-2007 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved