Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
SS/OC

Making Ends Meet by Obadiah Slope [Reviews - 8]

<< >>

Would you like to submit a review?


It was a cool and blustery evening in London, and Remus and Alina were inside a restaurant in a secluded, and almost deserted, square, eating their way through a three-course meal. It seemed that Alina, once again, was having an easier time of her love life than her close friend, Rosie. For Alina, finding a man who simply told you how he felt was a regular occurrence; Rosie, unfortunately, had never found things as simple as Alina had.

That was not to say that Alina had not endured the terrible nerves and discomforting voices that threatened to reduce her to a quivering mass of jelly. She had had a terrible time, not least because she was worried about how well the evening with Remus was going to turn out, but because she dreaded the idea of dressing up to meet someone, mainly because she felt she had to, and had no idea what to do. Alina, despite her antipathy of dolling herself up to go out somewhere, had bought some clothes and jewellery for the occasion. She had even consented to let one of her friends – not Rosie; she was not to be trusted with a mascara brush – do some light makeup of her. She felt slightly ridiculous as she sat in the restaurant with Remus Lupin, but that wasn’t because she felt over-dressed; it was because she was incredibly keen to make a good impression of herself.

Remus had had the same trouble getting to this stage in the day. His hair had been cut in honour of the occasion, but even that did not persuade him that he looked good. He was poor, he openly admitted it, and normally it didn’t bother him, but at this point in time he wished that he could have had some nicer clothes to wear to dinner – Alina looked amazing in her attire.

However, though they were both incredibly on edge, the two of them got on very well. They enjoyed each other’s company, liked the same books, found the same rather strange things funny. The whole date was going rather well.

“So, wait,” said Alina slowly, taking a sip of her wine and smiling at the man sitting opposite, “you were a teacher at Hogwarts – but then you resigned because the students found out that you were a werewolf?”

Remus looked around the restaurant. Earlier on in the day, Remus had told Alina of his unfortunate condition; to his immense relief, and surprise, she did not seem perturbed by his revelation. Alina had even consented to finding someone to brew him his Wolfsbane Potion for free; as she had mentioned, she was an Auror, and connected to a wide array of skilled and interesting people.

“Yes, that’s right,” sighed Remus. “It was a shame; I really enjoyed teaching. You’ll never guess who accidentally let my condition be known to the entire school, though.”

“Who?” Alina leant forward.

“Severus Snape!” He laughed, as though the memory was amusing, and wiped the corner of his mouth with his napkin.

“Why did he do that? I thought that you two were old friends or something.”

Remus snorted. “It’s a very long story, I’m afraid, and one that I don’t really want to tell now. Severus had his reasons, I daresay.” He smiled at Alina. “We were never friends,” he said. “We knew each other from school – but it wasn’t – well, we didn’t get on that well.”

“Really?”

“Oh, yes. You see, I was friends with Sirius Black and James Potter – they were the two people who loathed Severus the most. The feeling was entirely mutual. I never took part in what they did to him, but I never intervened with the bullying, either.” He looked sadly at the table.

“Severus was bullied?”

“He was,” said Remus sombrely, standing up and passing the money to the waiter. He gave Alina her coat and the pair of them walked out of the restaurant arm in arm. “Mind you, he didn’t make the situation any better for himself – he was a bit strange.”

“Nothing much has changed, then?” said Alina as the walked along a side street. They stopped and Remus turned to Alina and cupped her face with his hands. It was a cold night and Alina’s hands were freezing. She placed her arms around Remus’ waist, inside his long black coat. He smiled at her.

“No, nothing much has changed.” He looked at her intently. “Why are we talking about Severus anyway?”

Alina laughed. “I don’t kn-” But she was cut off as Remus pressed his lips to hers.

*

Rosie and Severus were enjoying a quiet night in. It had been four days since Rosie had come out of the unfortunate trip to St Mungo’s. Much to Severus’ relief, Rosie’s volatile mood had calmed down; she still felt jumpy, but Severus felt that this was to be expected. Severus hadn’t returned to Hogwarts, even though the Healers had given Rosie a clean bill of health. Despite Severus’ protestations that it was due to his reluctance to start teaching again, Rosie knew that the only reason Severus wouldn’t go back to Hogwarts was because he knew that she would be scared of being at home.

Rosie didn’t complain; she liked having Severus around the house. She loved him dearly, and felt much more at ease when he was around. It was just something to do with his presence; or maybe it was simply that she trusted him. She couldn’t explain to herself why that was the case – after everything that they had been through she thought that she probably shouldn’t – but at the same time, she couldn’t find a reason to let him go – not when she felt so happy with him.

Rosie put down the book that she was reading and rubbed her eyes tiredly. Yawning, she stood up and made her way up to bed. Severus followed her, and as she went into the bedroom he kissed her sweetly on the back of the neck.

Rosie smiled and made her way into the bedroom. She got undressed cautiously and gingerly climbed into her bed; she still had a slight pain in her back where she had fallen on the kitchen floor. She heard Severus walk into the bedroom and peel his own clothes off his body. Hearing the sounds of heavy cloth being draped on the back of the dressing chair, Rosie closed her eyes tighter; she didn’t trust her body to remain calm; the Healers had told her: ‘No over-exertion!’

However, her plan of failing to notice Severus’ presence failed miserably as she felt him slide into bed next to her. He turned the lights off and wound his arms around her body from behind, slowly kissing her neck and shoulders. Rosie pressed up against him, wanting to feel more of his body and was rewarded with a soft groan escaping his lips. He moved towards her and kissed her. Rosie’s little self-control was forgotten and she rolled onto her back to allow him to kiss her further, enjoying the feel of his lips on her own, letting him explore her mouth, adjusting to his tongue probing her teeth and lips. This was the first unguarded intimate moment that they had shared since they had got back; Severus certainly seemed to be enjoying it.

Rosie moved into the centre of the bed and Severus climbed on top of her. She looked up at him and saw him staring down at her, adoration in his eyes.

“Severus – I’m not supposed to over-exert myself,” she said quietly realising how stupid the words sounded.

Severus moved closer to her and said softly, “It doesn’t have to be passionate. It doesn’t have to tire you out. Just – please, Rosie; I’ve missed you.”

The words made Rosie’s stomach jolt and she smiled against his lips, pulling him down onto her. He reached for his wand and muttered ‘Divestio!’; their clothes vanished and reappeared, neatly folded, on the floor. He was now positioned over her, kissing her neck, gently sucking, but as he made his way down to her collarbone, he stopped. After a brief pause, he went back up to her face and kissed her earlobe, whispering, “Are you sure?” Rosie nodded. Why did he think she’d refuse?

He brought one hand up to cup her face and touch her hair while the other stayed firmly on her hip. He entered her slowly and gently, savouring every glorious sensation. Rosie shuddered at the feel of him inside her and nearly gasped. She brought her arms round to his back and ran them down the length of his spine. He kissed her, opening his mouth and letting his tongue move in lazily, running it over her teeth and her own tongue. “Oh, Rosie,” he moaned gently. She felt that she might explode at the closeness of their contact and as Severus thrust very gently into her, she bit her nails into his back.

He opened his eyes and asked softly, “Am I hurting you?”

“No,” was all Rosie could whisper back. She managed a small laugh and pressed her lips to his. “You’re perfect.” She could have sworn that he sobbed ever so slightly out of joy but she made no mention of it. They carried on, Severus making love to her slowly and luxuriously. They were in no rush. Their climax was shared and quiet and, as Severus collapsed on top of Rosie, she felt completely satisfied. She loved to feel his full weight on her; it made him solid and real – and hers. She didn’t think that she could be with anyone else. Severus was the only one that she would ever stay with. Her emotions were so strong that she spilled it to him.

“I’m never leaving you,” she said sleepily. Severus propped himself up on his elbows and looked at her curiously. She thought nothing more of it as she slipped into a deep slumber.


A/N: A season of merriment, eggnog and mistletoe, so I thought I’d lighten the mood of my own story with a little bit of sappy romance! If you read, please review! It’s the season of good will, after all, so why not drop a note? This is probably the last post before the twenty-fifth, so, to all who read, have a great Christmas! Have fun, whatever you do!

Making Ends Meet by Obadiah Slope [Reviews - 8]

<< >>

Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Copyright © 2003-2007 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved