Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
SS/OC

Two Sides Against the Middle by Rose of the West [Reviews - 3]

<< >>

Would you like to submit a review?


“Em, Love! We thought we'd have a quiet celebration to commemorate James's marriage tomorrow to the lovely Lily Evans and wondered if we could have it here.” Sirius was holding a box that made suspicious clanking noises and he appeared to have started the celebration already.

“Um...” Emily stood in her entryway. Her eyes were wide and her stance was not exactly welcoming.

“Wonderful! Didn't I tell you guys that she'd go along? Emily, that roast chicken smells delicious! Come on in, come on in.”

Emily stood back and let them into her home and then set the table and spread the dinner she had planned for Severus. She hastily put her books away, judging that she and Severus would not be able to study tonight. Then she stood in an unobtrusive corner and watched Sirius host a party in her apartment. It was a study in the characters of the Marauders in general.

James ate and drank heartily, speaking about Lily and his plans for his life with her the whole while. Remus tried to look interested and ate a great deal but appeared quite tired despite drinking the least alcohol. It had just been the full moon, and perhaps he was feeling worn out from that. Peter ate and drank what was put in front of him but otherwise soaked in what the others were doing. He seemed to live more vicariously than for himself. The host of the party kept the glasses filled, made the most lewd comments, and ate the least dinner. At one point when he judged the party to be in full swing, he trapped Emily against the kitchen sink.

“So, Em, I've been telling them what a great figure you have and I was hoping you could provide some entertainment.” He held up some sort of Muggle costume and looked at her longingly.

“Sirius, I couldn't! There's hardly anything to that.”

“Come on, Em. James will hardly look at you and the other two don't matter. You will really be doing it for me and then maybe we can celebrate James and Lily's wedding...”

“Is that why you're here, Sirius? You're hoping to shame me with that...garment, and then bed me? I thought you respected me more than that.”

Sirius realized he had made a mistake somewhere but didn't know how to recover from it. “What's the matter, Em? I thought you liked me.”

“I'm starting to rethink that, Sirius.”

Emily shoved her hip into his and managed to break free and moved toward the living room, with Sirius following her and the others following him.

A knock on the door saved her. “I don't care if it's He-who-must-not-be-named, himself, I'm kissing whoever it is on the lips for rescuing me from you,” she called out.

This time it was Severus. She hollered, “Goodbye, boys!” snatched her cloak from her coat tree and joined him outside, pulling the door shut behind her. “You've saved me, and for that--” She reached up and made good on her promise. It was possibly a mistake, as their lips touching set their hearts pounding and caused them to forget everything around them.

Severus remembered himself first and pushed her away from him. “What was that about?”

“Stag party. Severus, let's find a quiet Italian bistro and eat an enormous plate of pasta and drink a large bottle of wine.”

“I haven't any Muggle money.”

“I have plenty for what I have in mind. One learns to be prepared when one dates Sirius Black. There's a place near here that seems pretty dark and they won't mind our clothes or who our sympathies run with.”

They ate and Severus scowled as she told him about the impromptu gathering at her home. The scowl deepened when she described what Sirius asked her to do. “You have to break up with him, now. Can't you see that he has no respect for you?”

“I would break up with him, if I could stand to go back to my apartment.”

They finished the pasta and the wine and went for a walk around the neighborhood. Eventually they found a park and sat on a bench. Severus hadn't asked whose bachelor party it was and Emily was hoping she had plied him with enough wine to get through the next bit of the conversation.

“Severus, you didn't ask. It's James Potter's bachelor party.”

He asked quietly, “When...when is the wedding?”

“Tomorrow.”

A wail was heard throughout the neighborhood that set dogs barking as Severus tried to process the information. Emily held his hand, pressing it tightly and looking at him as kindly as she could.

He half stood up. “I have to go. There's something I must do.”

Emily was still holding his hand and squeezed it yet tighter. “Severus, if I have to put you under the Imperius Curse you are not leaving my side tonight. I won't let you join the Death Eaters in a fit of passionate rage.”

“I love her so much.”

“I know, but don't sell your soul because you are grieving now.”

“I have to do something.”

“Let me comfort you, Severus.” She held out her hands and he allowed himself to be pulled into her arms, to feel the comfort she exuded to him, to feel how soft she was, and finally to feel the current that traveled between them.

He raised his face and looked into her eyes. “Emily, what are you doing to me?”

“I'm just trying to comfort you, Severus. No potions, no spells, not that much wine. I don't want to cloud your judgment. I promise that I will impair you if you try to leave my side, but other than that you may do what you like.”

What he would like to do, with the feelings running through him at the touch of her body, was kiss her as she had kissed him at her door. He traced her lower lip with his thumb and saw something in her eyes he thought he would never see directed at him. He kissed her, feeling the most exquisite sensations of his life running through her lips and all through himself.

“Emily,” he whispered, “is this what it's supposed to be like?”

“I couldn't say,” she answered. “I've never experienced anything like this.”

“Maybe we should stop.”

Her eyes begged him not to stop. He lowered his lips to hers again. The exquisite feelings continued and he found a new sensation was taking hold of him.

Emily was melting. She didn't know any more where she stopped and Severus began. She did know that what Sirius did with her didn't deserve to be called kissing. “Severus,” she whispered.

“What is it?” he asked.

“Just... you... Severus. Just you.”

He stopped kissing her then. He needed to think. “You would hold me to the agreement you suggested, wouldn't you?”

“You are the one who said my virginity was worth even more than that.”

“Yes, I did. Emily, are you hoping to seduce me?”

“The offer and the way you make me feel are two separate issues, even if they intersect. I want this, Severus, but I won't coerce you with anything but what we feel.”

“I don't have feelings for you Emily. You know whom I love.” He looked carefully at her.

“You may not love me, Severus, but you do have feelings for me.” She pressed herself into him. “I know you feel this. I know you want this.”

In answer he kissed her again. It was a mistake, he told himself. She was trembling now even as she was burning him.

He released her and stood up. She looked up at him, startled. “Emily, whatever else I may or may not do with you, I'm not going to tumble you on this park bench. Let's go to your apartment and see what the gentlemen there have done.” He lifted her to her feet and steadied her. “You're trembling. What have I done to you?” He put his arm around her and guided her back to her street.

Her flat was dark when they crossed the threshold so Emily drew her wand. “Lumos!” Remus had curled up on the sofa. James and Sirius had passed out, arms around each other, leaning against the same sofa, and Peter was in a corner, somewhere between unconsciousness and awareness, humming to himself. Emily and Severus passed into the other rooms to find that the dinner had been cleared away and the kitchen was clean.

“It must have been Remus.”

They walked back into the sitting room. Severus stopped to look at James and Sirius. “Why him and not me?” he asked.

“Come,” said Emily, tugging him toward her bedroom.

“Emily,” he responded as he followed her, “I can't promise you...” She kissed him and pulled him through the door. Emily stopped kissing him long enough to take her wand and charm the door to prevent unwanted visitors.

“The only promise required of you tonight is that you never join the Death Eaters.” She removed her robe to show her trim blouse and skirt.

“Is that what you look like under your robes?” asked Severus. “Black has a pretty accurate imagination.”

She kissed him again and he was lost in the sensations he had felt on the park bench. He hardly noticed his own robe falling to his feet, nor her fingers working the buttons on his shirt. Were those his hands tugging at her blouse? And touching her, as he had only dreamed of doing since a far away November night at Hogwarts? Their clothing fell to the floor as they made their way to the bed. He was conscious of not wanting to hurt her, so he tried to be gentle, caressing her and kissing her for as long as they could stand it, until they both gave in to the rush of emotion that was driving them.

Two Sides Against the Middle by Rose of the West [Reviews - 3]

<< >>

Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Copyright © 2003-2007 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved