A Better Childhood: Chapter 1 – The Potion

by grugster

Thanks a lot to my beta-reader,Duchess_Of_Arcadia , for correcting my mistakes.


Disclaimer: All recognizable characters belong to J.K. Rowling, and I am not earning anything by writing this story.


I’m not a native speaker of English!


Dear readers,
Yes, I know that this is another topic that so many writers already have used for their fan fictions but I like it a lot and so had to write my own Severus gets de-aged story. He will be raised by Albus and Minerva.
The whole Weasley family will appear often. The story also will contain a lot Alastor and Poppy. Alastor will be OOC as in all my stories, so if you don’t like it don’t read it!
Please let me know what you think about it!
Bye Sunny



Chapter 1 – The Potion


“No, no, no, Albus!” Severus screamed. “I said to you before and I say to you again that I will not let myself be de-aged to a four-year-old boy.” He was furious. How could Albus even suggest it? Wasn’t my first childhood bad enough? They had discussed this several times before, and they all knew that he wanted to choose Azkaban. He had already arranged everything and was waiting for the Ministry officials to take him away when Albus had asked him to come to his office. I thought he wanted to say goodbye and not that he wanted to convince me again to choose childhood over Azkaban.


“Severus, calm down. That’s the only choice the Ministry gives you besides a life-long sentence in Azkaban. We both know that you have committed murder in your service for the Dark Lord before your time as a spy. I had hoped they would have laid down all the cases against you because of your important role in the war, but they didn’t. That just leaves us this choice, because we will not let you go to Azkaban.”


We. That reminded Severus of the two other people in the room. He looked at Alastor and noticed that he was hovering near the door. That made him suspicious. “What’s going on here?”


“Severus, we have only thirty minutes left before the Ministry officials will come to check if you are de-aged, and I will not wait until the last minute.”


“What do you mean you won’t wait?” Severus already was backing away from Albus in the direction of the door. But it was not the wooden surface he grabbed while he blindly fumbled behind him. It was Alastor’s robe. He turned abruptly to see Alastor blocking the door completely.


“Severus, listen to Albus. You will not leave this office as your adult self,” Alastor stated sternly, but nevertheless tried to stay friendly.


He again turned frantically to Albus and saw that he already had a goblet with the de-aging potion in his hands. Panic overcame him, and he looked at the last person in the room for help. “Minerva, you can’t let them force me into this. I hated to be a child. I would prefer to die than to go through my damn childhood again,” he pleaded with her.


Tears were running down her cheeks. “I’m sorry, Severus. I had hoped you would take it freely, but I am not willing to let you go to Azkaban. I know you had an awful childhood, but this time everything will be different. You will live with Albus and I, Severus. And Alastor will become your guardian. I promise, you will have a good childhood this time. Please, Severus, don’t fight them,” Minerva pleaded while her heart almost broke to see the frightened look on Severus’ face. What must he have gone through when he would choose rotting in Azkaban over becoming a child again, she thought sadly.


Don’t fight them? What is she speaking about? Severus thought desperately.


But his question was answered when Albus spoke again. “Severus, you will take this potion one way or the other. It’s your choice if we have to force you or if you take it freely.”


“You cannot force me. That’s against the law!” Severus shouted while he desperately looked for an escape route. Albus was coming nearer and nearer. Soon they will have cornered me. They can’t be serious.


“Nobody except of us three will know that we had to force you to take it, Severus. And we prefer to live with that guilt than with the constant fear for you in Azkaban.” With that he had reached Severus.


On instinct Severus drew his wand. “No, Albus, please!” When he tried to step back, he collided with someone.


And this someone said, “You don’t want to hex us, Severus. So, just put this away.” With that Alastor grabbed Severus’ wand from behind and put it in his cloak.


He was right; he didn’t wanted to hex them, but he also didn’t want to become a vulnerable child again. He wished that it would be possible that Albus and Minerva take him in and he could have a better childhood than his first, but who knew what would happen? Maybe they don't like me as a child or I do something so stupid that they will abandon me? How can I be sure that it will really be a better childhood? He felt paralyzed by Albus’ gaze and when he sensed Alastor encircle him from behind to hold him in place, he didn’t resist. Oh Merlin, what shall I do? I still can knock it out of his hand, but maybe I should let them give me the potion. I'm scared of Azkaban. How long will I survive? Will it be a slow and painful death? His mind was racing. He was torn between giving in and fighting, but when he felt the goblet being pressed at his lips and Albus’ hand on his neck, he decided not to fight. I could trust them before, and I hope I can trust them now as well. Liquid was in his mouth and he swallowed.


“It’s okay, Severus, we will take care of you.” Severus could hear Albus’ gentle voice faintly through his potion-fogged mind.


The potion burned in his throat, and he realized that the world around him started to swim. The last things he could hear were Minerva’s sobs, and then everything went black.


This chapter is very short, but normally the chapters won't be that short! It was just to see if you are interested in it! Please review!

This story archived at: Occlumency

http://occlumency.sycophanthex.com/viewstory.php?sid=6713