Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
SS/OC

Innocence Found by sarabella76 [Reviews - 3]

<< >>

Would you like to submit a review?

Camilla jumped as Severus slammed the door to their rooms. She had been curled up in a worn armchair, clutching a roll of parchment and chewing on the end of a Sugar Quill. She sat up as he entered the sitting room and collapsed on the sofa, rubbing his eyes.

“Did you have a good day, dear?” she asked, trying to conceal a grin. He rarely came home from his classes in a good mood. He had little patience for ‘those imbeciles’ and she guessed that nothing had changed.

“That Potter is every bit as arrogant as you said,” Severus spat. “He has absolutely no respect.”

Camilla smiled. “I’m sorry you had a rough day.”

“Why did I choose this career? It’s pure torture. I’m surprised these morons haven’t managed to get me killed by now.”

“Well the year’s not over yet,” Camilla said with a wink.

“Thank you for your sympathy,” muttered Severus. “What are you working on?”

“Some new designs. I’m having trouble concentrating, what with everything that’s been going on.” She sighed and threw the roll of parchment across the room in disgust.

It was true, her work as a designer for Gladrags Wizardwear had been suffering lately. Designing fashionable robes hardly seemed to be of much importance anymore, considering the Wizarding world was at war. Nevertheless, wizards and witches still needed clothing and her work distracted her from worrying about Severus most days.

“Going well, is it?” Severus asked with a smirk.

“I give up,” she said, joining him on the sofa. “Work is so tedious. Can’t you just make me a kept woman?”

Severus shook his head. “Somehow, I don’t think you would enjoy that.”

She sighed and placed her head on his shoulder. “Maybe not.”

To her surprise, Severus moved so that he could put his arm around her. She nuzzled her cheek against his chest and caught a familiar scent of his soap and cologne. She sighed contently.

After a few minutes, she glanced up at him and found that he was staring at her. “What?” she asked softly.

“Nothing,” he answered. He leaned in and kissed her gently.

Damn him, she thought as she gave in to his kiss. She was only human, after all. He pulled her up onto his lap and began unfastening her robes. She worked on those endless buttons with trembling fingers.

“Is now the right time?” he asked huskily.

“Shut up,” she said, crushing his lips with hers. He picked her up and carried her toward the bedroom. As they reached the door, he cried out in pain and dropped her.

“Ow!” Camilla cried as she hit the floor. She picked herself off the floor, rubbing her bottom. “What happened?” she asked, annoyed. He was clutching his left forearm. She stared at him wide-eyed. “Not now?”

He showed her his Dark Mark. “I’m afraid so.”

“Damn him!” Camilla shouted in frustration, still rubbing her bruised behind.

“Are you all right?” he asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

Severus took her face in his hands and kissed her. “I’ll be back soon.”

She felt her eyes begin to fill with tears. “Okay.”

He brushed his thumb across her cheek. “I’ll be fine,” he assured her.

Camilla helped him refasten his frock coat and straightened his robes. “I’ll see you in a bit,” she said with a brave smile.

She watched his black robes billowing behind him as he left. She entered her room and collapsed on the bed. She fell into a fitful sleep, peppered with dreams of her husband’s death.




Camilla stared at the barstool where Professor Snape usually sat. It remained empty, just as it had for the past four nights. Each night, she would watch the clock. Her breath caught in her throat every time the door opened, and her heart sank every time it wasn’t him.

She felt miserable and incredibly guilty. Why did she have to push him away? She hated herself for overanalyzing everything. She wished she could simply go where her heart and her body took her, but her mind always seemed to get in the way.

She had wanted him badly, but he would never believe that now. He would never set foot in the Three Broomsticks again as long as she was there.

Camilla sighed gloomily. Business was slow tonight and she was ready to go to bed and sleep for days. She glared at her customers and silently urged them to leave so she could close early.

In her desperation to see him again, she had been foolish enough to send him an owl. She had apologized and told him his seat would be waiting for him whenever he decided to return. He did not reply.

Finally, Camilla’s last customer left. She locked the door and headed up to bed. She dreamed of him again and when she awoke, she was sure he would torment her the rest of her days.

The following day, Camilla set out early. The students would be arriving the next day for the latest Hogsmeade outing. Unfortunately, she had neglected to stock enough butterbeer and was heading to the Hog’s Head to borrow a few cases.

After arguing with the surly barman and promising to replace all the cases she borrowed, along with several bottles of Rosmerta’s famous mead, he finally agreed to bring her the butterbeer after he closed that evening.

Satisfied, Camilla decided to do a little shopping. She hoped it might take her mind off things. She was headed to Gladrags Wizardwear to look at some new dress robes when she stopped short.

Standing near the window of Scrivenshaft’s Quill Shop was Severus Snape. He was standing over a row of pheasant feather quills, his brow furrowed. Camilla felt her stomach lurch at the sight of him. After standing and gaping at him for several minutes, she finally took a deep breath, gathered up her courage, and pushed open the door.

He whipped around as she entered. His face registered mild surprise, but he quickly turned his back on her and began scrutinizing a shelf filled with Self-Inking quills.

Camilla circled the shop casually, watching him out of the corner of her eye. He kept his gaze focused on the quills, but she swore she saw his eyes dart toward her when he thought she was not looking. Finally, Camilla walked up behind him.

“Hello, Professor,” she said.

“Miss Bradford,” he replied curtly, picking up a quill and examining it.

“Did you get my owl?” she asked to his back.

“I did. I thought it was highly inappropriate.”

“Inappropriate? You’re one to be talking about inappropriate! Need I remind you what you tried to do in a very public place?” she hissed softly. She was aware that the shopkeeper was staring at them.

“This is neither the time nor place for this type of discussion,” Snape said, finally turning around and staring down his nose at her.

“Well, seeing as you won’t talk to me, I have no choice.” Camilla crossed her arms and glared up at him.

He replaced the quill he was holding and grabbed her by the arm and roughly pulled her out the door. “Let’s go,” he said, pulling her down the street.

Camilla wrenched her arm away. “I can walk on my own,” she said angrily.

Snape walked on in silence and stopped in front of the Hog’s Head. “Here?” she asked disdainfully. She could imagine the look on the barman’s face when he saw that she was back again.

“We need not worry about being overheard here,” he said, motioning for her to enter.

Camilla flung the door open and marched inside. The barman eyed her curiously. She chose a table far in the back and sat down. Snape took the seat across from her and crossed his arms.

“Well, what is it that you want, Miss Bradford?” he spat.

“I am not one of your students, Professor,” she said, feeling her face grow hot with anger. “Don’t talk to me like that.”

He raised an eyebrow. “Say what you have to say and do it quickly. I have a class to teach.”

Camilla felt an incredibly strong urge to slap the smirk off his face. “Look,” she said, “I’m sorry, all right? I didn’t mean to hurt you.”

Snape laughed bitterly. “Hurt me? You flatter yourself.”

Camilla gritted her teeth. “I made a mistake. I shouldn’t have pushed you away. But you could have chosen a better time and place to do what you did.”

“I don’t need your pity,” Snape replied coldly. “Your guilt has been assuaged, so you may go.”

Camilla gaped at him. “You idiot! Is it so hard for you to believe that I like you?”

“I know the kind of man your type likes: handsome, athletic, cocky,” Snape spat. “I don’t believe I fulfill your requirements.”

“You’re unbelievable! You know nothing about me. I fancy you, damn it! So don’t tell me who I should or shouldn’t be with!”

Snape stared at her apprehensively.

“What do I have to do to convince you?” she asked in a husky voice, sliding her chair over so that she was sitting beside him. He stared determinedly at the table. Camilla leaned over and brushed her lips against his. She kissed him slowly and seductively as her hand made its way up his thigh.

He grabbed her hand and hissed, “We are being watched.” He motioned to the barman who was gaping openly at them.

Camilla smiled. “I don’t care.”

“I do,” he said, wrenching her eager hand away. His face was very red.

“Fine,” she said, scooting her chair away. “I guess I will see you again some time.”

He grabbed her wrist and snarled, “I just meant we should go somewhere more private.”

“I thought you’d never ask,” Camilla grinned.

They Apparated to the Three Broomsticks. Once inside, she immediately grabbed him and began kissing him roughly. They made their way upstairs, peeling off pieces of clothing as they went.

When they had finally reached her room and collapsed on the bed, she asked, “Convinced yet?”

He rolled his eyes and pulled the covers over their heads.




A/N: Many thanks to the wonderful LariLee for beta reading.

Please leave a review and let me know what you think. : ) Severus will be pleased if you do...

Innocence Found by sarabella76 [Reviews - 3]

<< >>

Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Copyright © 2003-2007 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved