Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
SS/OC

Two Sides Against the Middle by Rose of the West [Reviews - 3]

<< >>

Would you like to submit a review?


She came home one night the first week to find that her husband was on the couch, moaning. “Severus! What happened? Why didn't you come to the hospital?”

He looked up at her. “It's done. I'm a spy for him.”

“Why did he hurt you?”

“For holding out so long, and not being a full Death Eater. Turned me over to the group I used to meet with at school.” He winced. “I need the cures we worked out.”

“He turned you over to people who used your own curses on you? He does that to people he likes?” Emily looked at her husband and her professionalism took over. “Never mind.”

Hope was placed in a wind-up swing before Emily went to the kitchen to gather materials she would need. The charms they had developed helped greatly. Finally, he showed her his left arm, on which had been placed a horrible mark, which was neither brand, nor tattoo, nor cut; but somehow all three, as well as something worse.

“This essence of murtlap should help, but I don't know of any way to actually remove it,” said Emily.

“No! I can't remove it. It's how he contacts them... us. It feels better, though. Everything feels better, Emily. Thank you.”

“I've heard of the Mark. Has he somehow made you a Death Eater after all?”

“No. This is an abbreviated Mark, but it will burn whenever he wants me just like theirs do.”

“How did it go?”

“He used Legilimency again to get the prophecy. He didn't see anything about our conversation with Dumbledore except the job offer. The Dark Lord wants me to take that job.”

“Is that good?” Emily poured out a measure of the potion that would help the headache her husband no doubt had.

“I think so.” He took the potion and looked at his wife. “Emily, would you hold me like you did the other time?”

The baby was asleep. Emily helped Severus off the couch and walked him into the bedroom and onto the bed. Emily drew him to her and put her arms around him, stroking and rubbing his head and shoulders until he fell asleep.

Severus awoke some hours later as Emily slid between the sheets next to him, having done the various tasks that required attention in their home every evening.

“You and Hope will be safe, now.” He spoke in a whisper so that the headache would not come back, but loudly enough to startle his wife.

Emily brushed her fingers through his hair. “We've traded your safety.”

“I'll be at least as safe as I have been; I don't think I was ever safe to begin with. There might be other children as well.”

“Do you want more children?”

“I never thought I wanted any,” he responded, “but Hope makes me want more. Maybe in a year or two. I love our little girl and I love you when you're pregnant, not to mention I love making you pregnant. I love you, Emily.”

Emily leaned down and kissed him. “I love you, too, Severus.” He captured her lips and put an arm around her, caressing her with the other hand.

Emily pulled her lips away long enough to whisper, “Severus, your headache.”

He leaned back long enough to pull her nightgown off. “I want you, Emily, please...”

“I can't say no to you, not when you're touching me...” The rest of what she was saying was lost in a loud gasp as his hands did something particularly rousing. She returned the favor and for a while all conversation was lost as they gave themselves to each other.




“Dunderheads! Complete Dunderheads!” Professor Snape stormed into his apartment sitting room and found his wife sitting on the floor in front of a box.

Emily smiled up from the books she was sorting. “You were expecting already accomplished Potions Masters and Mistresses?”

He sat down. Emily had somehow managed to place this chair in exactly the right place near the fire. He allowed himself to relax a moment. “No, I guess I wasn't. I just didn't expect them to be so prone to exploding their cauldrons nor poisoning me with their noxious fumes.”

“What level was it, today?”

“Third years this morning, second years this afternoon.”

“Have you had the O.W.L.s. class, yet?”

“No.”

“Well, perhaps you will find the fourth and fifth years easier to manage.”

“Perhaps.” He sat and relaxed some more, considering that it really wasn't so bad, and noticed his wife's occupation. “Get off the floor, Emily. You will get a chill.” He got out of the chair long enough to reach down and lift her onto his lap.

“Why, Professor! This is so sudden!” Emily's voice sounded strangely breathless. Perhaps it was not so strange given the feelings that moved between them at being clasped together so closely. She fit her head under his chin. “I won't get a chill this way.”

“This may have been a mistake. Where's the baby?” Severus was sounding a bit choked himself.

“Madam Pomfrey begged me to let her take Hope for the afternoon.”

“So we're alone?”

“Until your office hours.”

“I can cancel them if need be. It's just the first week.”

Two Sides Against the Middle by Rose of the West [Reviews - 3]

<< >>

Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Copyright © 2003-2007 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved