Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
SS/OC

The Race For Snape by Sicaria [Reviews - 7]

<<

Would you like to submit a review?


I was listening, of course, hoping that some rule breaking had gone on and I could deduct points from Gryffindor for it. Instead, I heard about the bet that was made involving me. I must say that at first I was shocked. I hadn't thought that I would ever be the subject of a bet of such qualities. However, the more I thought on it, the more irritated I became. Who did these insipid girls think they were? Did they honestly think they could outwit me? That's when I formulated my plan.

I went straight to Dumbledore, and told him what I planned to do. He was reluctant at first, but then agreed. He thought it was best that I solved this on my own, as further involvement by more staff would cause increased embarrassment to the girls. It was also from Dumbledore that I obtained the timeturner. This was necessary to my plan, which was fairly ingenious, even if I do say so myself.

I planned to use the timeturner to kiss each girl at precisely the same moment. That way, they would all win. This was the plan that I told Dumbledore. The part I didn't tell him was that I hoped by doing this it would break them apart. Each would claim to have won the bet, and of course that couldn't be possible. A argument would ensue, and there would be no more of this inter-house nonsense.

My plan proceeded perfectly. When I noticed that Gryffindor girl, Katharina, stand up in the Great Hall, I put myself in position and waited. It was too perfect. They all left at the same time. Best friends to the end.

I intercepted Katharina fairly easy, played my part well, and departed.

With Marguerite I encountered something I hadn't counted on.

Desire.

When she parted her lips, and I felt her tongue on my lips....ahem...well, it was difficult to remember why I was there exactly, but I had pulled myself together soon enough, and was off to the next twit.

Isabel her name was, and I caught her prancing around outside in the rain. What a nitwit. I dispensed with her easy enough, but with Shelly came another difficulty.

Shelly enjoyed kissing me. She thought it was "wonderful". She cried.

I felt wretched that I had gotten carried away with her.

However, that feeling was easily swept aside, and I retreated to my private chambers to dwell on what had taken place that evening. I could barely sleep for want of seeing the reaction tomorrow morning would bring.

~~*****~~

I had been right about their reaction. There was an argument outside the Great Hall in the morning. As the students trickled in, they were all murmuring about it. I positively shivered with suppressed mirth. It was even harder to contain myself when Katharina stopped into the Great Hall, trailed one by one by her three ex-friends. I took a sip of pumpkin juice, but nearly spit it out when I heard Shelly exclaim, "You're a slut, Marguerite! I loved him first!"

Merlin's Beard. I hadn't counted on that.

"You're both wrong!" Isabel yelled, shaking with anger. "I love him more than both of you!"

"All of you are wrong!" Katharina shouted. "I love him!"

The four raced toward each other, and I thought a fist fight would ensue, but instead they all stood close together screaming at each other. The Great Hall was turned into a mass of screaming students when Katharina suddenly jumped on Shelly. Each house was backing their own representative.

"Enough!" boomed a voice. Dumbledore had arrived. "Will you four young ladies please follow me to my office?" He then looked at me. "Professor Snape, would you kindly follow?"

I rose from my chair and solemnly followed the group. Upon entering his office, all four girls began talking at once.

"I won the bet, Professor," Katharina was saying.

"I started when I wont the bet," Isabel said.

"They're all jealous that I won the bet," Marguerite stubbornly claimed while Shelly said calmly,

"All I know is that I won."

Dumbledore held up his hands. "Enough," he said sternly. "I'm most disappointed in all of you, including you, Severus."

I started. This was not going the way I had planned.

"When we agreed on your usage of the timeturner, I thought you meant to explain to these girls what you had done. I see that I was wrong."

I hung my head. I felt as I had back in my student years, when I had attended Hogwarts. Dumbledore had spoken to me more than once then too in this tone of voice.

"I'm sorry, Headmaster," I replied.

"I see that, Severus, and your apology will suffice," Dumbledore said, nodding at me and smiling.

"Excuse me," Katharina interjected. Those Gryffindors are always interrupting. "But what's this about a timeturner?"

"I used a timeturner to kiss you all at nine o'clock," I replied sharply. "I heard about your little bet from Shelly, when she told Miss Davenport in the Slytherin common room."

All four of the girls' mouths were shaped in perfect o's. I allowed myself a smirk. "I hope you realize how ridiculous you all were being this morning in the Great Hall," I admonished.

The girls looked at the floor, not daring to look at each other. Dumbledore took that opportunity to say, "I hope that you also realize you should never let a silly bet come between true friendship. Nor should you let your...ah...feelings for others intercede on your relationships with your friends."

Isabel was the first to look up at her friends. "I'm sorry, you guys," she said, smiling.

"I'm sorry, too!" the others replied in unison. They all lept up to hug each other, and then Dumbledore dismissed them.

"Ah, Severus," Dumbledore said, getting a dreamy look in his eye. "To be young again."

I silently put the timeturner on his desk.

"So how does it feel, Severus?" Dumbledore pressed, leaning forward and clasping his hands together. "How does it feel to have admirers?

"I feel slightly ill, Professor," I replied sincerely. "Those twits kept me quite busy last night."

"I believe they call them groupies nowadays," Dumbledore replied with a twinkle in his eye.

"I call them a nuisance," I countered, as I swept out of the Headmaster's office. I swear I could hear him chuckling as I descended the steps.

There was no way I would admit to him, or anyone else, that I had thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience.

~~***The End***~~


The Race For Snape by Sicaria [Reviews - 7]

<<

Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Copyright © 2003-2007 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved