Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
SS/OC

To Travel Through Time: Part One: Chronos Taxiclevo Filtro by Melvacaea [Reviews - 2]

<< >>

Would you like to submit a review?

Trickie Woo, wytchcat, and zafania for the stellar reviews! Trickie, I really, really, really didn't need to be reminded about that. *wince* Is that my punishment? *wince*

Bridge (or transition) chapter, I'm afraid. Next one's great though, new character. (You NEED to read this! Just to get an idea of how everything looks).
****
~5~Arrival~


She was awoken early in the morning by her Head of House and found that the elves had packed for her. There was a mint on her table which she popped into her mouth before she showered and used her favorite scent -- crocus -- before stepping out and dressing in a flamboyant dirndl skirt with a belt of gold coins that tinkled when she walked, a long-sleeved peasant white blouse, a pair of sandals, and an anklet with two gold bells. Hair pulled away from her face by a bandanna, she gazed at her reflection in the mirror while slipping on the bangles.

Kestrel's face and body held no obvious Grecian features. Her nose though, was Grecian: straight as the crow flies and proud. Her hair, when not tamed by a spell, was wavy and slightly curly and gave her a gypsy-like look, which was exactly what she was going for now. Slipping in the large hoops that had been a gift from a gypsy leader long ago, she made her way outside quietly, noting with pleasure that she had only taken one hour. Constantine and Sebastian sat on the sofa, Sebastian's arm thrown easily over Constantine's shoulders.

She ruffled their hair and they hugged each other for a moment before she exited the Gryffindor tower and made her way to the Entrance Hall. He was waiting for her with McGonagall and the Headmaster. Several people turned to look and she saw the Golden Trio staring after her, Granger whispering furiously. Once she stood beside them, McGonagall pointed to where the trunks were -- just outside the Apparation point.

"You do know how to Apparate and Disapparate?" Snape asked witheringly.

"I have my license," she bit out.

"Good. Let's go then."

She watched him stride towards the lake and she turned to her mentors. From the predawn sky fell a ball of white: Vivere. The owl ruffled her wings and Kestrel swallowed deeply before her Head of House enveloped her briefly. Kestrel hugged her back in the silence of the early morning.

"Remember, Miss Rivera, that Professor Snape is not all reformed Death Eater and anger-prone Potions Master."

"Yes, Professor."

"If you have need of anything..." Minerva started.

"I know," she whispered, turning around and watching Snape's figure get smaller and smaller. Then, she followed.

****
From the Gryffindor boys' room window, four faces peered out. Constantine, Sebastian, and the other two dorm mates.

"Where's she going?" one asked.

"Greece," her friends said morosely in unison.

"With Snape? For what?"

"Her potion. You know, to become his apprentice," Sebastian said, not tearing his gaze from the figures now in the boat that was crossing the lake.

"She's lost it, hasn't she?"

"I fancy she has."

"If anyone wants us, we'll be in the Room of Requirement," Constantine said.

"Knock first. We don't want to pervert your innocent minds," Sebastian finished sarcastically.

****
"Do you have a photo of -- where we are going?"

"Yes." She bent down and revealed a false bottom in her trunk. Pulling out the flat drawer, she revealed a large, rectangular thing covered in brown packing paper. "It's not strictly a photo though."

She grasped it with both hands and let the paper fall away to reveal a painting of a house. No, a mansion. It sat on the flat top of a high, grassy hill, catching the light of the sun. There were four white columns in front, holding up the outcrop of beautifully sculpted red concrete roof. The rest of the house was white, with climbing ivy crawling up the columns and sides of the house. There was a smaller version of the mansion next to it, with only two columns.

"What is this place?"

"Ilios ek arthro Akron."

He thought for a moment. "Sun of the Summit?"

She nodded with a slight smile on her face.

"This is the Apparation Point." Her finger hit a spot that held a dot of yellow. "Just think of facing the house from here with a crocus at your feet."

"I passed my Apparation test a long time ago, Miss Rivera."

She stiffened and nodded, packing the painting away and taking a hold of her trunk. She watched Snape Disapparate before closing her eyes and imagining herself and her trunk there, in front of the crocus set with a protective barrier for the hapless Apparitioner. She landed face-down in the grass and she closed her eyes as she released her trunk. She pushed herself up and tilted her face upwards, to receive the burst of sunlight. The grass was wet -- it had rained -- and there was the crocus, bright yellow as always and happy to receive her. Vivere hooted next to her. She stood up and straightened her trunk before she took a deep breath, lifted her chin, and opened her eyes.

****
A sort of cliffy... Descriptions next chapter.
Warning: teensy-weensy itty-bitty bit of angst in chapter seven. Just a mention. Nothing graphic or anything, just relating a part of Kestrel's past.
Thanks for everything! (I'm a good girl! *cheers*)
-Mel

To Travel Through Time: Part One: Chronos Taxiclevo Filtro by Melvacaea [Reviews - 2]

<< >>

Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Copyright © 2003-2007 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved