Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
SS/OC

Innocence Found by sarabella76 [Reviews - 1]

<< >>

Would you like to submit a review?

Author's Notes: Beta read by the fabulous LariLee.



Severus stood against the wall, holding a glass of mead and seething inwardly. What the hell is Draco up to? he wondered angrily. Draco was being foolish and extremely careless. He had refused to tell Severus anything, despite his prodding. Whatever Draco was planning, it wasn’t going well. Draco looked terrible and was incredibly nervous and defensive.

Severus had been trying for weeks to discern what Draco’s intentions were. Draco had missed a Quidditch match on the pretense of illness, but Severus had a strong suspicion that he was making use of that time in pursuit of other matters. He had asked Draco to meet with him in his office several times, but Draco had never made any of the meetings. He was avoiding Severus and refused to let him in on his plans; he didn’t trust him.

How am I supposed to protect him if he refuses to tell me what he’s doing?

Severus took a drink and let his black eyes roam the crowded room. Slughorn was now very drunk and talking boisterously to a group of people, including the vampire, Sanguini. Severus was annoyed by Dumbledore’s absence; after all, it was his idea for Severus to come.

“Happy Christmas, Professor Snape,” said a dreamy voice, ripping Severus from his reverie.

Severus looked up. Perfect. This is exactly what I need. “Miss Lovegood,” he said curtly.

Luna Lovegood stared up at him with a vacant expression in her overly large eyes. “Are you all right?” she asked, moving closer and studying his face.

Severus backed up further against the wall. “I’m perfectly well,” he snapped. She was eyeing him curiously, causing him to feel extremely uncomfortable.

“Oh, I know what it is!” she gasped. “You’ve got Lododrone’s Disease.”

Severus stared down his nose at her. “What?”

Luna nodded solemnly. “Yes, that has to be it. The pale skin, the bloodshot eyes, the nasty temperament: all symptoms of Lododrone’s Disease.”

Severus’ eyes narrowed. “Miss Lovegood, I suggest you find the rest of your party before you cause Ravenclaw to lose house points.”

Luna stared at him blankly for a moment and then looked up above his head. “Oh, mistletoe,” she said thoughtfully.

Severus blanched. “Miss Lovegood—“

She leaned in, causing Severus to jerk back suddenly, banging his head against the wall.

“Don’t worry,” Luna whispered, “it’s probably full of nargles.” And with that, she was gone.

Severus quickly drained his glass of mead and fought back the urge to murder Dumbledore for forcing him to attend this disaster of a party. He marched over to Slughorn, thanked him for an ‘enjoyable evening’, and said goodbye. Slughorn looked visibly disappointed, but considering how intoxicated he was, Severus was certain that Slughorn would barely even remember Severus’ presence come tomorrow morning.

Once outside Slughorn’s office, Severus breathed a sigh of relief; he could hardly wait to return home.




Camilla sighed contently, leaning back against Severus and gazing lazily into the roaring fire. He wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his cheek against hers.

For the first time in a very long time, Camilla felt happy. She had finally recovered from her illness and hadn’t received a single letter in several weeks. She hoped she had seen the last of the letters, but her stomach still clenched every time the post was delivered. She knew that at any moment, this brief respite could end.

But tonight she wasn’t thinking of letters or Voldemort or the Order. Tonight she was relaxing in the arms of her husband. At the moment, her thoughts consisted solely of the softness his lips and the strength of his arms around her. For once, fear and sorrow were far from her mind.

“This is nice,” Camilla mumbled, leaning her head back to kiss him softly.

“I take it you are feeling better?” he asked, pushing her hair out of the way and planting warm kisses on her neck and shoulder.

“Much,” she answered, closing her eyes. “I can finally keep my dinner down and I don’t have to worry about throwing up when you kiss me.”

He let his arms drop to his sides and backed away from her. “Thank you,” he hissed. “It’s good to know my kissing you makes you want to vomit.”

Camilla laughed and turned around to face him. “Kissing you makes me want to do a lot of things, but throwing up isn’t one of them,” she said coyly, running her hand slowly up his thigh.

He grunted and folded his arms across his chest.

“Oh, Severus, quit being so grumpy. It’s Christmas!” she admonished.

He scowled, but then pulled her onto his lap and kissed her passionately. “Merry Christmas,” he said with a smirk.

“As nice as that was, I hope that wasn’t my present,” Camilla said, wrapping her arms around his neck.

“You will have to wait and see,” he replied.

Camilla pouted. “I hate waiting,” she grumbled, resting her cheek against his chest.

“You’ve gotten too thin,” he complained, running his hands over her sides.

“Well, seeing as I couldn’t eat anything for almost a week, I was bound to lose some weight,” she responded. “Don’t worry; I’ve got my appetite back now. I’ll fatten myself up in no time.”

Severus rolled his eyes. “Just don’t overdo it. I would still like to be able to get my arms around you.”

Camilla smiled. “Oh, speaking of getting fat, I never told you what Aurora said to me, did I?”

Severus raised an eyebrow. “Sinistra? I can hardly wait for this,” he said sardonically.

“She seemed to think that I was throwing up because I was pregnant,” Camilla laughed.

Severus suddenly turned a shade of grey. His black eyes widened and it looked as if he had forgotten how to breathe. She had never seen him so unsettled.

“I’m not, of course,” she said quickly.

Severus exhaled slowly. “Good.”

Camilla glared at him in annoyance. It wasn’t that she wanted children, because she didn’t. They had discussed it before they were married and had decided against having a family. His work was far too dangerous and they were content being alone together without the added burden of children to divide their attentions and affections.

Nevertheless, she was irritated by his reaction. “Well, it’s a good thing I’m not pregnant. I think the shock would have killed you.”

Severus eyed her warily. “Is that what you want? To have a baby?”

“No,” Camilla snapped, “but you don’t have to look so scared. It wouldn’t be that terrible, would it?”

Severus thought for a moment. “Perhaps not, but I don’t like the idea of having to share you.”

Camilla smiled. “Good answer. I may just forgive you.”

Severus raised an eyebrow. “May forgive me?”

“Yes, I might consider forgiving you if you give me my Christmas present now,” she replied with a sweet and manipulative smile.

Severus scowled. “Can you not wait until the morning? It’s not Christmas yet.”

Camilla pouted and gave him a pleading look. “It’s close enough. It’s Christmas Eve, after all.”

He shook his head. “You are pathetic. Fine, stay here, I’ll get it.”

Camilla squealed with delight. “I’ll get yours, too!” she said, jumping up and running to the kitchen. She opened the cabinet under the sink and pulled out a rather large square package wrapped with green wrapping paper and tied with a ridiculous silver ribbon that would be sure to make his lip curl.

“What an interesting hiding place,” he sneered.

“You never found it,” she said with a shrug.

Severus then brushed past her, opened the oven door, and retrieved a small black box.

She gaped at him. “I looked everywhere!” she fumed.

He smirked triumphantly. “I knew that would be the one place you’d never look.”

Camilla glared at him. “Why do I need to cook? That’s what house-elves are for.”

Severus sighed deeply. “Go sit down,” he ordered.

She bounded into the sitting room and sat on the edge of the sofa, waiting expectantly. He joined her shortly, holding the black box.

“Okay, you go first,” Camilla said excitedly, thrusting the green package into his hands.

He stowed the black box in his robes and gazed at the package in his hands with a mocking smile. “Slytherin colors, I see. And an atrocious bow. You must have wrapped this yourself.”

“Just shut up and open it,” Camilla said impatiently.

She watched in nervous anticipation as he ripped off the bow and wrapping paper. He pulled out a large brown leather album. She bit her lip as he began to flip through it. His face was inscrutable; she had no idea what he thought of it.

She had spent weeks searching for as many pictures as she could find. She had included some pictures of Severus as a child, a few of him as a teenager, and quite a few pictures of him and Camilla together, including pictures from their wedding.

“I know I can’t give you your memories back,” she said, wiping away a tear, “but I hope this comes close.”

He looked up from the album and stared at her. “This is extraordinary. I don’t know what to say,” he whispered.

Camilla smiled through her tears. “Merry Christmas.”

He laid his hand against her cheek and stroked her face with his thumb. “You are an amazing witch, Camilla,” he said quietly, gazing into her eyes. He kissed her gently and said, “Thank you.”

Camilla wiped her eyes and grinned. “Okay, my turn!”

He pulled out the black box and handed it to her. She opened it excitedly, but as she peered inside the box her face fell. The box contained two smooth grey stones about the size of her palm. She picked one up and examined it.

“Um, thanks,” she mumbled. This is even worse than what he got me last year, she thought

Severus smiled. “Allow me to explain. These are Message Stones. They are used for wordless communication between two people.”

Camilla eyed him curiously. “How do they work?”

“Hold the stone in your hand and concentrate on something you want to tell me.”

Camilla took one of the stones in her hand and held it tightly. She thought for a moment about what message she would like to send. Finally, a mischievous grin spread across her face. “Okay, I think I know,” she said.

“Close your eyes and concentrate on that message,” he instructed.

She nodded and closed her eyes, concentrating on the message she wanted to send. After a few moments, she opened her eyes and asked, “Did it work?”

Severus was holding the other stone in his hand. Camilla gasped; the other stone was emitting a faint purple iridescent glow. She watched as Severus gazed at the stone and chuckled softly.

“I’m not sure if that is even legal, but I cannot wait to try,” he said huskily.

Camilla stared at him in amazement. “These are wonderful, Severus!” she cried. “Where did you get them?”

Severus scowled. “Trelawney. You have no idea of what I had to go through to get them,” he grumbled.

“Oh, do tell!” Camilla said with a grin.

“I was forced to endure a palm reading, tea leaf reading, and she also ‘consulted the orb’ on my behalf,” he said angrily.

Camilla laughed. “You poor thing.”

“Now, understand me, Camilla,” he said seriously. “These Stones are to be used only if you are in danger. You can’t send me messages under any other circumstance,” he warned.

She frowned. “What if you’re the one who’s in danger?”

“If I need to contact you, I will. You need to keep the Stone with you at all times. I will do the same. But remember; only use it if it is an emergency. Promise me you will do as I ask.”

Camilla nodded reluctantly. “Okay, I promise,” she said with a sigh. “But first, will you send me a message?”

“Very well,” Severus said. He clutched the stone in his hand and closed his eyes.

Soon, Camilla’s stone grew warm and started emitting a similar purple glow. Suddenly, she heard Severus’ voice in her head: You look unbelievable tonight. I cannot wait to ravish you.

Camilla gasped and looked up at him. He was leaning casually against the back of the sofa, desire and passion burning in his black eyes as he stared at her. She smiled mischievously, took his hand, and led him into the bedroom. She closed the door behind him, pushed him down onto the bed roughly and said, “Severus Snape, this will be one Christmas you will never forget.”



Author's Notes: I love Luna for a bit of comic relief. I figure she has to be Snape's worst nightmare. I can imagine him dreading classes with her!

Next up: more Narcissa! I had a feeling you were missing her, but don't worry, you'll see her soon enough!

Thanks for reading and don't forget to review and feed my muse. She bites when she's hungry.









Innocence Found by sarabella76 [Reviews - 1]

<< >>

Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Copyright © 2003-2007 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved