Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
SS/OC

The Conference by Melvacaea [Reviews - 3]

<< >>

Would you like to submit a review?

****
Chapter Eight: Reminded in Silence

She was working in silence on the other side of the room, brushing her bottom lip with the tip of her quill. Then, she bent over her paper and scribbled something in a margin, a frown marring her pert features. He watched her from the bookcase, fingers brushing the spine of one book. In irritation, he yanked it away and turned his gaze to the pages of the book. The picture of the most essential ingredient to the Wolfsbane Potion gazed back up at him and he gave a sound of annoyance. Mara looked over at him and then turned back to her work. He fell into his own chair and opened the book, leaning back lazily and propping his feet up on the desk. He had succeeded in blocking her out.

****

He was reading the book peacefully, feet propped up on his almost completely empty desk, showing that he wore black boots. One finger of his right hand traced lazy circles on the spine of the book and the other had the thumb rubbing soft ovals over the pads of his index and middle fingers. It was almost mesmerizing. She turned her eyes back to her parchment, littered with notes and comments. With a scowl firmly in place, she continued, ignoring the relaxed professor on the other side of the room. A memory hit her full force now, an aftereffect of the words from the book he had read.

"They won't know who you are, Mara. One, you stopped in 1974: these kids weren't even born then. Two: you were known as 'Margie' to the general population, not Mara Alexandria. I'll ask Dumbledore to not reveal your middle name."

"But, Rem, I don't want to!"

"Why not?" The soft voice of her cousin, pleading, broke through her selfishness. Tears in her eyes, she turned away from him.

"Damn it, Rem. I'll do it. But you owe me. Big time. There's a reason as to why I haven't shown my face to society and hidden here in your house. If anyone recognizes me, I'm out of there."

And what do you know, Snape runs across a book where she appeared and he just happened to be alive at that time. She growled in frustration and stood up, rubbing the bottom of her tired eyes. She didn't see Snape watching her from under hooded eyes, curious as to what she was going to do.

She browsed his bookshelf and took out the current copy of the seventh year DADA book. Severus turned his dark look back to the book, but he didn't read this time.

"Goddamn it, Marina," Severus gasped. "What are you doing to me?"

The redhead stopped her ministrations and let her tongue run its way up his thigh, up his stomach, his chest, neck, cheek, all the way to his lips. "Seducing you."

"You're damn good at it."

When she pushed him down onto the bed, he didn't protest. He could do this now. He had no fucking Wolfsbane Potion to worry about, no virginity to keep.


Eyes smoldering in anger, he stood up as well and then heard a sniff. His head turned to look at the woman who was currently sniffing the air suspiciously. Then, she growled again.

"Remus and Hermione are at it. How many days till full moon night?"

"Seven."

"Hmph." She opened the door and listened. That's when Snape heard it, from two stories above. A possessive growling and a persistent moaning. Then:

"Mine. Mine."

"Remus... oh, gods, Remus!"

"Mine!"


Severus looked over at the werewolf's cousin, who was looking delightfully revolted.

"They weren't at it last night. Apparently, a werewolf's sex drive becomes heightened one week before full moon. I never did notice that."

"How did you know that they were..."

"I've lived with him since 1977. When he wasn't married to Hermione, he'd bring himself o - ah, damn. Don't you dare tell him I told you that or you're a dead man." She saw the smirk on his face and the malicious glint in his eyes. "Suffice to say, I've learned what a werewolf's semen smells like and it is strong. Can't you smell it?"

Severus had indeed noticed the sharp smell in the room, but had dismissed for the leftovers of a potion gone awry.

"So that is what I have been smelling since he married Granger."

"Hm, brilliant deduction, Professor. Blast it, I won't be able to go to my rooms tonight. That smell lasts for days, especially on the perpetrator." She closed the door. "I'll just... go to Hermione's room. Good night, Professor."

"Good bye, Alexandria. I shall see you tomorrow."

When he turned his back, she was staring at him incredulously. You will? Then, shaking her head, she packed her things, left a copy of what she had up till now on the table, and walked out of the dungeons.

****
Here it is! Read, review! Read, review!
Oh, and: Next chapter: Hogsmeade weekend! Who are the fourth year chaperones?
-Mel

The Conference by Melvacaea [Reviews - 3]

<< >>

Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Copyright © 2003-2007 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved