Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
SS/OC

Highly Improbable by Vocalion [Reviews - 7]

<< >>

Would you like to submit a review?

HIGHLY IMPROBABLE


Chapter 23: Bella Notte



*~~~*~~~*


Side by side with your loved one,
You'll find enchantment here.
The night will weave its magic spell,
When the one you love is near.



*~~~*~~~*


Eager for his holiday celebration with Clancy to begin, Snape was the first to arrive in the staffroom for the annual faculty Hogmanay party. He watched as a crew of house-elves bustled about setting up the buffet along one side of the room. Deciding to retreat to the dungeons until more teachers arrived, he deposited his wool scarf and heavy coat on a chair near the door, then exited the room.

A short time later, Peeves glided through to supervise the last-minute preparations. Always up for a fresh bit of mischief, the poltergeist breezed about waiting for inspiration to strike. At last, it did. Peeves spied Snape's coat and noticed a thermos protruding from one of the pockets. He floated closer to investigate.

"A sip of the grape for Professor Snape?" he surmised. Removing the lid, he took a whiff. "Hot cocoa on Hogmanay? Dear me, no, this won't do at all!" Transporting the thermos across the room, Peeves dumped its contents out of the window. Noting the large bowl resting on the sideboard, the spirit began ladling rum punch into the container, then stopped when he discovered a bottle of Ogden's Old Firewhisky inside the glass-fronted hutch above. "Just for good measure," he chortled, as he added it to the mixture. Satisfied with a job well done, Peeves replaced his little surprise back into Snape's coat pocket.

By the time Snape returned, the room had filled considerably and the festivities were well underway. Searching for Clancy, he spotted her chatting with Professors Lupin, Flitwick, and Madam Hooch near the buffet. He approached them.

"Bless the house-elves!" Minerva McGonagall sang out as she helped herself to the fare. "They've prepared my favorite--Neeps and Tatties!"

"I'm partial to them, myself," Clancy said, smiling directly at Snape as he joined her. He shot her a stern look of warning. Excusing herself to her colleagues, she wandered over to the window with Snape at her heels.

"Let's be off," Snape ordered impatiently.

"We've only just arrived. Everyone will think we're being rude," Clancy protested.

"I ceased caring long ago what anyone thinks. And, I'll thank you to maintain a higher level of propriety when we are together in public. Neeps and Tatties, indeed!"

"I thought you just said you didn't care what anyone thinks. No one knew what I was referring to, anyway. Stop being so prudish!"

"You will find me far from prudish if this evening proceeds in the direction that I am anticipating."

"You're rather sure of yourself, aren't you, Severus?"

"Yes, frankly, I am--in light of the fact that you're staring at my frock coat buttons, again."

"Was I?" Clancy responded indifferently.

"Which reminds me," Snape continued. "I'm...wearing them."

"You're wearing what?"

"Those ostentatious socks."

"They're not ostentatious at all," Clancy insisted. "If I hadn't thought they were stylish and in good taste, I never would have selected them."

"You seem to have selected me and I am not particularly stylish. It leads me to question your judgment."

"I frequently question my judgment in regard to you, as well!"

"What, precisely, is that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing. When I'm hungry, I grow irritable. I'm going to go grab a quick bite to eat."

"Don't," Snape directed, restraining her by the arm. "I've already arranged for us to dine elsewhere. Now, are you ready to leave?"

"Yes, I suppose so, but can't I at least grab a handful of nuts?"

Snape glared at her reprovingly. "I'm warning you--"

"I meant from the buffet, naturally. Really, Severus, your lack of propriety in public is shocking!" Clancy chided.

"Where is your coat?" he snapped.

"I placed it on the chair next to yours along with the rest of my things."

"Fine. I'll retrieve them while you pay a brief visit to the buffet." Snape strode over to the chair while Clancy crossed over to the snacks and helped herself to a small plate. After putting on his coat, scarf, and gloves, Snape collected Clancy's belongings, then swept across the room impatiently to deliver them to her. He joined her as she was making her goodbyes to Lupin, Flitwick and Hooch. "I see you found the nuts," he observed darkly.

"Well, really, dear fellow!" Flitwick squeaked.

Hooch and Lupin exchanged amused glances.

"I realize it is out of your direct line of vision, Filius," Snape explained testily, glancing down at the tiny wizard, "but I was referring to Clancy's buffet selection, not to present company."

Snape helped Clancy on with her coat, then handed her her purse and mittens. She glanced about the room, concerned. "Severus, have you seen my muff?"

Hooch and Lupin dribbled their rum punch directly on Flitwick's head. Snape addressed Clancy evenly, with forced nonchalance. "I beg your pardon?"

"You know," Clancy continued brightly, "that little furry thing of mine where you placed your hand to keep it warm that night you took me for a sleigh ride."

Hooch and Lupin broke into hysterics as poor Flitwick darted away to avoid another soaking. Clancy, at last, came to realize her unintentional double entendre. She joined in their laughter as Snape stood by idly waiting for the embarrassing moment to pass. "Oh, here it is!" Clancy exclaimed, pulling the muff out of her bag. "I had it with me the whole time!"

"I will wait for you in the entry hall," Snape informed her measuredly, barely moving his lips. "I suggest you hurry along before I change my mind." Enraged, he strode angrily out the door. Clancy bid her friends goodbye, then followed him.

Hooch downed the last of her drink and shook her head in bewilderment. "What does Clancy see in an arse like Snape?" she remarked to Lupin.

"Rolanda, I'm the wrong person to ask. Women are a complete mystery to me-- Muggles and witches alike. A large number of them seem to be attracted to dark, brooding, complicated men."

"Well, I think you'd be a much better match for her, Remus, than that colossal prat."

"Clancy and I are very good friends, nothing more. Women seem to like a challenge; they seek out a man with flaws so they can have the fun of trying to improve him." Lupin swallowed the remainder of his punch, then sighed in frustration. "That's the story of my life, I'm afraid--I'm just too damn normal."


*~~~*~~~*


Catching up to Snape, Clancy said, "Why are you so upset? It was a silly, harmless mistake. I didn't realize what I was saying. You unwittingly offended Filius with your remark about the nuts, but if I embarrassed you, I'm sorry."

"You seem to take fiendish delight in making me look like a nincompoop!"

"You do an excellent job of that all by yourself! You don't need any help from me! Besides, if anything, my remark doubtless improved your reputation."

"I have no reputation!"

"My point, exactly. Now, are we going to try to enjoy this evening or aren't we?"

"That depends entirely upon your conduct," Snape muttered curtly.

"I promise to be good--until you tell me otherwise."

Snape led Clancy out the door and they walked a distance until they came upon a horse and sleigh. Hagrid was there to greet them. "Everythin's ready, jus' like you wanted, Professor Snape. The house-elves fixed yer dinner hamper and it's there on the seat."

"Thank you, Hagrid." Snape helped Clancy into the sleigh, and they were off.

Clancy couldn't take her eyes off of the shiny, milk-white horse and its long silky mane. Draped across his back was a thick feathery blanket that shimmered and sparkled in the moonlight. "What a magnificent creature -- much nicer than the last horse. But, still, this is just another sleigh ride and a basket dinner. I thought you were going to plan something romantic and very special to surprise me."

"I suggest that you withhold judgment until the end of the evening. Would you care to take the reins?" Without giving Clancy time to decide, Snape slipped them into her hands. "Just give them a flick and say 'up'."

"I don't know much about horses," Clancy confessed, "but don't you mean 'giddyup'?"

"Try it my way, first."

"Up!" Clancy instructed, flicking the reins lightly.

The horse's pace increased from a walk to a trot, and then a canter gallop within a matter of moments. The blanket on his back rustled, then unfolded down the center. Clancy gaped in disbelief when she realized that the blanket was actually a pair of large feathered wings! "Oh, Severus, it's PEGASUS!" she squealed, as the sleigh rose upward into the sky.

"Well," Snape confirmed casually, "that isn't his name, but he is a direct descendent. I hired him for the evening just to please you. Does this qualify as 'romantic'?"

"Beyond anything that I could have imagined." Clancy handed the reins over to Snape, then flung her arms about his neck. "Thank you, Severus." Smoothing his hair behind his ear, she kissed him lightly on the temple. "Just one thing," she whispered.

"Yes?"

"Could you apply a Warming Charm again? I'm freezing."

"Of course." Withdrawing his wand, Snape applied the charm, heating the inside of the sleigh.

"What about the dementors?" Clancy wondered. "Aren't we traveling too far away from the castle?"

"We're heading north, well away from where the dementors are searching for Black. A flying horse is much swifter than a dementor, anyway. You needn't worry."

"Where are you taking me?"

"You'll know soon enough."

Snuggling against Snape, she sighed contentedly. "Live your life, Clancy--and enjoy the ride!"

"Hmm?"

"That's what Aunt Hilly wrote in the letter I found in her hatbox after she passed away. If she could only see us now!"

"What do you suppose she'd think?"

"I'm sure she'd be very happy."

They flew on, gliding smoothly through the air as the stars twinkled in the heavens and the moon illuminated the snow-covered hills below.

"Doesn't this moonlight give you any ideas?" Clancy hinted to Snape.

"Such as?"

"Such as finally getting around to kissing me?"

"Isn't it traditional on Hogmanay to wait until the stroke of midnight when the bells ring?"

"Propriety in public, observing traditions," Clancy rattled off in annoyance. "PHOOEY!" She folded her arms in disgust as Snape pretended to concentrate intently on handling the sleigh. With a sidelong glance, he studied her, waiting to see what she would do next.

"Close your eyes," she directed.

"Why?"

"Don't argue, just do as I say, for once." Snape closed his eyes. "Now, don't peek!" Reaching inside her bag, Clancy located the Summoning Bell and tinkled it gently.

"You rang?" Snape asked flatly without opening his eyes.

"You really can hear it, can't you?"

"Obviously. Why did you ring it? I told you that the bell is only to be used if you are in danger or if you have desperate need of me."

"I realize that; I was only conducting a test. Besides, I wasn't really summoning you, because you're already here!"

"Was that the only reason you rang the Bell--merely to conduct a test?"

"You never have been too bright, have you?"

The skies clouded and a light snow began to fall. Snape thought of another way to impress Clancy. He withdrew his wand. "Suggest a word," he told her.

"What for?"

"Never mind what for, just suggest a word."

"What kind of word?"

"Any word, or a phrase," he snarled, growing impatient.

"CRASSITUDE!"

"How charming. Is that the word you've selected or shall I interpret that as self-analysis of your intellectual shortcomings?"

"Very funny."

"Can't you suggest a more aesthetic word or phrase?"

"All right. Let's see how clever you are with anagrams-- and believe me, I'll keep my expectations low." Clancy thought for a moment. "Try this: Wise monks."

"Wise monks?" Snape repeated. "That will do, I suppose." He pointed his wand toward a flurry of snowflakes. "Prepare to be amazed."

"What are you going to do--reprise your act as The Great Snapini?"

With a cocky smirk, Snape began making elaborate flourishes with his wand as if he were writing with a quill. In the sky directly ahead, snowflakes fell downward, shifted, then gathered together spelling out "wise monks'.

"That is rather impressive," Clancy admitted.

"Rather impressive?" he huffed. "I'd like to see any of your former Muggle beaus try to do that."

"Quite impressive, then. As for my former Muggle beaus, they comprised a very short list. Most of them couldn't even spell 'wise monks', let alone write it in snowflakes."

Clancy's disclosure seemed to please Snape and she noted his self-satisfied expression. "How about solving my anagram before your back begins aching from taking so many bows?"

"It's only nine letters," Snape boasted. "How difficult could it be?"

"Solving it is simple; the complexity begins when the words are put into action. Give it a go," she challenged. With a few more waves of his wand, Snape rearranged "wise monks" into "some winks". Clancy shook her head disparagingly. "Try again. Here's a clue: It creates a three-word phrase."

Striving to mask his disdain for her folly, Snape continued flicking his wand turning "some winks" into "mess, I know".

"I'm afraid you're not even close." Clancy informed him. "This is your last chance. The first word is four letters and begins with K, the second word is two letters, and the third word ends in W."

Again, Snape waved his wand. He smiled, then turned to face her. "Is this the correct phrase?"

"Congratulations."

Snape was on to her little game. After a moment of awkward silence, he said, "You wouldn't care to speak the words aloud, would you?"

Clancy leaned in closer to Snape. "Shall I?" she asked softly.

Snape positioned his mouth nearer to hers. "If you wish."

"Kiss me...now."

Barely brushing against her lips, Snape hesitated, uncertain whether to proceed or back away. Clancy placed one hand behind his neck, encouraging him to continue. Clumsily, he intensified the kiss as their hearts beat as rapidly as the wings of the horse pulling them through the winter sky.

Much to Clancy's delight, Snape's skills improved markedly over the course of the next half hour. And, to his great relief, Clancy seemed to approve wholeheartedly of his experimentation.

"You were right, you know," she murmured against his eyebrow.

"You're actually...conceding...that I was...right about something?" Snape managed between kisses.

"Mmm," Clancy confirmed dreamily, resting her head upon his shoulder. "Do you remember what you said to me directly after we came out of that shrubbery in the Forbidden Forest?"

"At present," he mumbled, adjusting her chin to nibble her neck, "I can barely remember my own name. Suppose you remind me." Snape transferred his attention to her ear.

"Remind you of...what?" Clancy breathed distractedly.

"Of...what I...said...when we--"

"Ouch!"

"Sorry. Did I accidentally bite you?"

"Yes. And, next time, Severus, promise me that you'll do it on purpose."

Their lips met once more as the moon peeped out from behind the clouds. A bright moonbeam reflected off of the silver hinges of the dinner hamper reminding Snape to concentrate on the rest of the evening's plans. He broke off their kiss, and Clancy watched as Snape reanimated the snowflakes to continue their journey to the earth below.

"Tell me, what was it I was right about?" Snape asked.

"You said, and I quote, 'If I were ever to favor you with a kiss, you would doubtless remember the experience as the supreme highpoint of your otherwise dull life'."

"And, it was?"

"It was!" Clancy confirmed readily.

With a proud smile, Snape puffed out his chest. "Down!" he commanded the horse, and the sleigh began a smooth descent toward a secluded glen. As they neared the ground, he surveyed the terrain and spotted a waterfall cascading into a rocky woodland pool. The sleigh touched lightly on the snow and the horse folded back its wings. Soon, they arrived at the location Snape had selected and he halted the sleigh near the water's edge. All was still, save for the rushing of the water flowing over the falls.

"What a magical place you've found!" Clancy marveled, drinking in the scenery. Icicles shimmered like delicate crystal from the tree branches, and rivulets of water threaded paths through the icy pond.

"Everything I do is magical. I would think that you would be quite used to it by now," Snape responded smugly. "Let's see what the house-elves prepared for our dinner." He handed the hamper to Clancy.

Lifting up the lid, she frowned. "Doll furniture?"

"Give me a moment." Snape removed the tiny objects then stepped out of the sleigh. Clancy watched him, wondering what he was about to do. Snape walked a short distance then aimed his wand at the ground. He turned, making a complete circle, and as he did so, the snow melted away exposing the bare earth below. Arranging the items in the center, he applied an Engorgement Charm. The furniture enlarged, filling the space with a round table and two chairs. A checkered tablecloth appeared along with a candle. "Incendio!" Snape directed, and the wick produced a flame.

Returning to Clancy, Snape extended his arm to help her from the sleigh, then reached for the hamper. "I shall escort you to our private dining room. And, don't worry--it's well heated."

Once they were seated, Snape suggested, "See what else the hamper contains. I instructed the house-elves to create an American dish for you. I hope it will be to your liking."

Clancy discovered two plates with insulated covers. Removing the lids, she smiled questioningly. "Spaghetti and meatballs?"

"You're disappointed." Snape twisted his napkin nervously underneath the table.

"Not at all!" Clancy assured him. "America is a melting pot...I mean, cauldron of different cultures. Spaghetti and meatballs is just as American as any other cuisine. It's perfect, really!"

As they began to dine, Clancy became quite unnerved by the way Snape stared at her. His gaze was electrifying, invasive, yet so very endearing that she grew self-conscious and developed the giggles. "This is the night and the heavens are bright, on this lovely bella notte!" she crooned.

"Must you spoil my evening with your levity and your miserable vocalizing?"

"Forgive me for spoiling 'your' evening. You almost had me convinced that this was our evening."

"Perhaps I was too harsh. It's just that whenever you laugh, I'm never certain if you're laughing at me or at some private joke of your own."

"Let me attempt to clarify it for you: If you're behaving rationally, then you may assume that I am laughing at a private joke. If you've just done something completely inane, then you may rightfully assume that I am laughing at you. As for what prompted my laughter a moment ago, this little scenario made me feel as though we were Lady and the Tramp."

Snape's fist tightened around his fork. "Are you calling me a TRAMP?" he demanded angrily.

"No, Severus. Lady and the Tramp is an animated Muggle film about two dogs who fall in love. It was one of Aunt Hilly's favorites."

"Dogs do not fall in love," he protested, calming a bit.

"Oh, no? Well, then where do puppies come from?"

Snape heaved a sigh of disgust. "Your logic escapes me. Puppies are the result of the natural instinct of two canines to mate; love is not a factor."

"Is love a factor for you, Severus?" Clancy asked coyly.

How in the name of Merlin did we get on to this topic? Snape wondered. The success of this evening may hinge on how I answer her question. Surely I have provided her with enough proof of my feelings. Must I declare them aloud like some simpering schoolboy? "Love is an eternal mystery that no one can solve. So much so, in fact, that it is studied in the Department of Mysteries at the Ministry of Magic." Snape gave Clancy a crooked half-smile, certain that his statement would satisfy her.

"Then, by your own admission, you are not an expert on love and can present no solid evidence that dogs cannot feel the emotion just as strongly as humans."

Snape was losing ground. "So, Lady and the Tramp was one of Aunt Hilly's favorite films, you say?" he asked, feigning interest in a desperate attempt to change the subject.

"She considered it to be one of the greatest love stories of all time. It held a very special place in her heart."

"Did it indeed?"

"Yes," Clancy prattled on, oblivious to the fact that Snape was not really interested in a lengthy dissertation on their aunt's taste in Muggle films. "There's a scene in which the dogs are served dinner at a table similar to this one in an alley behind an Italian restaurant. Two waiters serenade them while they're eating spaghetti and meatballs. The dogs gobble up opposite ends of the same noodle, then their lips meet and they kiss!"

Snape stabbed distractedly at a meatball wondering whether Clancy's story actually had a point. "Aunt Hilly considered that a great love story?" he inquired dubiously.

"She most certainly did, and I'll tell you why: On her 64th birthday, Uncle Ziggy rented the film to surprise her. I prepared spaghetti and meatballs for dinner as part of the gag. While we were dining, Uncle Ziggy placed one end of a long noodle in his mouth then went over to Aunt Hilly and placed the other end in hers. They slurped it up, kissed, and laughed like the dickens!"

Folding his arms, Snape regarded Clancy carefully. "I refuse to do it."

"Do what?"

"Share a noodle with you."

"I wouldn't dream of suggesting it. Now, will you allow me to finish my story?"

Snape grimaced. "There's more?"

"As I was saying, they laughed so hard that Uncle Ziggy decided to keep the gag going. He lowered his head down to his plate and pushed a meatball across the table to her with his nose! Later that night, they had the wildest sex of their entire lives!"

"I am shocked that Aunt Hilly would reveal such intimacies to you."

"She didn't," Clancy returned candidly. "I lived right next door to them and they left their window open!"

Pushing his plate away, Snape grumbled, "I believe my appetite has been ruined." He rummaged through the hamper searching for a beverage. "The house-elves neglected to pack anything for us to drink. I brought a thermos of hot cocoa along, but I am afraid that it wouldn't mix well with spaghetti."

"That's all right. We can melt some snow in our mouths." Clancy rose and reached outside the circle to collect a handful of the soft white powder. Forming it into two marble-sized balls, she fed one to Snape. "Scoot your chair back a bit," she told him. As he did, she sat on his lap and popped the other bite of snow into her own mouth then moved closer to kiss him. Sensations of hot and cold intermingled as the icy particles dissolved against their tongues.

"Severus?"

"Hmm?"

"How adventurous are you?"

"In regard to what?"

"I was wondering..."

"Yes?"

"If you can cast a Warming Charm to heat a circle of earth, can the same charm be used to heat water?"

"It requires a different incantation, but otherwise, it works in the same way. Why?"

"Suppose we take a little dip in the pond au naturel?"

Snape needed very little time to reach a decision. "I am not entirely averse to the suggestion," he replied coolly, prying Clancy off of his lap. He rose and with lightning speed extinguished the candle, gathered their dinner back into the hamper, then shrank the furniture. "Wait here," he told her. Bounding toward the sleigh, Snape heaved the hamper onto the seat, then bolted down to the water. He touched the tip of his wand to the surface of the pool and steam began to rise as the ice melted away.

Returning to the circle, Snape scooped up Clancy in his arms then reversed the Warming Charm before carrying her back to the sleigh. "We will undress here to keep warm and make a dash into the water. Is that acceptable?"

Nodding, Clancy slipped out of her coat and mittens while Snape removed his own. There she stood, at last, facing those frock coat buttons that had been tantalizing her for more than a year! Mesmerized by the Potions master and the moonlight, she walked her fingers slowly up his chest from one button to the next until she reached his collar.

Snape watched Clancy curiously as she tried to unfasten the top button. "Stubborn little thing," she complained.

"Suppose I arrange for you to practice undressing me another time," Snape suggested. "I'm rather eager for our swim."

"I'm rather eager myself, but I hadn't planned on swimming."

They grinned at each other foolishly for a few moments before Snape said, "Allow me to hurry things along." He magically removed his frockcoat, shirt, boots, and socks, then pointed his wand at Clancy. "May I?"

"Please do," she answered, and with one masterful flick, all of Clancy's clothing fell away.

"You're still wearing your trousers, you know," Clancy reminded Snape, as she began fiddling with the button on the waistband. She stopped abruptly. "Oh, no you don't. You're never going to accuse me again of taking off your trousers. You can manage them magically, as well." She gave Snape a promising kiss, then sprinted quickly into the water until she was submerged up to her neck. Snape tore off his trousers and underwear as one flinging them carelessly over the far side of the sleigh in his haste to join her. He waded out to meet her in the center of the pond, placing his wand safely on a rocky ledge nearby.

"Severus, you surprise me," Clancy complimented Snape as they embraced. "Underneath your pose of propriety and all those maddening buttons, you have the makings of a hedonist."

He kissed her hungrily as the heat of the water sheltered them from the night's chill. Cradling Clancy in his arms, Snape rocked her back and forth creating a gentle current, as they moved closer to the waterfall. "I bewitched the fall to turn warm the moment it flows into the pond."

"Severus, you're wonderful," Clancy sighed. "This is truly romance beyond measure." She smiled at him lovingly and noted a softness in his expression that she had never seen before. They resumed kissing with even greater ardor until Snape found the courage to become a bit more uninhibited with his hands. No sooner had he found what he was seeking, than the moment was shattered by the sound of gunfire and the barking of a dog. Snape tensed and reached for his wand.

"Remain still," he whispered to Clancy, before muttering an incantation.

"What are you doing?"

"I've applied a Disillusionment Charm to the horse. If a Muggle spots it, he will see a plain horse and not a flying one." They heard a man's voice calling a dog, followed by the sound of footsteps slushing through the snow.

"Come along, Rory," the man said as he neared the pond. The dog fixed his eyes on the horse and sleigh, crouching in a low stance. He crept forward a few paces then froze.

"Severus!" Clancy whispered, clinging to Snape's arm. "The dog--it's a border collie!"

"Get behind me," Snape ordered.

"Steady now," the man instructed his dog. He observed the sleigh from a distance. "Just some folks out for a ride. They probably stepped out to admire the scenery. Let's be on our way." Turning sharply, the man disappeared down a path through a thicket of trees. Before obeying his master, Rory sprang toward the sleigh to investigate, sniffing his way around the outside. Detecting a human scent, he began pulling at Snape's trousers with his teeth. After three short whistles, the man shouted "RORY!" and the animal scampered off, dragging the wizard's trousers and underwear in his mouth.

Clancy peeped out from behind Snape. "Have they gone?"

"Yes, they've gone, and I suggest we leave, too, before something else goes wrong. The Muggle must live on a farm nearby."

"Why did he fire his gun?"

"He was probably inebriated. It is Hogmanay, after all. There is nothing I find more detestable than drinking. Alcohol clouds the mind. Wine, in moderation, is acceptable if the occasion calls for it, but otherwise I do not indulge." Leading her by the hand, Snape lifted Clancy when they reached the shore, returned the pool to its frozen state, then carried her swiftly to the sleigh. After applying a Drying Charm, they began dressing.

"BLAST!" Snape bellowed, reaching for his shirt.

"What's wrong?"

"My trousers are gone and my underwear, too!"

"Well, don't look at me -- I had nothing to do with it."

"That mongrel must have made off with them." Snape regarded Clancy scathingly. "Every time I'm with you, I lose my trousers!"

"I'm sorry, but at least you were right about Sibyll's prediction being worthless. The danger has past and I don't have to worry anymore about a man with a border collie."

"No, I suppose not, but how can I continue on with my plans for the evening when I'm not wearing any trousers or underwear?"

Clancy locked her arms around Snape's neck. "If we both give the matter a little thought, perhaps something will occur to us."

Snape brightened. "Do I take you to mean--"

"Yes, Severus," Clancy purred. "Tonight's the night!"





Bella Notte
~Music & lyrics by Sonny Burke & Peggy Lee
(From the film Lady and the Tramp, 1955)























Highly Improbable by Vocalion [Reviews - 7]

<< >>

Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Copyright © 2003-2007 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved