Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
SS/OC

The Old Walls Crumble by cearrae27 [Reviews - 3]

<< >>

Would you like to submit a review?


Sorry, this took a while to come. I’ve been a bit busy. I became a grandmother above all else.

We come to the end. I’ll do a short epilogue but there are some hanging stories I might like to write about this pair. If you would like to read more about Jenny and Snape – review and let me know.

A/N The hand fasting was created from a myriad of different forms and put together. I claim no originality.
sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Severus used Apparation to travel from Manchester to the Ministry of Magic for his appointment with Arthur Weasley. His request was a simple one, but it was also revolutionary. He had been advised by his friends that Wizarding society was preparing to reintegrate with Muggle society at some point in the foreseeable future. In that context, his request was not untenable; in any case, it simply hadn’t been done in generations.

“I don’t want any bloody medals, Arthur. I want to have my hand-fasting at Hogwarts in front of Albus’ tomb.” Severus paced to and fro before the desk in the Minister of Magic’s office.

“You must understand, Severus, the decision to keep the Magic and Muggle worlds separate is not one sided. You’re asking for a policy change in the Home Office as well as our Ministry. There are formalities to be observed, policies to be reviewed...”

“Bugger the policies and fuck the formalities! I’ve given up most of my life to get our world to where it is today. I want one Muggle woman to be able to come to Hogwarts. That’s all. Make it happen, Minister; your predecessors never had problems bending regulations to their whims.”

Arthur sighed. “The very thing I want to avoid.”

“Alright then, I’ll take it to the people. I’m sure Skeeter could use a wartime love story that will not have a fairy tale ending,” threatened Snape.

Arthur held his hands up in defeat. “Alright we’ll figure out a loophole – just give me a chance to work it out.”

“Good. Now, I’m going home.” Severus turned and left, returning to the atrium exit to Apparate. He heard his name called. Turning, he saw Lucius Malfoy striding towards him, still using his cane.

“Severus, old boy, I’ve not had a chance to speak to you since your return.” He extended his hand and slapped Snape on the shoulder. “It’s good to see you.”

“And you, Lucius. How is Draco?”

Lucius frowned. “He had some bad moments when we got him back. They were less than gentle with him. That was part of the reason I moved for the reforms this past year.”

“You? Moved for reform?” Snape snorted. “You’ve changed your tune.”

He nodded in agreement. “Yes. It took some bitter lessons, but if I want any peace in my life, I have to change things so that no one else will go through what we did.”

Snape nodded his agreement. “Well, I’d best be off. I promised a certain lady a special evening.”

“Ah, Jenny.” Lucius smiled at his friend. “You should propose.”

“I did.” Severus smirked at the wide-eyed look Lucius adopted.

“Well done. I must share the news.” He smiled as Severus waved goodbye and left. He rubbed his chin thoughtfully and set off on a mission.

Later that evening, Jenny and Severus sat on the sofa, watching television. Coronation Street was playing. Severus had discovered the show over the past year and had become a fan. The closing theme played as he stroked Jenny’s shoulder, making her turn to face him. They were both in dressing gowns, having shared a bath after dinner.

“How about an early night; we’ve both lost sleep recently,” he whispered into her ear.

“I don’t think sleep is on your mind,” Jenny countered, slipping her hand inside his dressing gown to rest on his arousal.

He smirked down at her. “I’m up for a night-cap.”

“I’ll say,” she retorted, only to start when a sharp rapping came from the front door.

“Who the blue blazes calls at this time?” he growled, rising to answer.

He opened the door to the beaming faces of Lucius and Draco Malfoy.

“Good evening, old chap. Up for a spot of congratulatory bubbly?” he asked of the annoyed Snape, shoving a bottle of champagne in his face and carrying in a second.

Severus stood aside to let them enter. “I was up for a celebration, but you weren’t included in the equation,” he muttered as the pair passed him.

Lucius took in Jenny’s dress. “Jenny, my dear, I do hope we didn’t interrupt anything?” he asked with a suggestive look in his eye.

“Oh no, we were just... relaxing,” she replied, looking past him to Severus.

“Excellent, for Draco and I wanted to stop by and congratulate you on your engagement.” Lucius paused and looked around. “Have you any champagne flutes?”

Jenny rose and went to her china cabinet to find the glasses. As she did, another knock came to her door. Severus answered again, admitting Lupin and Tonks. As he went to close the door, it was pushed open again.

“Hello, Professor. Draco said there was a party here tonight,” said Ron, leading the rest of the DA from Grimmauld Place in. Minerva strolled in at the end, a knowing smile on her face.

Jenny watched as her house filled with witches and wizards. She walked over to stand beside Severus, a look of shock on her face. Suddenly, a loud knocking came from her back door. Lupin looked in the kitchen to see who was entering from the rear.

“It’s the rest of the Weasleys,” he announced, going to admit them.

“Trust that family to not know front from back,” muttered Lucius to himself.

“Hey!” exclaimed Ron, offended by the remark he'd overheard.

“I’m going to get dressed, Severus,” whispered Jenny. “It looks like we’re having a party.”

Severus grabbed her arm and pulled her to the bedroom. He closed and warded the door. “They won’t miss us for a few minutes. Molly will be passing around food.” He pulled her close and kissed her.

“Severus,” Jenny hissed as he bit her neck gently and pushed her onto the bed. Before she could complain, Severus and Jenny had started their own private party. When they returned, they were met with toasts and cheers as if they hadn’t been missed. Only Lucius smiled at Snape and slapped him on the back.

“At least one of the dark charms was worth remembering, eh, old friend?” Lucius laughed quietly as Severus turned red.
Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

“Where are we going?” Jenny asked as she watched the countryside pass by through the carriage windows. “Severus wouldn’t tell me anything.”

“Hogsmeade,” replied Hermione. “It’s the only totally Wizarding town in all of Britain.”

“But why the train ride? I mean, you lot have much faster ways of getting around.” Jenny continued to stare at the scenery, which had changed considerably since they left London.

“Two reasons, I should think,” offered Tonks. “This is the way the Muggle-born children are introduced to the world of magic. Just so’s you know, we had a dickens of a time getting permission to let you through the barrier. The second reason is that Severus wanted to kill time.”

“For what?” Jenny asked.

“He didn’t say,” said Hermione, remembering the Snape-ish nervous wreck that went about bullying people to ‘Make It Perfect’. “I must say, I’ve never seen him so… bothered about things like this before.”

Jenny smiled to herself, remembering the Registrar’s office wedding her family had attended….

...Lucius and Draco walked into the registrar’s office looking as dapper in their Muggle suits as they did in Wizarding gear.

“Over there,” said Lucius, looking at the announcement board.

Severus, Lupin and Tonks entered the building together, having met outside. They saw the platinum haired pair standing off to the side and joined them.

“You have the Muggle ring?” asked Severus of Lucius, while nervously adjusting his jacket.

“Of course,” he replied. “Did you bring a handkerchief?”

“What for?” asked Severus.

“You’re beginning to sweat, sir,” said Draco.

Snape pulled the white linen hanky from his pocket and mopped his brow. He looked at Lucius and Draco closely.

“Where did you get your suits?” he asked as he pushed at his hair, using the glass on the display as a mirror. He tightened the knot on his tie and looked around the foyer for his bride.

“The Muggle tailor said Armani was a prominent designer,” Lucius replied as he fingered the lapel. “It fits well.”

“Jenny’s here,” interrupted Tonks as Jenny, her sister, Amanda, and family entered the building. Her older sister bustled over and opened a box of boutonnières.

“Here you go, Severus,” said Amanda, pinning a white rose to his lapel. Everyone else had carnations.

Severus looked past her at Jenny, who was wearing a pale blue suit with matching flowers in her swept-up hair. He walked to meet her.

“Jenny, you look lovely. I wish I could do justice to the pictures today.” He smiled as she looked down at the floor.

“You always make me feel special, Severus. I think you look very dashing. Now, let’s get married... at least in the Muggle fashion,” she told him, finally sharing a smile.

“We didn’t need to, you know. Wizarding weddings are perfectly legal,” he told her.

“But my family wouldn’t be there, and as much of a pain in the arse they can be, they are my family.”

“I know,” replied Severus, pulling her hand to his lips for a kiss. “Come on; let’s make you Mrs. Snape, Muggle style.”...


... "He’s very particular about details is our Severus,” said Jenny, smiling. “He’s very sensitive about things.”

Tonks and Hermione looked at each other.

“Sensitive?” asked Tonks, incredulity seeping into the question. “Are we talking about the same man?”

Jenny looked at them, realizing they didn’t know him as she did. “He’s got so many defence mechanisms working that he just pushes people away, or hurts them before they can hurt him. It took a long time to get through that shell. He must have been hurt badly once. I had to poke at his shell for a long time to break it.”

“Have you seen him with kids?” asked Hermione.

Jenny grinned, “Yeah, I have. I’ll bet he was a right bastard as a teacher.”

“That’s an understatement,” Tonks replied.

“Mind you,” added Jenny, “I can understand some of it. I’d have loved to kick a few backsides after repairing what they did to books in the library where I worked.”

Hermione nodded seriously in agreement. “Yeah, some kids have no respect for books. It’s a sin.”
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Snape looked up at the night sky. A crescent moon gently lit the grass and reflected off the white tomb of Albus Dumbledore. Walking forward, Severus laid his hands on the strangely warm stone and closed his eyes.

“You know, old man, I can almost see you standing there with that gleam in your eye that always seemed to say, ‘I knew it would be this way all along’. What are you doing now I wonder? Are you sitting on some ethereal throne, looking down and gloating about how love was always the answer?” He chuckled softly to himself, stopping when the laugh threatened to turn into a sob. “Alright, you win, old man. I found love when I least expected it. I never knew how much... freedom it would bring.”

Severus felt the tears begin to fall and let them go. “I wish you could have known her. She would have reminded you of so many of your favourite students. McGonagall when she was impossibly young, Lily Evans, Cedric Diggory.” He paused and swallowed. “And now, the annoying Granger twit. Jenny let me into her life, and I grabbed on to it like it was a life-line. Now... now there’s tomorrow and next week and next year. Now, there is a future.”

Severus bowed his head and paid the tribute to his mentor he’d been denied before.

“Severus... Severus,” called Remus from the bonfire that had been built. “The carriage is almost here. You need to stand with us.”

Joining the group gathered for the hand-fasting, Severus waited for his handmaiden to approach. McGonagall and Flitwick took the place of his parents, with Remus, Lucius and Draco standing with him. He watched as a Thestral driven coach approached the magic circle. Molly and Arthur Weasley stood as Jenny’s parents, with Tonks, Hermione and Ginny serving as her attendants. Everyone else formed a broken circle around the fire, with the white tomb serving as the apex for the ceremony. He watched as the door opened and Jenny stepped out, taking the helpful hands of the Weasley parents. She wore an uncomplicated hand-fasting robe of unbleached white linen, which had been adorned with poet’s sleeves, a shoulder-baring cowl neck and a short train. On her head she wore a wreath of simple daisies in her hair and she carried a single red rose. Severus wore similar robes which were more severely cut into a masculine style. Both were barefoot and, other than wearing the visible garments, were naked to the elements.

As she walked towards the circle of people, Jenny looked about her. “Why are we having the ceremony here?" she asked. “There’s nothing but a few crumbling ruins and a headstone covered in weeds.”

Arthur smiled as he replied. “Severus was very particular about the location. The only way you could arrive without any distress, was to come by train. There are so many wards about this area to fend off any intrusions by Muggles...”

“Arthur,” admonished Molly. “It doesn’t matter, Jenny. Severus will share the significance with you later, I’m sure. Now, are you ready?”

“I hope so. Is there really blood involved?” she asked, with some trepidation.

“A tiny, little nick on your hand, dear, not to worry,” said Molly as she led Jenny forward.

An ancient woman Jenny recognized from her trial stood at the top of the circle. It appeared she would be conducting the ceremony. A small table was set before her holding the binding cords.

Elder Marchbanks raised her hands, palm-side up, to the night sky. “I call all those present to join in the circle, where we shall bear witness to the infinite love of the universe.”

The guests formed an open circle about the fire with the tomb of Albus Dumbledore forming part of it.

“Blessed be all who attend this glorious celebration, and blessed be those about to be united in the bonds of love,” intoned the elder.

“So mote it be,” responded the guests.

“Let the man and woman wishing to be joined be brought into the circle.”

Jenny felt her hands taken by Molly and Arthur as they led her forward followed by her attendants. She saw Severus being brought forward from the opposite side of the circle. As they entered the circle, only Lucius and Tonks followed the parties to the centre. The other attendants stopped at the edge and joined the ring.

Arthur, who had Jenny’s right hand, raised it and said, “I bring forth Jennifer, who asks to be joined to the man she loves.”

Tonks stepped forward and held out her palm. “I bring the symbol of her love to be blessed.”

Minerva, who had Severus’ right hand, raised it and said, “I bring forth Severus, who asks to be joined to the woman he loves.”

Lucius stepped forward and held out his palm and said, “I bring the symbol of his love to be blessed.”

The elder took Jenny and Severus raised hands, and joined them with her right hand, then pulled out her wand. The older couples left to join the circle.

“Place the symbols of love upon my wand,” she instructed. Lucius and Tonks did as they were asked and returned to the circle.

The elder closed her eyes. “Let the circle now be unbroken.” She waited while everyone joined hands with Minerva and Arthur each touching a corner of the tomb to include it.

“Above you are the stars, below you are the stones. As time does pass, remember… Like a star, love should be constant and a guide to your lives. Like a stone, love should be firm and faithful. Be close, but not too close. Possess one another, but be understanding. Have patience, each with the other, for storms will come, but they will go quickly. Be free in the giving of affection and warmth. Make love often, and be sensuous with one another. Have no fear and let not the ways or words of the unenlightened give you unease. For the goodness of all Creation is with you, now and forever.”

The people in the circle responded by saying, “Blessed be.”

Placing her wand on the small table, the elder then lifted the sacred athame – a ritual blade. “Swear you now, on this sacred blade, that there is no reason known to you that this union should not proceed?”

Jenny and Severus answered in unison. “I do so swear.”

Now looking around the circle, the elder asked, “Is there any reason known to you why this partnership should not be made?”

Those in the circle responded, “There is none.”

The elder took Jenny’s left hand and, using the athame, made a small cut in her palm. She followed suit with Severus, then joined their left hands together.

“As your joined hands now make the symbol of infinity, let us make the bonds of infinite love.” The elder tied four cords about their joined hands. “Light blue for understanding and patience, Red – for courage, strength and passion, White – for peace, sincerity and devotion, Gold – for unity, prosperity, and longevity.

“Is it your wish, Jennifer, to become one with this man?”

“It is my dearest wish,” replied Jenny, looking into Severus’ eyes.

“Is it your wish, Severus, to become one with this woman?"

“I wish most fervently to be one with her,” he replied while watching Jenny with a fierce intensity.

“Do any say nay?”

“No,” shouted the people forming the circle.

She passed her wand over their joined hands, causing a bright light to envelop them. Jenny felt warmth pass over and through her while at the same time, the only thing she could see was her Severus standing before her. As the light faded, Jenny noticed the tied cords had disappeared and then saw the cut on her hand was gone.

“Take these rings now blessed and place them on your heart’s finger.”

Jenny and Severus each took a ring and placed them on each other’s ring finger.

Elder Marchbanks then raised her hands once more. “Then, before the infinite universe and all creation, who are witness to this rite together with this company, I now proclaim you husband and wife. Let the circle now break and join in celebration.”

Jenny and Severus were immediately surrounded by their friends, but they took no notice of them. They only saw each other.

“I have something to show you,” Severus whispered in her ear. He looked behind her at the people standing there. “Move aside and make a space. It’s time to show her,” he commanded, watching as the crowd parted.

“This is the place where we all truly belong. It is the place we grew up in. This is a home for us, where we are always welcome. Turn and see the magic of Hogwarts.”

Jenny was gently turned in his arms. She gasped at the place where moments ago she saw ancient ruins. Now there stood an immense castle, lit as brightly as anything Walt Disney could have thought of.

“Severus,” she breathed. “It’s amazing. I could never have imagined anything like this.”

“Hogwarts at night never loses its wonder,” he agreed.

“Come along then, Madame Snape, your banquet awaits.” Severus smiled at her and pulled her along. “Wait until you see the Great Hall.”
Ssssssssssssssssssss

Jenny awoke to her neck being nuzzled by a very hot mouth. They were on their honeymoon; a present from everyone at the ceremony – a world tour.

“Mmh, morning, Severus. Where are we exactly?” she asked as she stretched luxuriantly in the king sized bed.

“Let me think. It’s Wednesday so we must be in Los Alcazares.”

“Spain?”

“Yes, there’s a large Magical community here. They live a rather bohemian lifestyle. Do you frequent nude beaches?” he asked, taking time to stroke her body for his amusement.

“With a body like mine?” she exclaimed. “Not bloody likely.”

“Good, for I am a very possessive and jealous wizard. If another were to see this...” He leaned over her and kissed her nipple. “... or this...” He kissed the other nipple. “... or this...” He licked his way to her belly button. “... and most especially... this.”

Jenny moaned as he started to pay attention to her clitoris. “No worries, Severus, no one will get to see any of them. I’ll just keep you in bed and you can keep me, ohhh... happy.”

“Where are we tomorrow?” she asked as they relaxed from another bout of love making.

“Morocco,” he replied.

“Where the Sook is?” she wondered.

“Yes,” he replied.

“You know, one day we should come back and actually do some sightseeing,” she told him as she played with his chest hair.

“I thought we were,” he murmured, only to be gently smacked. “Oh, you mean of the local tourist spots? Well, perhaps we shall. But for now, you along with a five star hotel and room service in each country are enough to make me happy.”

“You are incorrigible, Severus Snape.”

“I am in love, Jennifer Snape. I am merely fulfilling my wedding vows, and that my dear is the end of it.”

“No it’s not,” she told him. “It’s only the beginning, and I get the final word. I love you, Severus Snape.”
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



The Old Walls Crumble by cearrae27 [Reviews - 3]

<< >>

Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Copyright © 2003-2007 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved