Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
SS/OC

Two Sides Against the Middle by Rose of the West [Reviews - 2]

<< >>

Would you like to submit a review?

Disclaimer: Except for my OC, the characters here and the world they inhabit are the creation and property of JK Rowling. This chapter is within the timeline of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Ludo Bagman's entire introduction of the teams (the potion in italics and quotation marks) is directly quoted from the book.

It was decided, due to Emily's pregnancy, to adjust the family plans for the Quidditch World Cup match. Margo and Hope would still go, but Severus and Emily's tickets were given away to friends. When Emily arrived home after a short shift and visit with the midwife, Severus was listening to the pregame on the wireless.

“Neither of us really have a favorite in this game, so do you want Ireland or Bulgaria?” asked Emily.

“That's likely to be quite lopsided. Ireland has better chasers, but Bulgaria has Krum at Seeker.”

“Turn about, then?”

“Are you sure this is safe, with the baby and all?”

“The midwife, and a Healer, looked me over completely. The chances of what happened with Marcus happening again are very small, so they say to carry on with whatever feels right. I intend to find out if you feel right.”

“You don't remember from last night?”

“I'll need a reminder.” Emily looked up at her husband through her lashes.

“Well, you'll have to wait. Do you want to be first or second?”

“How about you, if Ireland scores first and I will if Bulgaria does and then we'll trade?”

Good afternoon, witches and wizards, and thank you for listening to the WWN coverage of the Quidditch World Cup Final. I'm Chester Lipkin, along with Jeff Holling, and we will be your announcers for today's match. The weather here at the stadium is perfect for Quidditch, wouldn't you say, Jeff?

Yes, Chet, and the players are all in fine form, as we saw during the morning practices. We're waiting for the spectators to finish finding their seats and the players will soon take the field.

Say, Jeff, the procession of team mascots is beginning. Bulgaria's mascots are Veela. As they take the field to dance, we will switch over to their music... and that was the Veela of Bulgaria. Quite the show, hey, Jeff? Jeff? Er, could someone give him a slap? The Irish mascots are coming.

Sorry, Chet, here come the leprechauns of Ireland! They are putting on quite a show, in the formation of a rainbow...and now a shamrock... and look, leprechaun gold is being showered into the stands! Chet, I'm not sure which team the crowd is cheering for, now.

Just amazing, Jeff. We're going to switch over and listen to the stadium announcer, who needs no introduction of his own, Ludo Bagman, as he introduces the teams.

“And now, ladies and gentlemen, kindly welcome—the Bulgarian National Quidditch Team! I give you—Dimitrov! Ivanova! Zograf! Levski! Vulchanov! Volkov! Aaaaaaand—Krum!

“And now, please greet—the Irish National Quidditch Team! Presenting—Connolly! Ryan! Troy! Mullet! Moran! Quigley! Aaaaaaand—Lynch!

“And here, all the way from Egypt, our referee, acclaimed Chairwizard of the International Association of Quidditch, Hassan Mostafa!”

That was Ludo Bagman, formerly of the Wimborne Wasps and now of the Ministry of Magic, introducing the teams. They're taking the field, Chet. Listen to the crowd!

There's Mostafa, he's released the balls and the game is on, Jeff!


Severus and Emily made themselves comfortable on the couch, merging their lips and listening to the game.

Yes, and right off the Irish are strong. It's Mullet, now Troy, now Moran, and Dimitrov gets the Quaffle but loses it back to Mullet who passes to Troy. Levski sneaks in but quickly loses to Moran.

The Irish are in the Hawkshead Attacking Formation, with Troy in the center. Now he's using the Porskoff Ploy and draws Ivanova above the action as he drops the Quaffle to Moran. Moran's in trouble as Volkov sends a Bludger her way, losing the Quaffle to Levski but Troy retrieves it and TROY SCORES!

Look at the crowd going wild, Jeff as the leprechauns celebrate!


Severus only had eyes for his wife, as he removed her Healer robe and started caressing her through the blouse underneath.

The Quaffle is back in action, the Irish Chasers sending the ball between themselves in a blur and Ireland scores again!

Emily removed Severus's robe and started touching his chest through his shirt.

The game is getting dirtier, Chet. Volkov and Vulchanov are keeping the Bludgers aimed at the Irish Chasers and under the pressure...Ivanova has the Quaffle and IVANOVA SCORES!

Severus unbuttoned Emily's blouse and removed it, kissing her throat and the skin now exposed above her bra.

Hold on, Jeff! Krum and Lynch are diving, diving, and Krum is pulling up but Lynch loses control and hits the ground. Jeff, we've just seen the Wronski Feint, offered up by the master, Viktor Krum! The mediwizards are attending to Lynch and Krum circles the field with an unobstructed view of wherever the Snitch might be. When was the last time we saw that maneuver used quite so effectively, Jeff?

I believe it was several years ago during a quarter-final between Argentina and the Congo, Chet. The Congo Seeker never took the field again. And play resumes as Lynch appears to be recovering. Here come the Irish and they score again.


Emily removed her husband's shirt and her fingers rubbed and caressed his chest, her lips following closely behind her hands.

As the Irish scored again and again, Severus removed Emily's skirt and Emily removed Severus's pants and then their underclothes were removed and still the game went on. As the score rose higher, Severus caressed his wife in more places and Emily touched and aroused her husband until they were both begging for the seekers to get a move on.

And a foul is called on Zograf for cobbing...did you see how he used his elbows, Chet? So it's a penalty to Ireland.

The Veela are not happy, Jeff. They've started their dance again, and Mostafa has been entranced by them...here comes a mediwizard to straighten him out and now Mostafa has ordered the Veela off of the field. Volkov and Vulcanov are coming to argue and another foul is called...That makes two penalties to Ireland!


The fouls allowed them to sit back up and take a deep breath.

It seems like the Irish are scoring at will, now, Chet. They're up 170-10 with no end in sight.

Emily was whimpering and Severus groaning with passion as the game continued and they teased each other into a frenzy, using fingers and lips in the most intimate of ways.

Wait a minute, Jeff. Lynch is diving, now. He can't be trying a Wronski Feint himself, so it must really be the Snitch and there it is! Krum is on his tail and they're racing, racing....Oooo, Lynch crashes again and the Golden Snitch is missing, but wait, no, Krum has the Snitch! What astonishing flying by Viktor Krum! The game is over and Bulgaria takes the Snitch but Ireland wins: 170 to 160.

It's been an amazing game, sports fans! Chet, let's recall some of the more memorable plays...


The post-game show continued but Emily didn't hear it. She was only conscious of a rushing sound in her head and her husband's murmured endearments as their bodies joined together on the couch. They were so aroused that they had to start slowly but then moved with greater fervor as the culmination of the game they both won burst upon them.

A while later they lay on the couch, sandwiched between their robes as the wireless show switched over to music. Emily yawned and wondered idly whether the athletes realized the pleasure they brought to the fans. Severus watched her fall asleep and thought that he had never enjoyed a game more.

Author's Notes: This chapter was inspired by a story over on FFN called "Scorpius Malfoy Learns Quidditch," in which several older boys at Hogwarts discuss the game the same way boys in America might discuss baseball. What Severus and Emily did is not really what the boys describe. Of course, I can personally vouch for the fact that married couples don't view "baseball" in quite the same way as high school boys, either. ;)

Many thanks to beta reader Trickie Woo, and to those of you who are still with me, here.

Two Sides Against the Middle by Rose of the West [Reviews - 2]

<< >>

Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Copyright © 2003-2007 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved