Private Lessons: Private Lessons

by LeoGryffin

Written for 30minutefics LJ community Wednesday, August 20, 2003

The Challenge: Harry Potter: Order of the Phoenix quotes that are pretty smutty taken out of context. For the first challenge, pick a quote and develop a story surrounding the quote.

Quote used: "Manners, Potter," said Snape dangerously. "Now, I want you to close your eyes."
Harry threw him a filthy look before doing as he was told. He did not like the idea of standing there with his eyes shut while Snape faced him, carrying a wand. (page 535, American Edition)


"I won't do it again, Professor. I...I'm so sorry..."

"You're sorry. Sorry? Dear gods, boy, I've spent all this effort trying to school your thoughts so that the Dark Lord cannot hurt you, and you could easily get me killed by not practicing what I've tried to drill into your thick skull. If he can see into your mind, he might realize that I am a member of the Order! Idiot boy!"

Anger flared up in Harry. "I have had other things on my plate besides practicing Occlumency! I have O.W.L.S. to study for, or don't you remember?" Harry hadn't realized that in his fury he had pulled his wand out and was vaguely waving it in his professor's direction.

"Expelliarmus," Snape muttered, deftly catching Harry's wand in his hand.

"What in the bloody hell..."

"Manners, Potter," said Snape dangerously. "Now, I want you to close your eyes."

Harry threw him a filthy look before doing as he was told. He did not like the idea of standing there with his eyes shut while Snape faced him, carrying a wand.

For an excruciating moment, he stood, beads of sweat forming on his forehead, as he heard Snape move around the room. He attempted to focus on the sounds of his robes, but found that the potions master was too silent in his movements. Harry became consciously aware of Snape's scent for the first time in his life, which to his surprise, wasn't the least bit unpleasant.

"Nervous?" Snape said casually from somewhere behind Harry. Harry whirled around, never opening his eyes.

"What do you want with me?"

"I want you to free your mind and concentrate on my voice, Potter. I'm going to attempt to enter your mind again, and I want you to block me this time. Fight me. Pretend I am the Dark Lord for all I care. But this time," Snape hissed, "you will block my attempts."

A frisson of fear, mixed with a tingle of anticipation, wormed its way up Harry's spine. He smelled Snape's scent grow stronger, and could almost feel him brush past. Suddenly, he felt Snape's attempts to penetrate his mind again.

Harry concentrated on a single thought, one that was so tenuous at first that he had trouble grasping it. It was the scent, the promise of something darker and more fulfilling down the road. Sophisticated, opulent, experienced...long fingers pushing, exploring in just the right places...

Stop it!!! Harry knew where the thoughts were leading, and he didn't care for Snape to have access to them. If it hadn't been for the tantalizing scent of his professor, the thoughts wouldn't have been there at all.

"Very good, Potter," Snape said grudgingly, shaking his head. "I wasn't able to get past your defenses that time. You finally seem to have grasped the simple concept I have been trying to drill into your head. Focus on something that produces a strong pleasurable response, and you won't become the tool of an evil overlord. Not a difficult theory to master."

Harry blushed, opening his eyes to see his professor standing directly in front of him. Snape was eyeing him with a measure of unusual respect. "It is a very accomplished Occlumens that can block me, Potter. Keep it up, and perhaps someday you'll be as known for this as you are for that blasted Patronus."

It was ridiculous that Harry was feeling such an absurd pleasure at Snape's comments, but he was unable to hide a smile. "Don't get cocky, Potter," was Snape's only reply. "Let's try again, shall we? Close your eyes..."

When Harry closed his eyes again, he was even more hyper-aware of Snape's presence hovering nearby. A fleeting image of himself, tangled up on the floor of the classroom kissing Snape, crossed his mind. He quickly dismissed it so that Snape would not accidentally see it if he was unable to block. It came again, unbidden, and he suddenly wasn't sure if it was his own thoughts or those of his professor. His eyes flew open, and he could read it clearly in Snape's face.

"You were able to push me completely out and you got into my mind again," Snape said with a mixture of annoyance at the violation and pleasure that he was finally getting somewhere with this difficult boy. As far as Snape was concerned, the faster Harry Potter was out of his life, the better. He was grossly uncomfortable being so close to the young man, thinking thoughts that were altogether inappropriate. It had been the same with his bloody father, years ago, but at least Snape hadn't had the stigma of being a dirty old man.

"That's enough for tonight," Snape said abruptly.

"I..." Harry trailed off, not knowing what to say. He now knew his professor's secret.

"Thank you, Professor Snape."

"Get out of my sight, boy."

"Next Thursday at eight?"

"Yes," Snape sighed, watching the door close behind The Boy Who Lived.

This story archived at: Occlumency

http://occlumency.sycophanthex.com/viewstory.php?sid=9