Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
SS/OC

Innocence Found by sarabella76 [Reviews - 3]

<< >>

Would you like to submit a review?

Author's Notes: Thank you to LariLee for beta reading!



Severus walked into the bedroom, following the sounds of retching coming from the bathroom. He pressed the door open and found his wife hunched over the toilet, panting and holding her long hair back.

Severus crouched beside her and brushed a few damp strands of hair off her forehead. “I’ll do that,” he said, gently taking her thick hair in his hand.

“Thanks,” she muttered, before another wave of nausea overtook her. When it was over, she lay down on her side, pressing her cheek to the cold tile floor.

“I think I’m dying,” she mumbled, holding her stomach.

Severus rolled his eyes. “You’re not dying. You seem to have a touch of the flu. Several of my students have been out with it. It should pass within a day or so.”

Camilla groaned. “I can’t take much more of this.”

Severus took out a small vial filled with a dark green potion. “Sit up,” he urged, pulling her up gently.

She looked up at him mournfully. “What is that?” she asked, wrinkling her nose in disgust.

“It’ll help with the nausea,” he replied, removing the cork and handing it to her.

She gazed at the vial warily. “I haven’t been able to keep anything down,” she whined.

“Just drink it,” Severus said impatiently.

She glared at him and gulped down the potion quickly. She made a face, handed the vial back to him, and lay back down on the tile.

“Are you going to lie there all night?” he asked, laying a hand on her cold and clammy cheek.

She nodded, curling into a ball and closing her eyes.

He shook his head and gently scooped her up into his arms. He carried her out of the bathroom and sat her down on the edge of the bed. She buried her face in her hands and groaned softly as he turned down the bed. He helped her crawl underneath the covers and then placed two pillows behind her head.

“Are you comfortable?” he asked, sitting beside her.

She nodded. “I wish I could go with you,” she said remorsefully.

“As do I,” Severus muttered. He was being forced by Dumbledore to attend Slughorn’s Christmas party. He could think of a number of places he would rather be than at a Hogwarts gathering. He had no desire to socialize, especially with that lot.

“I am fairly certain that a party is not something I have ever enjoyed,” he said with a frown. ”Am I correct?”

Camilla chuckled softly. “Oh no, Severus, you used to love parties,” she said with a wink, “and dancing.”

Severus scowled. “If you weren’t ill, I’d punish you for your cheek.”

Camilla smiled weakly. “Really? What would you do, Professor?”

“Get well and you shall find out,” he answered with a sly smile.

Camilla shot him an exasperated look. “Fine, don’t tell me. Just go to your party without me. Have fun,” she said, pouting.

Severus sighed. “Believe me, I would rather be here, but Dumbledore is forcing me to go. He says it will be good for me,” he scoffed.

“Well, just don’t have too much fun,” she warned, squeezing his hand.

“You need not be concerned about that, I assure you.” He leaned over and kissed her forehead. “I’ll be home soon. Try to get some rest.”

Camilla nodded sullenly and watched him leave with a pathetic look on her face.

Severus shut the door behind him and sighed. She should have been in Slytherin—manipulative, cheeky little minx. He smiled despite himself and marched grudgingly out the door of his rooms and up to Slughorn’s office.




“Severus, I’m trying to concentrate!” Camilla giggled.

Severus pretended not to hear her and continued to plant small kisses slowly up her arm. He took her quill and parchment from her and threw it across the room.

Camilla feigned an indignant look. “I am trying to work here!” she cried.

She had been trying to work on a design for a new line of witch’s dress robes for the better part of an hour. She was hoping that if they liked her new line, one of the shops would agree to hire her on as a fulltime designer. While she enjoyed the freedom of working for herself, she wanted the security that came with having a steady salary.

Severus knew how important this was to her and had promised to leave her alone, but as he sat and watched her, he had found it more and more difficult to keep his hands off her. He had longed to touch her soft, smooth skin; to kiss her until she was breathless.

Severus smiled mischievously and then pushed her hair back to give his lips access to her long neck.

Camilla moaned softly. “I’ve got work to do… Important…things…” She grabbed his head and began kissing him passionately.

He shifted so that he was lying beside her. He continued to kiss her slowly, tangling his hands in her hair and enjoying the feel of her body pressed against him. He marveled at her passion for him; she wanted him, just as he was. He couldn’t imagine what a sweet and caring creature like her would see in him, but he wasn’t about to tempt fate by asking why.

They spent a satisfying hour on the sofa together and after they had retrieved their clothing that had been scattered about the sitting room, Severus lay back against the sofa and closed his eyes contently. Camilla curled up beside him and rested her head on his shoulder.

“That was…not bad,” he teased.

She punched him playfully. “Not bad, indeed. I was brilliant!”

Severus curled his lip mockingly. “You were adequate. I, on the other hand, was in top form.”

Camilla laughed and patted his head. “Whatever you say, darling.”

This comment brought on an intense bout of wrestling during which Camilla beat Severus around the head with a sofa cushion. They finally fell off the sofa, landing painfully on the floor; Camilla on her back with Severus on top of her. He quickly pinned her arms behind her head and smiled victoriously.

“Slytherins always come out on top,” he smirked.

Camilla panted and blew the hair out of her eyes. “You win. This time. Let me up, please?” she asked sweetly.

He reluctantly let go of her hands and instantly regretted it. She tackled him and threw him down on his back. She sat on his chest, pinning his arms down with her knees. “Now who’s on top?”

“Why you weren’t sorted into Slytherin, I’ll never know,” Severus grumbled.

She smiled and leaned over to kiss him gently. After a fair amount of begging from Severus, she finally took pity on him and released him. He sat back against the bottom of the sofa and pulled her into his arms.

“You are a bad influence on me,” she complained. “I never get any work done with you around.”

“It is entirely your fault,” Severus replied, stroking her hair. “You’re too tempting to leave alone.”

Camilla beamed up at him. “Who knew our grumpy Potions master was so sweet?”

Severus snorted. “I’m anything but sweet. I only speak the truth.”

“Well,” she said, nuzzling his neck, “I won’t tell anyone, but I still think you’re sweet.”

Severus rolled his eyes. “Have it your way, then.”

Camilla nodded smugly. “I’m so glad you agree with me.”

They sat in silence for awhile, holding each other and listening to the clock tick. Finally Severus said what had been on his mind for weeks.

“I would like it very much if you would stay here. With me,” he said tentatively.

“I’ll be here until tomorrow, Severus,” she answered, gazing at him with a confused look on her face.

“I meant permanently,” he said, avoiding her eyes.

“Oh,” she said softly.

He regretted saying anything. She obviously had no desire to take such a step; he was foolish to think that she would want to live at Hogwarts with him.

“Forget it,” he mumbled. “It’s just something I’ve been thinking about. It would be more convenient, but—“

“Severus, hang on. Give me a minute to think,” she replied gently. She sat up and stared at the wall for a few minutes, chewing her bottom lip thoughtfully. Finally, she asked, “When did you decide this?”

Severus scowled. “I’ve been thinking about it for some time. If you don’t want to, just say so,” he snapped.

“Well I’m not sure. Is Dumbledore okay with this?”

“I have discussed it with him. He does not necessarily approve, but has said that he cannot dictate to me what I do in my personal quarters. He urged discretion.”

Camilla frowned. “What would your students say? I don’t think it would look good, Severus.”

“I’m aware of this, but…” He hesitated. “I don’t like being separated from you. I only see you a few days each month. That is unacceptable to me.”

Camilla smiled warmly and brushed her fingers across his face. “I know. I hate leaving you, too. But I live in London and you live here. I’m sorry, Severus, but I just don’t think it would be a good idea to live together. You’re a professor here. I don’t want anyone to lose respect for you because of me.”

Severus crossed his arms and stared at the carpet. “I understand,” he muttered angrily.

“If we were married it would be different,” she said casually, then suddenly clapped her hand over her mouth. “I’m sorry. I wasn’t trying to—Oh shit, forget I said anything.” She blushed furiously and buried her face in her hands.

She wants to get married? Severus contemplated this revelation. He had not been thinking about marriage until now. He cared about her--no, he loved her. He knew he would never be lucky enough to find her equal. She cared about him; she was trustworthy and loyal. She was willing to stay with him despite his obligations to the Order, despite the danger he was in daily. Why she had chosen him he couldn’t fathom, but she was his nonetheless.

He knew he was being selfish but he didn’t care. He couldn’t live without her. He would be a fool not to do anything he could to keep her. If she wanted to get married, he would do as she wished.

“Very well,” he said finally, “if that is what you want, then we will get married.”

Camilla gazed up at him, her eyes wide with shock. “Severus, I wasn’t serious. I don’t even know why I said that. Please…I’m not trying to force you into anything.”

“I know,” he said softly. “And I think we should be married.”

Camilla was looking at him as if he were mad. “You’re not serious?”

He took her face in his hands and gazed into her deep brown eyes. “I am serious. I love you, Camilla. I can’t stand being apart from you. I want you with me every day; I want you to be my wife. Will you marry me?”

Camilla’s eyes filled with tears. A slow smile spread across her face. “Yes,” she whispered, “I will.” She threw her arms around him and kissed him tenderly as tears streamed down her face.

Camilla left a few minutes later to send owls to her mother and Rosmerta. Severus watched her go and exhaled slowly. He spent the rest of the afternoon in a daze, wondering what the hell he had gotten himself into.




Author's Notes: The "proposal" was shamelessly borrowed from Friends. If you haven't noticed, it's quite similar to the time when Ross asked Emily to move in with him. She said no and said it would be different if they were married and then Ross popped the question and gave her his earring as a ring.

So now you know how Camilla finally roped sour Severus into marrying her. Reverse psychology, works every time.

Next up, Slughorn's party and Christmas with the Snapes. (Sounds like a bad TV special, doesn't it?)

Thanks for reading and don't forget to press the lovely review button. I never tire of hearing from you! : )



Innocence Found by sarabella76 [Reviews - 3]

<< >>

Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Copyright © 2003-2007 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved