Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
SS/OC

To Travel Through Time: Part One: Chronos Taxiclevo Filtro by Melvacaea [Reviews - 2]

<< >>

Would you like to submit a review?


I DON'T know why I did that, so don't ask. I'm just... happy.

Thanks to Trickie as always for her stunning honesty, intricate questions, and wonderful reviews. And thanks to the readers for putting up with my imagination and (most times) ultimate stupidity (i.e. TV... TV... duh....)
****

~13~ Confront Your Feelings ~


"Rivera, wake up."

Kestrel cracked open one eye and stared at her professor with it. He was dressed in what appeared the same thing he had worn two days ago to visit Sister Elena... no, wait, these had some stains on them. And... ha! He was wearing jeans! They were a bit torn. Got you, Professor, she thought smugly. Not as Slytherin pure as you'd like us to think. She opened the other eye and felt a tug at her arm.

"Yes, yes, I'm coming."

"The moon will rise in a moment. Sister Elena is already in the forest."

Kestrel sighed and fell out of bed, face smacking on the floor. She said a few swear words into the floor before peeling herself off it and standing up, blowing a strand of hair away from her face. He tossed a pair of jeans and a loose shirt in her direction, snapping at her to hurry up, and left. She tugged off her nightgown and pulled on what he had given her, slipping into a pair of closed shoes almost absently. She looked into the mirror and cringed, pulling it into a ponytail and yanking a cap over it.

"You look a fright," the mirror said.

"Oh, shut up you."

"RIVERA!"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah...," she muttered, hopping out of her room and down the stairs and out the door. He stood with the horses, a basket slung over one arm. He shoved it at her and mounted Zeus, gave her a moment, and clicked his tongue at his horse. Kestrel did the same and peeked inside the basket. She gave a sigh of relief: bread and cheese slices. Selini marched on to the forest and Kestrel indulged in three slices of bread with cheese and a bit of water from her canteen.

"Over here, my dears," Sister Elena said from under a tree.

Kestrel looked over her tools: a gold basket, a small gold scythe, a small silver spade, and a small silver pair of tweezers. Snape held out a hand to Sister Elena and she mounted Zeus, who snuffled and pawed the ground.

"Zeus!" Kestrel snapped and he calmed. Snape looked over at her strangely. "He still knows who his mistress is," she said grimly, lightly tapping her Arabian's sides and jolting softly forward. They trotted through the forest, looking for one ingredient that they needed in large amounts: thyme.

"Here. Down this path," Sister Elena said brusquely, but Kestrel had already turned. The forest was, you see, on her lands.

"There," Kestrel said, nodding towards the thyme plants.

She watched as Elena went to work, setting her basket next to her and slipping out the scythe, touching each thyme leaf and inspecting them. She sliced some away so that they fell into her hand and she dropped them in the basket. She sliced the unripened thyme with her silver scythe and away some leaves with the tweezers. None touched the ground.

"Do you know a professional with sea creatures?" Snape asked.

She nodded. "I do indeed. I'll contact her later. I'd ask Thespis, but he's getting his doctorate in Potions."

"Really?"

"First Grecian Potions Master," she said proudly. "He looks like the only one who's going to make it."

"Does he have a master?" Snape asked, interested.

She nodded. "Once he finished, he'll be apprenticed to Master Giovanni, from Italy."

"Excellent. I know him."

"There are only five Potions Masters in the world, Professor. I'm quite sure you know him," she said dryly.

"Finished. We should get these to your potions pantry right away."

"Right. Come on then."

****

Sister Elena passed Kestrel the last glass jar and Kestrel closed the cabinet door. Snape looked around the large walk-in closet, at the counter that lined the back with several drawers that without a doubt held a variety of knives, vials, aprons, and such, at the cabinets that were everywhere, that touched the roof, and at the way that dust covered most of the cabinets.

"I haven't been in here a long time. I'll have to clean up a bit... check the ingredients."

He looked over at Kestrel, who was standing in front of a six-foot tall cabinet, holding the door open and shifting through the fourth shelf up while dancing from left to right on tiptoe. Her cap was still pulled low over her face and the ponytail snapped back and forth as she leaped up to snatch a view of the fifth and sixth shelf. Someone touched his elbow and he jerked around, hand already halfway to his wand. Sister Elena arched an eyebrow and he loosened his tensed muscles.

"She's adorable, isn't she?"

"Brilliant, yes. Annoying, definitely. Adorable, not quite." He swept out of the room and Sister Elena followed.

"She is your student. You care for her."

"I do that for everyone." Snape rolled his eyes to the ceiling. "I've done it more for Potter than anyone else."

"You care? Funny, I heard that you were a brilliant but uncaring bastard. Excuse my boldness and language."

He looked over at her, at her contrite but knowing face, and sighed.

"Have you ever heard of a serious accident in my classes from her?"

"No."

"That is what I do. I am harsh with them so they refrain from doing one of their stupid mistakes."

"She's never made a mistake, has she?"

"She has a brilliant mind. She is better than Granger at Potions and has her connections. It would have taken Granger far longer to find even three ingredients of the potion I sent her to make. Don't make me admit it again."

Sister Elena watched him sweep down the hall and up another flight of stairs before smiling and retreating back to the closet, where Kestrel was floating around the tenth shelf, cap tossed on the floor and messy, tangled hair skimming the space between her shoulders. She watched her float back down and brush her hands off on her jeans before sitting down in a stool and looking up at the nun.

"He's not as terrible as you made him out to be."

Kestrel snorted. "No, he's worse."

"He's polite."

"Oh? He is? Funny, I thought that calling someone a 'dunderhead' and 'idiotic chit' was insulting. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe I just temporarily lost my mind, yes?"

"Has he insulted you while he's been here?"

Kestrel blinked and then, wonderingly, shook her head. Sister Elena looked triumphant and Kestrel turned around in the stool to stare at the counter top and plant her hands there in front of her.

"He is a brilliant man, isn't he?" Kestrel nodded vaguely. "Polite." She nodded again. "Caring." Nothing. "Knows his stuff." She nodded. "Handsome..." Kestrel's eyes closed and then slammed open again in horror.

"What?"

"Nothing."

She rubbed her face.

"I need sleep. If you want me, you know where to find me."

Sister Elena watched her leave and she shook her head. They even dealt with problems in the same manner: they both ran and hid.

****

I love this woman. I'm sorry, but this is best. Female conniving Albus... tee hee!
-Mel

To Travel Through Time: Part One: Chronos Taxiclevo Filtro by Melvacaea [Reviews - 2]

<< >>

Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Copyright © 2003-2007 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved