Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
SS/OC

The Conference by Melvacaea [Reviews - 4]

<< >>

Would you like to submit a review?

This chapter includes a semi-OoC Severus. I'm sorry but I couldn't find any other way to do it. If my darling reviewers have any ideas, I'd really appreciate it. I get creeped out every time I read Severus in this chapter.
****
Chapter Seventeen: In the Name of Trust

Mara dried her hair furiously with a towel, bringing the thick mass of wet curls up and down and up again. By the time she woke up, it'd be terribly straight again and she reveled in these moments of volume. She had slipped on a polyester nightgown that ended above her knees. It was light blue with a small, white flower design that appeared to be a painting and left little to the imagination thanks to the way it flowed around her curves and braless bosom. She tossed herself into the bed gracelessly and stared at the ceiling, spreadeagled. Then, a prick on her finger alerted her of a problem and she, in vast annoyance, Flooed to the dungeons. She ducked barely in time to avoid the champagne glass that was thrown at her head.

"God damn it!" he roared and Mara looked up into his furious eyes. He looked like a man possessed.

"Snape, what the hell–"

"What are you doing here?" he hissed through his teeth and Mara blinked.

"The ring, it –"

"Don't give me that lame excuse. You're here for more, aren't you? Aren't you?"

"More? More what?"

"Don't play innocent with me!" His yell shook the vials where they sat and he slammed her into the wall, ignoring her squeal. "You think that you can stand there and act as if you didn't take anything! You knew, you knew, you bitch!"

"You're hurting me!"

"You killed her right before me and you didn't care! You think that I wasn't going to extract revenge?"

He slammed her against the wall and Mara gave a cry of pain as fire shot through her spine. It was over in seconds. Her hand flew up and slapped Severus' face, causing him to pause. An amazed look crossed his face and he stared at her in fright. There were tears caressing Mara's cheeks and she felt him release her shoulders, stepping back with a shaky intake of breath.

"Mara."

"What the hell is wrong with you, Severus Snape?" she yelled at him through her tears.

He seemed scared, frightened, appalled at himself.

"Mara... oh my God..." he whispered.

She sniffled and frowned at him.

"What was that all about?" she asked, touching her back tenderly. There was anger in her eyes.

"It... I... I thought you were... ye gods..." he breathed. Mara's frown deepened and then she recognized the signs of possession.

Instantly, she leaped into action. She took his stunned hand and led him to a chair, which she pushed him into. She searched for the bathroom and after finding it, arrived at his side with a wet cloth. She pressed it to his forehead, sweeping the sweaty hair out of his face. She reached for the buttons of his coat and managed to unbutton five of the black, round, pesky things when she saw the gold and emerald amulet around his neck. It shone brightly and she saw a symbol etched onto the emerald. She reached behind his neck and unclasped it, letting it clink onto the table, and watched dawn cross his face.

"Mara?"

"It's me," she whispered, curling up in his lap as he extended his arms to her and caressed his face.

She watched him take a deep intake of breath. "I apologize." His voice was steely, but there was a faint crack in it. "I can understand if you don't trust me." He was trying to ignore the fact that she had just crawled into his arms.

"It wasn't your fault. Someone took control of your necklace."

"The amulet." He looked around for it and a familiar scowl graced those lips. "Malfoy."

"What happened? What was all that about?"

He seemed to finally completely process the fact that she was in his lap and wearing a delectable nightgown at that. He blinked and raked her curled up figure with his eyes. She smiled at him and he wrapped his arms tighter around her, pressing her closer against him.

"Bellatrix Black. She... killed someone close to me once to get to me. She wanted to marry me."

"This was before she became Lestrange," Mara said.

"Yes." He leaned back and stared at the ceiling. "I killed her in the war. The words you heard me say today were the exact same words I said to her on the battlefield. That amulet was the victim's."

"The person you cared about?"

"Yes. It belonged to her. Draco Malfoy sent it to me and he must have cursed it. Damn."

There was a silence as she laid her head against his chest and he inhaled her scent – jasmine and moonflowers – deeply.

"What was her name?"

"Marina."

She looked up at him and smiled.

"How can you possibly trust me after everything I've done?" he groaned.

"Because you've spent your life repenting for it. I'll be your friend, Severus, to help you trust me."

She kissed his cheek and he buried his face in her hair. They spent the night like that: one delicate hand upon his softly rising and falling chest and one large hand curving her buttocks.

****
Can you say horrible? Help!
-Mel

The Conference by Melvacaea [Reviews - 4]

<< >>

Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Copyright © 2003-2007 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved