Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
SS/OC

To Travel Through Time: Part One: Chronos Taxiclevo Filtro by Melvacaea [Reviews - 2]

<< >>

Would you like to submit a review?

Trickie Woo for her patience and encouragement.

****
~17~ Daimon~


He picked up the bell, removing it from the dark confines of the white drawer, and turned it in his hands. The clapper tinged against the sides and it vibrated in his hands. He set it down upon the night stand and picked up the book. The Vade Mecum of Dreams and Dream Interpretation. He arched an eyebrow and flipped it open, skimming the details before realizing that it was rooted deeply in mysticism and Christianity. He scoffed and let the book fall back down onto the night stand.

Memories indeed. He exited the room and, just as he closed the door... something escaped.

****

She was working in the lab, working on the potion. The jars were all labeled and organized, so she decided to forge ahead. After finding her process, she started adding spices to the base potion. A great plume of smoke burst out and sent her sprawling across the floor with a cry. Looking up, she started to cough as she moved her hand in front of her to disperse the smoke. The water glowed a shining bronze and she started to arrange the crystals to scan it. The mirror was in place and she started muttering Latin phrases, stringing them together eloquently. The crystals glowed white and light emitted from one. It hit the next crystal, which sent it spiraling to the next, and the next, and the next, and the next, and the next... and the mirror. The mirror flashed it straight out and the light surrounded the liquid and the pan.

The muttering became faster and the water shimmered, rippled. The enchanted parchment and quill lifted off the table and began scribbling hurriedly, drawing the large spikes and changing ink color. She grinned, counted five seconds in her head, and continued to chant in a slightly louder tone. Then, the pen fell limp and the water was still. She turned her head to gaze down at the parchment. She sat down and compared it with the scan of the Ice Sun, bit by bit, inch by inch.

The door creaked open and a sharp gust of wind entered the room before the door slammed shut again. Kestrel turned in her seat and looked around, eyes bright, mind racing. She stood up slowly and made her way to the door. She twisted the doorknob but didn't get anywhere. She rattled it, pounded on it, and shook it. She grabbed her wand.

"Alohomora!"

Nothing.

"Bombarda!" she yelled. Two screws fell out but that was all. She dropped her wand and ran her hand through her hair. "All right... come out, you. Come out, come out, wherever you are."

Mist came out from the floor boards and Kestrel glared down at it. It danced, twirled, and spiraled to form a vaguely humanoid figure. She lifted her wand and the figure solidified to create an Arabian woman dressed in what one would wear for the Dance of the Seven Veils.

"Petrificus Totalus!" The spell whizzed right through her and she smiled lazily.

"Glacius!" Nothing. The freezing spell went right through her, too.

"How did you do it? How did you become immune? Eh, Achlys?"

The woman made her way to Kestrel, who curled her lips in disgust, and ran her hand across her shoulders. Tanned skin against tanned skin, black hair against dark red, the woman named Achlys bent forward and whispered something in Greek in her ear. Dark eyes bright with triumph, Kestrel pulled away from her and turned, wand raised.

"I knew you were here, biding your time, waiting to come out and hit me with your best shot. Demons. You're all the same: vengeful. Do you miss Polynices, Achlys?"

Achlys screamed and a blast of fire emitted from her hand. Kestrel ducked and slammed against the cabinet before standing again.

"Temper, temper, Achlys. Don't you have Lucius?"

"I will kill you. I will," she hissed. She transformed before Kestrel's eyes: into a great rattlesnake.

"Honestly. Slytherins don't have any imagination."

The rattlesnake's rings vibrated and rattled dangerously and Kestrel snorted.

"Honestly," she said under her breath, and the rattlesnake spat her poison. Kestrel evaporated it.

The rattling became intense and the snake disappeared into mist. The mist whirled around and the figure of a great lion. Kestrel looked approving.

"Oh, well done!" The lion's large claw swept out and Kestrel ducked quickly. "But would a lion kill a Gryffindor?"

The lion roared and it too disappeared to leave a puma.

"Oh, here, kitty, kitty."

The puma launched itself at her and Kestrel went tumbling to the ground underneath its great paws. It growled and Kestrel stuck her wand in its neck.

"Dague!" The wand became a knife and the knife slit the puma's throat.

Kestrel stood up and watched the puma become smaller, feathery, black. A raven cawed weakly and blood spilled out from its neck.

"I win, Achlys. What's the forfeit?"

"Three raven feathers under my wing," she said hoarsely as her vision clouded. "Search..."

The raven died and Kestrel took the feathers. Three long, razor-sharp feathers lay in her hand and she wrapped them up in a black cloth. The door opened and she turned around calmly to face Snape. The raven had disappeared into mist.

"What was all that noise? Are you schizophrenic, too?"

"No, Professor. That was a demon on a vengeance spree."

He arched his eyebrows and Kestrel sighed.

"Condensed version: three summers ago, I killed a demon known as Polynices."

"You killed a demon?"

"It was an accident. Power backlash. His lover, Achlys, has been dying to get her hands on me since then."

She saw the look of surprise and pain flash across his face. She didn't understand it and she didn't want to pry. So she continued.

"I kept a bell, book, and candle to keep her locked in my room; she was trapped in the book. I don't know how on earth she got out from there, but she was weak when she came to see me. She only used three different powers and she died by Muggle means." He looked curious. "I slit her throat."

"I thought that bell, book, and candle was used to excommunicate," he stated blandly.

"It is. When the house was built, my room was blessed by a bishop and he gave my family the power to 'excommunicate' whoever or whatever was in the room and not allowed. The candle, when lighted, would attract it. The bell, when charmed to ring, would put it in pain. The book, when opened, would trap it in there and weaken it until it died. If opened beforehand, it would escape and escape from the room the next time the door was opened."

"Ah. What was the forfeit?"

She gave him a curious look.

"I do know about demons, Rivera. You killed Achlys. What was the forfeit?"

"Three raven feathers. Look like they could cut through steel."

"I see you've started the next part."

"Oh! Yes, I have to finish analyzing this."

"Don't let me keep you." And he stalked out, head in his memories.

****
Just for fun and suspense. Hm... could Lucius have been involved with a demon? And what does Achlys have to do with everything?

The title is Greek for 'demon'. (The 'o' is actually supposed to have a squiggly thing on top). 'Dague' is ... er... Latin for 'dagger'... I think it's Latin...

Please review! The bunnies will accept constructive criticism as they are currently hopping around my monitor muttering possible plots. Help!
-Mel

To Travel Through Time: Part One: Chronos Taxiclevo Filtro by Melvacaea [Reviews - 2]

<< >>

Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Copyright © 2003-2007 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved