Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
SS/OC

A Spy's Fate by debjunk [Reviews - 4]

>>

Would you like to submit a review?


Her name was Brianna Corwin, but her friends called her Bree. Although she had trained as an Auror and worked for the Ministry, few people knew her. She had spent most of her career working in the United States as a British liaison and expert on the British Ministry of Magic. Bree really enjoyed her job. It always kept her busy and was very interesting. For the past few years, along with her usual security jobs, she had served as an educator about Voldemort to the Americans. She had only returned to Britain a few days ago, having been summoned by an old friend who needed her help.

She was heading for a meeting with that old friend right now. Approaching the appointed meeting place, Brianna found him waiting there for her. The older man saw her coming closer and nodded his head in greeting.

“Bree, how nice to see you again after all of these years!” he exclaimed.

“I came as soon as I could,” she told him. “How are you? Your Floo was urgent. Is everything alright?”

The man laughed. “I am fine Bree. I have some exciting news that I want to share with you. You can be a great help to our cause. I thank you for coming so quickly and being willing to help me,” he told her.

“I’m not quite sure what I can do for you,” she said, curiosity coloring her voice.

“I believe you can help me win this war, Bree.”

Bree raised her eyebrows at that. “What is it you want me to do?”

“I need you to first, infiltrate the Order of the Phoenix. You must find out as much as you can of the workings of that organization,” the man explained.

Bree’s eyebrows now knit together. “But, why would you need me to do that?”

The man handed her a fat envelope. “It is necessary for the plan to work. The second part of your mission is explained in there. It will explain exactly what you need to learn from the Order and what you are to do with that information. Commit it to memory and destroy the file.”

“I still don’t understand,” Bree said with concern.

“You will when you read the file.”

“Sir, I am an Auror. I’m not sure I’m comfortable with infiltrating the Order.”

“Bree, your anonymity is vital in this mission. Only you can credibly infiltrate the Order without suspicion. Anyone else I could send would be recognized immediately. It is of utmost importance that no one in the Order knows what your motives are.”

The man gave her a stern look. “We have been friends for as long as you have been alive, Bree. I am asking you to do this because you are a close friend and almost a family member to me. I would not exactly say that you owe me, Bree, but I would appreciate your help. I would trust this mission to no one else. Can you leave your scruples behind you and penetrate the Order to accomplish this mission?”

She nodded at him.

“I think your best way to infiltrate the Order is to become friends with one of them, and then they will bring you into the fold when you express an interest to join.”

“And of course, you know just the person I should befriend?” she asked knowingly.

The man handed her a folder. She opened it and saw a photo of a man in his thirties. He was kind looking with brown hair that was beginning to gray. His face had some early age lines and a few scars. His clothing was a bit shabby. He had a haggard appearance, as if he had been sick for a long while.

Bree lifted the photograph to find a paper underneath it. On the paper was written the name Remus Lupin with a paragraph about the man in question. She quickly read through it and glanced up at her liaison.

“A Werewolf, huh? He’s handsome, despite his ragged appearance,” she mused. “Is he dangerous?” she asked.
The man chuckled. “Only at the full moon if he forgets his Wolfsbane. You will find Remus Lupin to be quite a gentleman and I think you will be able to foster a friendship, if not more, with him quickly.”

Bree nodded. “Where can I find this Remus Lupin?”

“He is in the town of Harrington, which is close to a Werewolf encampment. He has been working underground with his fellow kin as a spy. He spends most of his time with the Werewolves, but you should be able to run into him in the early evenings around dinner time. He frequents a tavern a block away from his flat for his evening meal. He’s there every evening, and may be there during the day as well for other meals. Here is the address of his flat.” He handed her a small paper with an address on it. “If you would destroy that also when you have memorized it,” he told her.

She nodded to him once again.

“I know it will take a bit of time to establish a relationship with Lupin, so you should start as soon as possible,” the man continued.

Bree looked into the man’s eyes. “I will depart immediately,” she assured him.

The man smiled at her. “Thank you Bree. I know all of this is a bit much to take in, but I believe that if all goes as planned, we will be celebrating the defeat of our enemies and better control of the Wizarding world.”

He extended his hand towards her and she grasped it and shook it. “Good luck, Bree. You must keep me apprised of your progress.”

He reached into his pocket and brought out a mirror. He handed the small square mirror to Bree.

“If you need to contact me, call into the mirror. I have a duplicate and we will be able to communicate that way.”

Bree stared into the mirror, while the man took out his copy. He stared into his and Bree was able to see him in hers. She nodded to him in it and then looked up at the real man.

“I will not let you down,” she told him.

The man only nodded at her before he raised his hand and Disapparated. Bree raised her hand and did the same. She reappeared in an alleyway near her London Hotel. Quickly rounding the corner, she walked to her hotel and up to her room.

The room was small but cheery. It had a king size bed jutting out in the center, and a small table with an armchair next to it on the other side of the bed. She lowered herself into the armchair near the window, and opened the envelope that the man had given her. She spent the next hour studying the information that was within it.

When she was done, she put the dossier down and folded her hands in front of her. The information was intense and complete. It outlined everything she needed to do and the order in which it needed to be accomplished. It listed the members of the Order and gave a brief description of each member. Her task was a daunting one. The orders in the dossier were asking her to endanger her life. Even if everything went as planned, she could be killed. If anyone were to even slightly suspect her at any time, the entire project would be ruined. She would need to be completely covert. Her life depended on it.

She understood what her friend had wanted to accomplish with this spying. Whether she agreed with his motives and plan was not really important. She was his friend and had agreed to help him. Now she was bound to the verbal oath she had given him. Despite her misgivings and her being an Auror, she had given her word. She would follow the plan through to the end.

Brianna was good at what she did. She could be sneaky, ruthless, and secretive, and her Auror training had given her a great ability to lie and make up cover stories. She would not have a problem convincing the Order that she was genuine.

She heaved a sigh as she set the documents on the end table next to her. She placed all of the information about Remus Lupin on top of that. She took her wand and chanted Incendio and the dossier and all of the papers burst into flames. When all of it had been destroyed, she extinguished the fire.

Heaving another sigh she rose and got ready for bed. She would be checking out of her hotel tomorrow and heading for Harrington to begin phase one of the elaborate plan. That part would be easy. It was phase two that scared her to death.


A/N: Next up: Bree meets Remus.

Major thanks to my beta, Lilith Kayden.

I hope you enjoyed this. Please leave a review and tell me how I’m doing.



A Spy's Fate by debjunk [Reviews - 4]

>>

Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Copyright © 2003-2007 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved