Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
SS/OC

The Love Letter by Lana Manckir [Reviews - 2]

<< >>

Would you like to submit a review?


CHAPTER 10 : A big decision

The pain was excruciating. Snape barely got to the infirmary and collapsed to the floor. There was no one there, so he waited. He knew that at some point Poppy would wake up and find him.

He was so tired, his eyes were heavy and aching. Before he knew, welcomed blackness took over.

.........................................................

He woke up in one of the hospital beds, Dumbledore was sitting by his side gazing at him with a worried expression.

"How long have I been unconscious?" Snape asked trying to push himself to a sitting position. His whole body ached and he grimaced with the movement.

"Most of the day, how are you feeling?"

"I've been better."

"Severus, I don't want you to go anymore. We'll deal with the consequences, but I am not about to let you get yourself killed." The headmaster had a serious expression, one that was hardly seen in the old man's usually happy demeanor.

"I am very close to find out his next plans. The Dark Lord doesn't reveal everything he has in mind, he gives us bits of his plans, but I know that one more meeting and I'll be able to nail it!"

"I don't care, we can find another way..."

"Albus I'm a grown man, I can defend myself!" said Snape scowling.

"I am asking you as your friend, I know I can not force you to give this up, but please Severus, look at yourself! Is that what you call defend yourself?"

"I am strong enough to take it... look, I will give up as soon as I get this information, just one more meeting," said Snape as if pleading for Dumbledore's consent.

Dumbledore sighed. "Very well, I see I can't persuade you. Try to get some rest."

The old man looked older and defeated when he left. Snape knew Dumbledore cared about him like a son, he knew he was risking his life and bloody hell, Voldemort almost got close to killing him last night, but he was so close to find this thing out.

He closed his eyes and leaned back. "Just one more meeting," he said before he fell asleep again.

...........................................................................

When John arrived the next night, he was in a foul mood. Something had gone wrong and he was extremely angry.

Lavinia was used to his mood swings. Every little thing that happened in his life, be at work or with his family, he always took it all out on her. She was his emotional punching bag. And he was always picking things to complain about.

He went straight to the kitchen and grabbed a beer in the fridge. Without saying a word he scanned the room, turned on the TV and sat on the couch lazily.

"Don't you ever clean this house anymore?" he said without looking at her. "What do you do all day?"

She chose to ignore it, it was usually the best thing, to pretend he wasn't there. Not that day though. He seemed to be angry at her for some reason.

"Hey! So now you're not only dumb, you're deaf too!" he said grabbing her by the arm and staring at her face for the first time since he arrived.

"What do you want me to say?" she asked.

"This house is a mess, you spend your whole day reading those damn books while I work like a dog in that restaurant. Life sure is easy for you!"

"You are the one who doesn't want me out of the house! And don't think for a second that life is easy for me, you have no idea!" she said shaking, trying as hard as she could not to cry. The rage she had bottled up since she found out about that woman and the frustration of being locked in the house, living with a man who could care less about her, all started to surface.

"Oh really? Oh, don't tell me, let me guess... it's that emotional crap that people with no real problems like to talk about, right?" he said sneering.

"You wouldn't know, would you? Not with that useless thing you call a brain!" She barely finished talking and she was pinned to the wall. His beer breath on her face making her flinch.

"You will find out soon that I'm using my brain really well, you won't even know what hit you," he whispered on her ear while she kept turning her head away from him with her eyes shut tight.

He let her go and she ran out of the room, locking herself in the bathroom. She slid down the cold tile and finally allowed herself to cry.

..........................................................................

Madam Pomfrey let Snape out of the hospital on Monday morning. He had classes that day and even if she was reluctant to let him go, she couldn't argue with that. He made his way to the dungeon, still feeling a little dizzy.

As the day progressed, he started to feel a lot stronger and after dinner, it was as if he hadn't even been ill. He wondered how long his body was going to be able to recover the constant infliction of the Cruciatus curse, but hopefully, after the next meeting, he would find the information and quit being a spy. He promised Dumbledore he would. And now with Lavinia in mind, he couldn't afford to get killed and leave her alone. He was confident he was going to find a way.

On his way back to his chambers, he couldn't think of anything other than read her next letter. Only this time his heart sank when he read her desperate letter.


" Dear Severus,

It took me a little longer to get calm and collected to be able to write this letter. I know you said you would find a way, and I want to believe you, but it's hard. I don't know what you have in mind and I wish you could tell me. Maybe if we think about this together, we can get somewhere.

I don't know how much longer I am going to be safe here. My husband threatened me yesterday. I know something terrible is going to happen and I can't do anything about it. If I run away from here, I'll never be able to talk to you again.

That fireplace is the only link between us, without it, we're lost.

So please, Severus, tell me you have a plan.

On a lighter note, you could never scare me away, if it's any possible, you made me long for you even more.

Write soon. Love,

Liv. "


Snape couldn't wait any longer he would have do something even without the knowledge of her faith. It was pretty obvious what was about to happen and he wouldn't forgive himself if he couldn't help her. He had to talk to Minerva.

He threw some floo powder in the fireplace and summoned McGonagall to his chambers. She stumbled out of the fireplace and took his hand to steady herself.

"What is it Severus?"

"Read this," he said giving her the letter.

McGonagall read the letter quickly, shaking her head. "You told her you had a plan? What on earth do you intend to do?"

"I have a plan, I only needed to know what happened to her before I did something, but there is no time, I have to risk it. You know you can help me." He had a desperate look in his eyes, McGonagall had never seen him so anxious.

"If you're thinking of a time-turner, you know what are the consequences of meddling with the past, things are not supposed to be altered. It's absolutely out of the question!"

"I can't let that man kill her, he threatened her!"

"If he did, it was her destiny, and you can't change that. I know you got involved, but no matter what you do, you can't change a person's fate." McGonagall put her hand on his shoulder trying to comfort him.

"What if the only reason that it was possible for us to communicate, was to give her a second chance? A chance to be helped?" he started pacing, "I hope is not the fire, how can I warn her about the fire, if I don't know when it's going to happen?"

"You can't warn her, Severus. You can not interfere in any way!"

"How can you know I am not supposed to do that? I am already part of her present, who says, I'm not part of her future?"

"Even if I was to give you the time-turner, you know it only goes back hours, not years."

"Don't play innocent here Minerva, I know that if we apply a certain spell with it, it can actually go back years," he said silkily.

Her lips thinned. "Fine, I'm not going to argue with you anymore, but I still have to talk to Albus. I can't give you a time-turner without his consent."

Snape sank to his chair. He knew what Dumbledore thought about time traveling, this wasn't going to be easy.

He agreed with McGonagall and after she left he took a deep breath and decided to write Lavinia all about his world, there was no way she would understand any of this without knowing what he was first.

..................................................................................................................

A/N : Sorry this chapter was short. But I have to say things with the time-turner won't be so easy as Severus thinks.

The Love Letter by Lana Manckir [Reviews - 2]

<< >>

Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Copyright © 2003-2007 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved